High blood pressure and Coughing - from FDA reports
Coughing is found among people with High blood pressure, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, take medication Lisinopril and have High blood cholesterol. This review analyzes which people have Coughing with High blood pressure. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 7,971 people who have High blood pressure from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 19, 2017
7,971 people who have High Blood Pressure and Coughing are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have High Blood Pressure and experience Coughing *:
- female: 65.66 %
- male: 34.34 %
Age of people who have High Blood Pressure and experience Coughing *:
- 0-1: 0.14 %
- 2-9: 0.17 %
- 10-19: 0.19 %
- 20-29: 0.88 %
- 30-39: 2.89 %
- 40-49: 9.06 %
- 50-59: 21.62 %
- 60+: 65.04 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- High Blood Cholesterol (1,255 people, 15.74%)
- Diabetes (701 people, 8.79%)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (696 people, 8.73%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (684 people, 8.58%)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (597 people, 7.49%)
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Lisinopril (1,073 people, 13.46%)
- Humira (797 people, 10.00%)
- Aspirin (579 people, 7.26%)
- Amlodipine (569 people, 7.14%)
- Diovan (548 people, 6.87%)
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Breathing Difficulty (1,815 people, 22.77%)
- Fatigue (1,130 people, 14.18%)
- Dizziness (794 people, 9.96%)
- Chest Pain (779 people, 9.77%)
- Fever (771 people, 9.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Coughing and High blood pressure?
- Check symptoms - is your coughing caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeCoughing and High blood pressure from FDA and eHealthMe reports
High Blood Pressure
High blood pressure can be treated by Lisinopril, Atenolol, Amlodipine besylate, Hydrochlorothiazide, Metoprolol tartrate (latest reports from 541,323 High blood pressure patients)
Coughing has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, asthma, multiple sclerosis, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (latest reports from 149,328 Coughing patients).
Browse all symptoms of High blood pressurea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Could your drugs cause CoughingCoughing
Other conditions that could case CoughingCoughing
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
Been on benicar/hct for 10years, I am female, 61 years old. Developed a cough. Basically coughing 24/7. Out of control. And yes I pee my self. I have had it for a year. I have been off benicar for 2 weeks, Dr said it should be out of my System @3 weeks. How long did it take for the cough to go ...
My blood pressure always used to be on the lower side. I am taking Methadone 7.5mg daily(2.5mg 3 times daily) for chronic pain. Ever since I am on 2.5mg Methdone tablets every 8 hours since nine months, my blood pressure has become very uncontrollable i.e. has been on the higher side.
I've had Wegeners since 2003--13 years--and have used imuran for 11. I have neuropathy, bone spurs, and arthritis in my feet that are so painful, at times I feel like I can't walk any more. My rheumatologist just brushed me off by saying he'd raise my imuran to 100 mg and if that didn't help ...
You may be interested in these reviews
Hello everyone 😷! New Mexico Norm here . Found this site while on one of my internet explorations. Often thought I needed a way to vent, ask questions (other than a physician) and feel as though there may be a way to get some comfort from others experiences and maybe vice versa. We'll ...
Looking for people to communicate with that are experiencing episodic coughing spells after taking casodex. The cough is severe and makes me so fatigue and causes my back to hurt. What are others doing for their coughs?
Has anyone taken Diflucan that also has high blood pressure and are having really high increase in blood pressure. My is running in 170/ 111_ even after sleeping and woke up took it and the bottom number was 103. It's been about a week since I took the last Diflucan