Review: could Hiv infection cause Lip swelling?
We study 38,398 people who have Hiv infection from FDA and social media. Among them, 25 have Lip swelling. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Stay connected: join a mobile support group for people who have Hiv infection and Lip swelling >>>
Hiv infection (latest reports from 42,145 patients) can be treated by Atripla, Truvada, Norvir, Sustiva, Kaletra, Reyataz.
Lip swelling (latest reports from 39,112 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, depression.
On Sep, 11, 2014: 38,398 people who have hiv infection are studied. Among them, 25 (0.07%) have Lip Swelling.
Gender of people who have hiv infection and experienced Lip swelling * :
|Lip swelling||66.15%||33.85% |
Age of people who have hiv infection and experienced Lip swelling * :
|Lip swelling||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||10.91%||65.45%||3.64%||16.36%||5.45% |
Severity of the symptom * :
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Diarrhoea (8 people, 32.00%)
- Hypertension (8 people, 32.00%)
- Anxiety (4 people, 16.00%)
- Blood triglycerides increased (3 people, 12.00%)
- Nausea (3 people, 12.00%)
- Hypersensitivity (3 people, 12.00%)
- Hypovitaminosis (1 people, 4.00%)
- Acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (1 people, 4.00%)
- Hiv test positive (1 people, 4.00%)
- Gastritis (1 people, 4.00%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Truvada (25 people, 100.00%)
- Norvir (25 people, 100.00%)
- Loratadine (20 people, 80.00%)
- Reyataz (19 people, 76.00%)
- Lamivudine (13 people, 52.00%)
- Kaletra (13 people, 52.00%)
- Metoclopramide (8 people, 32.00%)
- Abacavir (8 people, 32.00%)
- Epzicom (6 people, 24.00%)
- Nevirapine (5 people, 20.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who have Lip Swelling and Hiv infection
- group for people who have Hiv infection
- group for people who have Lip Swelling
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 weeks ago):
no painful urination, recent urine specimen revealed protein in urine (sign of infection?). I had a urinary tract infection, it was treated & resolved (to my knowledge). I don't drink alcohol, at all, or smoke. I do not take any OTC meds.
From this study (1 month ago):
I cant control my anger..I have severe mood swings and lash out at people.I know that I feel like everyone is against me and trying to mess with my head.i don't want to get out of bed and I have a hard time functioning doing daily tasks.I get different feelings when im around others such as anxiety,depression,feeling like everyone is against me
From this study (1 month ago):
For the past 1 1/2 - 2 years my lips will swell and go down, swell and go down. Nothing has seemed to bring this about and the spots where the swelling takes place seems to vary.
I recently read an article posted by BC Global News about the Nuva Ring and new side effects that should be reviewed by a physician, one being lip swelling. When reading this a light went off for me as I have been experiencing this for such a long time now. Not only is this annucense for me but I causes great discomfort.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Hiv infection, Lip swelling
More reviews for: Hiv infection, Lip swelling
Common treatments for Hiv Infection and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Hiv infection symptoms:
- Fever in Hiv infection (2,752 reports)
- Drug Exposure During Pregnancy in Hiv infection (2,694 reports)
- Stools - Watery in Hiv infection (1,903 reports)
- Anaemia in Hiv infection (1,737 reports)
- Nausea in Hiv infection (1,700 reports)
- Rashes in Hiv infection (1,692 reports)
- Stomach Upset in Hiv infection (1,625 reports)
- Immune Reconstitution Syndrome in Hiv infection (1,415 reports)
- Renal Failure Acute in Hiv infection (1,411 reports)
- Muscle Fatigue in Hiv infection (1,192 reports)
Lip Swelling related symptom studies:
Hiv Infection is also known as: HIV, HIV test, Hiv antibody positive, Human immunodeficiency virus infection.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.