Home > Hiv infection > Splenomegaly > Hiv infection and Splenomegaly
Review: could Hiv infection cause Splenomegaly?
We study 38,405 people who have Hiv infection from FDA and social media. Among them, 225 have Splenomegaly. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who have Hiv infection and Splenomegaly >>>
Hiv infection (latest reports from 42,151 patients) can be treated by Atripla, Truvada, Norvir, Kaletra, Reyataz, Isentress.
Splenomegaly (enlargement of spleen) (latest reports from 39,323 patients) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, hiv infection, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, hepatitis c.
On Oct, 25, 2014: 38,405 people who have hiv infection are studied. Among them, 225 (0.59%) have Splenomegaly.
Gender of people who have hiv infection and experienced Splenomegaly * :
Age of people who have hiv infection and experienced Splenomegaly * :
Severity of the symptom * :
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Depression (26 people, 11.56%)
- Substance abuse (23 people, 10.22%)
- Vomiting (22 people, 9.78%)
- Castleman's disease (19 people, 8.44%)
- Drug dependence (14 people, 6.22%)
- Chest pain (13 people, 5.78%)
- Abdominal pain upper (13 people, 5.78%)
- Candidiasis (12 people, 5.33%)
- Sickle cell anaemia (12 people, 5.33%)
- Prophylaxis (12 people, 5.33%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Lamivudine (225 people, 100.00%)
- Zidovudine (225 people, 100.00%)
- Didanosine (211 people, 93.78%)
- Stavudine (196 people, 87.11%)
- Nevirapine (190 people, 84.44%)
- Efavirenz (110 people, 48.89%)
- Combivir (93 people, 41.33%)
- Zerit (72 people, 32.00%)
- Abacavir (67 people, 29.78%)
- Epivir (67 people, 29.78%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hiv Infection and Splenomegaly?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Splenomegaly and Hiv infection
- support group for people who have Hiv infection
- support group for people who have Splenomegaly
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 weeks ago):
Upon reduction of jakafi dose due to low platelet count from 20 mg to 5 mg every 12 hours patient experienced extreme pain experienced low blood pressure and rapid heartbeat and with admission to emergency was treated for shock and then diagnosed with toxic shock syndrome and treated for that. The blood and urine tests however showed ant reason for infection after 5 days. He died 40 hours after reaching the hospital. Cytokine overreaction is my belief that brought on a septic shock like syndrome.
Ann Chris on Oct, 14, 2014:
I agree. This took place 16 months ago and was done as directed by the drug rep. Since that time much more has been made known about dosage. The patient was also started on the high dose where research shows now the dose should be started low and slowly worked up. My theory is the rapid decrease in the drug caused a cytokine reaction causing system shock.
Dave M. on Oct, 12, 2014:
Maybe patient should not have been on 20mg. Something else likely going on here with sudden reduction from 20mg to 5mg. Sudden reduction due to sudden drop in platelets. Slower dose reduction with transfusion if required would be in order.
From this study (3 weeks ago):
I cant control my anger..I have severe mood swings and lash out at people.I know that I feel like everyone is against me and trying to mess with my head.i don't want to get out of bed and I have a hard time functioning doing daily tasks.I get different feelings when im around others such as anxiety,depression,feeling like everyone is against me
Andrea on Oct, 2, 2014:
My bf is the same. I can't find a way to deal with it. I've tried to be nice, be comforting, be supportive but it seems that no matter what I do, i am wrong.
This is the second time he gets malaria.
From this study (1 month ago):
I am having severe hand wrist and right elbow pain Numbness tingling aching pain in joints. It wakes me from my sleep every 1-2 hours
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Hiv infection, Splenomegaly
More reviews for: Hiv infection, Splenomegaly
Common treatments for Hiv Infection and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Hiv infection symptoms:
- Elevated Temperature in Hiv infection (2,752 reports)
- Drug Exposure During Pregnancy in Hiv infection (2,694 reports)
- Loose Bowel Movements in Hiv infection (1,758 reports)
- Anaemia in Hiv infection (1,737 reports)
- Nausea in Hiv infection (1,701 reports)
- Rubor in Hiv infection (1,649 reports)
- Nausea And Vomiting in Hiv infection (1,625 reports)
- Immune Reconstitution Syndrome in Hiv infection (1,415 reports)
- Renal Failure Acute in Hiv infection (1,411 reports)
- Weakness in Hiv infection (1,175 reports)
Splenomegaly related symptom studies:
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Dry Eye
- Hashimoto\'s Thyroiditis
- Xarelto and Gynecomastia
- Crohn\'s Disease and Facial Palsy
Recent user comments
- "If dose missed one day or two... got extreme dizzines ... " (26 minutes ago)
- "Took both last night and woke up in the middle of nig ... " (2 hours ago)
- "While taking Acyclovir for 4 days notice my skin was ... " (5 hours ago)
- Exhaustion Fatigue Lethargy Tiredness Weariness
- Flucanazole In Sodium Chloride 0 9 In Plastic Container
- Nodule On Finger
- Guatemala Lemongrass