Review: could High blood pressure cause Shoulder pain?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 6, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.6/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 207,383 people who have High blood pressure. Among them, 85 experience Shoulder pain. See who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
High blood pressure
High blood pressure (latest reports from 1,126,801 patients) is typically treated by Lisinopril, Atenolol, Norvasc, Amlodipine Besylate, Diovan, Hydrochlorothiazide.
Shoulder pain (latest reports from 10,485 patients) has been reported by people with arthritis, pain, high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, osteoporosis.
On Mar, 6, 2014: 207,292 people who have high blood pressure are studied. Among them, 85 (0.04%) have Shoulder Pain.
Gender of people who have high blood pressure and experienced Shoulder pain * :
|Shoulder pain||63.96%||36.04% |
Age of people who have high blood pressure and experienced Shoulder pain * :
|Shoulder pain||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||2.88%||25.96%||25.96%||45.19% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Shoulder pain||3.70%||37.04%||51.85%||7.41% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Blood cholesterol increased (24 people, 28.24%)
- Depression (16 people, 18.82%)
- High blood pressure (16 people, 18.82%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (14 people, 16.47%)
- Hypersensitivity (13 people, 15.29%)
- Hypothyroidism (13 people, 15.29%)
- Pain (11 people, 12.94%)
- Anxiety (10 people, 11.76%)
- Diabetes mellitus (9 people, 10.59%)
- Cardiac disorder (8 people, 9.41%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Vioxx (46 people, 54.12%)
- Norvasc (37 people, 43.53%)
- Plavix (23 people, 27.06%)
- Lipitor (21 people, 24.71%)
- Diovan (20 people, 23.53%)
- Allegra (16 people, 18.82%)
- Premarin (15 people, 17.65%)
- Zoloft (14 people, 16.47%)
- Cozaar (12 people, 14.12%)
- Prilosec (12 people, 14.12%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: High blood pressure, Shoulder pain
You can also:
Common treatments for High Blood Pressure and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Browse all High blood pressure symptoms from A to Z:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (1 month ago):
Since being hospitalized last September with thickening of the stomach liner & bloody stools/severe cramping & diarrhea, I have cut my dosage back on the topamax hoping that it would help my symptoms. As soon as I did that, the migraines came back. I was originally taking a low dose of 25mg x 2 a day. Now, I take one every other day & I am still experiencing Nast side effects.
I also have a lot of fibroid cysts with one growing on my right ovary. My periods have become more severe, also.
I also had a colonoscopy a week ago to full out chron's & other IBD's. The test showed 2 perforations in my colon which causes me to get deathly ill resulting in a trip to the ER. I have asked several doctors if Topamax could be the cause of my stomach problems & they all said no. Do they not have access to the same info that I find about this necessary evil drug?!! It's obvious that my suffering from the debilitating side-effects of this migraine med is no longer worth it. But now what? I have literally became a 39 year old shut in! My stomach hurts all the time & the GI doc says that it's not from my stomach???!!! I wonder if he missed the part that I can't leave my house because I never know when my stomach is going to flare or that it's not normal to have blood constantly in the stool? At least I have an idea of what is causing all of this agony & I am hopeful to put the pieces of my life back together....sooner than later. I am not ready to be a shut in.
From this study (6 months ago):
Photosensitivity and symptoms of hypopigmentation patches covering areas all over the body occurred only after allergic reaction to doxycycline hyclate.
From this study (6 months ago):
May have started after over use of shoulder muscles weeks ago
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: High blood pressure, Shoulder pain
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Went to dr. for high blood pressure.... dr. thought i was depressed and gave me samples of viibyrd....blood pressure kept increasing(205/117)
Made appointment with family dr. for my high blood pressure( 200/105)..he seemed to think I was depressed....He changed my blood pressure med and gave me Viibyrd...After taking one pill blood pressure increased to 227/107...Also, had like electrical shock sensations from heart..NEVER!!!!would I take ...
- High blood pressure and hot flashes
Had normalish hot flashes and night sweats since age 23. Genetically predestined for early menopause like my mother. At age 41-42 stopped menstrual cycle ...Hot flashes intensified to unbearable! would be outside in below freezing weather sweating like I was sitting in a sauna, I am now 45. I found ...
- Cardiac stress test (thalamine ) and oxycodone
I am writing this for my sister-in-law, Maria, who is not able to do so and for whom my husband, her brother, and I are the POAs. In May of 2012, Maria had a recurring pain in her leg which took her to the hospital again. She was diagnosed for a second time as having a strained muscle. Then the hosp ...
More reviews for: High blood pressure, Shoulder pain
Recent related drug studies on eHealthMe:
- A study of drug interactions between Zofran, Bentyl, Topamax, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide for a patient with Nausea, Ibs & Colits Flare Ups, Migraine, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Inflammation - Rectum (Proctitis), Pain - Leg (Leg pain), Shoulder Pain, Stomach Pumping (Gastric suction), Fatigue - Chronic (Chronic fatigue syndrome), Pain - Back (Back pain - low), Constipation, Diarrhea, Nausea, Blood In Stool
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Tartrate, Folic Acid, Multivitamin, Losartan Potassium, Calcium, Atorvastatin Calcium, Sulfasalazine, Plaquenil, Methotrexate for a patient with High Blood Pressure, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Nutritional Support, Osteopenia, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Skin Hypopigmentation, Shoulder Pain, Fatigue Aggravated, Swallowing Difficulty, Breathlessness (Breathing difficulty), Photosensitivity Allergic Reaction
- A study of side effects of Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide for a patient with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Pain - Shoulder
More related studies for: High blood pressure, Shoulder pain
Recent High Blood Pressure related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: High blood pressure, Shoulder pain
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.