High blood pressure and Dry eye - from FDA reports
Dry eye is found among people with High blood pressure, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, take medication Lisinopril and have High blood cholesterol. This review analyzes which people have Dry eye with High blood pressure. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 820 people who have High blood pressure from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 21, 2017
820 people who have High Blood Pressure and Dry Eye are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have High Blood Pressure and experience Dry Eye *:
- female: 77.55 %
- male: 22.45 %
Age of people who have High Blood Pressure and experience Dry Eye *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.48 %
- 20-29: 0.48 %
- 30-39: 1.92 %
- 40-49: 6.56 %
- 50-59: 21.12 %
- 60+: 69.44 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- High Blood Cholesterol (139 people, 16.95%)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (71 people, 8.66%)
- Diabetes (70 people, 8.54%)
- Depression (70 people, 8.54%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (65 people, 7.93%)
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Synthroid (87 people, 10.61%)
- Lisinopril (87 people, 10.61%)
- Spiriva (66 people, 8.05%)
- Amlodipine (61 people, 7.44%)
- Lipitor (56 people, 6.83%)
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Dry Mouth (178 people, 21.71%)
- Vision Blurred (133 people, 16.22%)
- Fatigue (132 people, 16.10%)
- Headache (114 people, 13.90%)
- Dizziness (104 people, 12.68%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Dry eye and High blood pressure?
- Check symptoms - is your dry eye caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeDry eye and High blood pressure from FDA and eHealthMe reports
High Blood Pressure
High blood pressure can be treated by Lisinopril, Atenolol, Amlodipine besylate, Hydrochlorothiazide, Metoprolol tartrate (latest reports from 541,323 High blood pressure patients)
Dry eye (lack of adequate tears) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, dry eyes, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, depression (latest reports from 28,944 Dry eye patients).
Browse all symptoms of High blood pressurea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Could your drugs cause Dry eyeDry eye
Other conditions that could case Dry eyeDry eye
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
My blood pressure always used to be on the lower side. I am taking Methadone 7.5mg daily(2.5mg 3 times daily) for chronic pain. Ever since I am on 2.5mg Methdone tablets every 8 hours since nine months, my blood pressure has become very uncontrollable i.e. has been on the higher side.
I've had Wegeners since 2003--13 years--and have used imuran for 11. I have neuropathy, bone spurs, and arthritis in my feet that are so painful, at times I feel like I can't walk any more. My rheumatologist just brushed me off by saying he'd raise my imuran to 100 mg and if that didn't help ...
You may be interested in these reviews
Hello everyone 😷! New Mexico Norm here . Found this site while on one of my internet explorations. Often thought I needed a way to vent, ask questions (other than a physician) and feel as though there may be a way to get some comfort from others experiences and maybe vice versa. We'll ...
Has anyone taken Diflucan that also has high blood pressure and are having really high increase in blood pressure. My is running in 170/ 111_ even after sleeping and woke up took it and the bottom number was 103. It's been about a week since I took the last Diflucan