High blood cholesterol and A-fib - from FDA reports
A-fib is found among people with High blood cholesterol, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, take medication Lipitor and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have A-fib with High blood cholesterol. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1,827 people who have High blood cholesterol from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 19, 2017
1,827 people who have High Blood Cholesterol and A-Fib are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have High Blood Cholesterol and experience A-Fib *:
- female: 49.33 %
- male: 50.67 %
Age of people who have High Blood Cholesterol and experience A-Fib *:
- 0-1: 0.26 %
- 2-9: 0.06 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.13 %
- 30-39: 0.58 %
- 40-49: 3.14 %
- 50-59: 11.61 %
- 60+: 84.22 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (718 people, 39.30%)
- Diabetes (240 people, 13.14%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (226 people, 12.37%)
- Cardiac Disorder (167 people, 9.14%)
- Hypothyroidism (152 people, 8.32%)
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Lipitor (435 people, 23.81%)
- Crestor (260 people, 14.23%)
- Aspirin (234 people, 12.81%)
- Simvastatin (230 people, 12.59%)
- Pradaxa (178 people, 9.74%)
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Breathing Difficulty (198 people, 10.84%)
- Weakness (173 people, 9.47%)
- Cardiac Failure Congestive (172 people, 9.41%)
- Chest Pain (164 people, 8.98%)
- Fall (156 people, 8.54%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have A-fib and High blood cholesterol?
- Check symptoms - is your a-fib caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeA-fib and High blood cholesterol from FDA and eHealthMe reports
High Blood Cholesterol
High blood cholesterol can be treated by Lipitor, Simvastatin, Crestor, Pravastatin sodium, Atorvastatin calcium (latest reports from 263,324 High blood cholesterol patients)
A-fib (most common type of arrhythmia) has been reported by people with atrial fibrillation/flutter, high blood pressure, diabetes, multiple myeloma, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 181,335 A-fib patients).
Browse all symptoms of High blood cholesterola b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Could your drugs cause A-fibA-fib
Other conditions that could case A-fibA-fib
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
I took 4 shots of Lupron for prostate cancer. They were once a month and the last one was in Dec of 2016. I had my Lipids tested in February and my triglycerides were 1100. I have started taking Atorvastatin 80 mg (generic Lipitor) and Ezetimibe 10 mg. Has anyone had a huge increase in their ...
I'm having an MRI for my lower back and am claustrophobic. My doc prescribed me 3 x 1 mg tablets of Lorazepam to be taken one a day starting two days before. That sounds like a recipe for not getting any work done, so I googled and found they recommend one tab 1 to 2 hours before and a second ...
Has anyone booked good results in using Taurine and L Argine or other supplements in conquering Afib or/and PVC's? I'm recovering from Ablation a view months ago and still have a lots of PVC's and read a lot about these supplements. henk
My wife was prescribed with hydroxychloroquine sulfate for illness connected with the immune system. She has high blood cholesterol although she takes cholesterol lowering medicine. Is there any thing that can be done to lower her blood cholesterol pleease ?
You may be interested in these reviews
Hi there, thank you for letting me join this group. I have had a-fib for 20 years. I'm thinking of starting Sam-e for depression, and am interested in the effects it has on a-fib, and the associated drugs. Thanks! Sue