Review: could High blood pressure cause Shingles?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 7, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.4/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 207,383 people who have High blood pressure. Among them, 788 experience Shingles (Herpes zoster). Find out who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
High blood pressure
High blood pressure (latest reports from 1,129,332 patients) is typically treated by Lisinopril, Atenolol, Amlodipine Besylate, Diovan, Hydrochlorothiazide, Norvasc.
Shingles (a painful, contagious rash caused by the chickenpox virus) (latest reports from 113,202 patients) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, multiple myeloma, high blood pressure.
On Mar, 7, 2014: 207,292 people who have high blood pressure are studied. Among them, 788 (0.38%) have Shingles.
Gender of people who have high blood pressure and experienced Shingles * :
Age of people who have high blood pressure and experienced Shingles * :
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (189 people, 23.98%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (148 people, 18.78%)
- Prophylaxis (130 people, 16.50%)
- Pain (130 people, 16.50%)
- Diabetes mellitus (127 people, 16.12%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (121 people, 15.36%)
- Herpes zoster (98 people, 12.44%)
- Depression (96 people, 12.18%)
- Hypothyroidism (80 people, 10.15%)
- Insomnia (73 people, 9.26%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Fosamax (202 people, 25.63%)
- Aspirin (164 people, 20.81%)
- Humira (138 people, 17.51%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (131 people, 16.62%)
- Lisinopril (126 people, 15.99%)
- Norvasc (124 people, 15.74%)
- Diovan (107 people, 13.58%)
- Lasix (101 people, 12.82%)
- Celebrex (98 people, 12.44%)
- Prednisolone (97 people, 12.31%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: High blood pressure, Shingles
You can also:
Common treatments for High Blood Pressure and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Browse all High blood pressure symptoms from A to Z:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (4 weeks ago):
I am on Remicade once a month since July 22nd of 2013. Had a great response until I hurt my low back again. Then the back pain just worked it's way right up my spine to the neck. I have had neck fusion one level...several bad discs. A knee replacement, a shoulder reconstruction etc. The numbness and tingling in my left hand and buzzing in my left ear are driving me nuts. A recent hearing exam showed I had nerve problems there as well. Don't know what to think. Had a brain MRI it showed normal. Now thinking a spinal tap in order?
From this study (1 year ago):
I used the Betamethasone with Atarax in October when I got contact dermatitis from chemicals. I only take the Vicodin, Lisinopril, and Xanax now. I stopped the other meds after I recoverd about 2 months ago.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: High blood pressure, Shingles
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Went to dr. for high blood pressure.... dr. thought i was depressed and gave me samples of viibyrd....blood pressure kept increasing(205/117)
Made appointment with family dr. for my high blood pressure( 200/105)..he seemed to think I was depressed....He changed my blood pressure med and gave me Viibyrd...After taking one pill blood pressure increased to 227/107...Also, had like electrical shock sensations from heart..NEVER!!!!would I take ...
- High blood pressure and hot flashes
Had normalish hot flashes and night sweats since age 23. Genetically predestined for early menopause like my mother. At age 41-42 stopped menstrual cycle ...Hot flashes intensified to unbearable! would be outside in below freezing weather sweating like I was sitting in a sauna, I am now 45. I found ...
- Cardiac stress test (thalamine ) and oxycodone
I am writing this for my sister-in-law, Maria, who is not able to do so and for whom my husband, her brother, and I are the POAs. In May of 2012, Maria had a recurring pain in her leg which took her to the hospital again. She was diagnosed for a second time as having a strained muscle. Then the hosp ...
More reviews for: High blood pressure, Shingles
Recent related drug studies on eHealthMe:
- A study of drug interactions between Hydrochlorothiazide, Metoprolol Succinate, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Neurontin, Topamax, Remicade for a patient with High Blood Pressure, Pain, Nerve Pain, Migraine, Psoriatic Arthritis. The patient has Shingles (Herpes zoster), Pain - Neck (Neck pain), Low Back Pain (Back pain - low), Muscle Pain (Muscle aches), Nerve Pain (Neuralgia), Pain - Joints (Joint pain), Loss For Words, Short-term Memory Loss (Memory loss), Loss Of Hearing (Hearing loss), Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness (Weakness), Sensation Of Heaviness, Dizziness, Tingling In Knees, Fumbling, Noises Or Buzzing In The Ears (Tinnitus), Numbness In Hands Or Feet
- A study of drug interactions between Vicodin, Lisinopril, Xanax, Betamethasone Dipropionate for a patient with Failed Back Surgery Syndrome, High Blood Pressure, Stress And Anxiety, Dermatitis Contact. The patient has Shingles (Herpes zoster)
More related studies for: High blood pressure, Shingles
Recent High Blood Pressure related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: High blood pressure, Shingles
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
- High blood pressure (177,152 reports)
- Amlodipine Besylate
- Metoprolol Tartrate
- Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide
- Diovan Hct
- Metoprolol Succinate
- Losartan Potassium
- Benicar Hct
- Enalapril Maleate
Recent user comments
- "after taking imitrex it seems to have a rebound effec ... " (15 minutes ago)
- "My mother has had Parkinson's disease for about 15 yr ... " (1 hour ago)
- "I thought it was menopause but I think it may be the ... " (5 hours ago)
- Myasthenic Syndrome
- Bisoprolol Fumarate