High blood pressure and Shingles - from FDA reports
Shingles is found among people with High blood pressure, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, take medication Humira and have Rheumatoid arthritis. This review analyzes which people have Shingles with High blood pressure. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1,319 people who have High blood pressure from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 21, 2017
1,319 people who have High Blood Pressure and Shingles are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have High Blood Pressure and experience Shingles *:
- female: 68.97 %
- male: 31.03 %
Age of people who have High Blood Pressure and experience Shingles *:
- 0-1: 0.09 %
- 2-9: 0.09 %
- 10-19: 1.01 %
- 20-29: 0.27 %
- 30-39: 2.84 %
- 40-49: 5.5 %
- 50-59: 22.64 %
- 60+: 67.55 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (309 people, 23.43%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (225 people, 17.06%)
- Osteoporosis (161 people, 12.21%)
- Pain (159 people, 12.05%)
- Preventive Health Care (156 people, 11.83%)
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Humira (211 people, 16.00%)
- Fosamax (170 people, 12.89%)
- Methotrexate (129 people, 9.78%)
- Lisinopril (108 people, 8.19%)
- Norvasc (102 people, 7.73%)
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Pain (193 people, 14.63%)
- Breathing Difficulty (158 people, 11.98%)
- Fall (143 people, 10.84%)
- Pain In Extremity (138 people, 10.46%)
- Stress And Anxiety (136 people, 10.31%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Shingles and High blood pressure?
- Check symptoms - is your shingles caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeShingles and High blood pressure from FDA and eHealthMe reports
High Blood Pressure
High blood pressure can be treated by Lisinopril, Atenolol, Amlodipine besylate, Hydrochlorothiazide, Metoprolol tartrate (latest reports from 541,323 High blood pressure patients)
Shingles (a painful, contagious rash caused by the chickenpox virus) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, multiple myeloma, crohn's disease (latest reports from 40,544 Shingles patients).
Browse all symptoms of High blood pressurea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Could your drugs cause ShinglesShingles
Other conditions that could case ShinglesShingles
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
My blood pressure always used to be on the lower side. I am taking Methadone 7.5mg daily(2.5mg 3 times daily) for chronic pain. Ever since I am on 2.5mg Methdone tablets every 8 hours since nine months, my blood pressure has become very uncontrollable i.e. has been on the higher side.
I am a 69 yr. Old Female!!Have been taking flonase for 5 or 6 yrs.Broke out in shingles a yr. Ago..Have had 3 breakouts since..The last 2 breakouts were in less than a month of each other!!! Curious if it could possibly be a side effect from the flonase..am not taking any other medications!!
I have recently been diagnosed with cranial herpes zoster. During the prodromal stage, before the lesions became evident I experienced pain I my back where I had pain the last time I had shingles on my back and breast area. I also started having bladder pain. It feels like someone is ...
You may be interested in these reviews
Hello everyone 😷! New Mexico Norm here . Found this site while on one of my internet explorations. Often thought I needed a way to vent, ask questions (other than a physician) and feel as though there may be a way to get some comfort from others experiences and maybe vice versa. We'll ...
Has anyone taken Diflucan that also has high blood pressure and are having really high increase in blood pressure. My is running in 170/ 111_ even after sleeping and woke up took it and the bottom number was 103. It's been about a week since I took the last Diflucan