Home > Hiv infection > Splenomegaly > Hiv infection and Splenomegaly
Would you have Splenomegaly when you have Hiv infection?
Summary: Splenomegaly is found among people with Hiv infection, especially people who are male, 40-49 old, also have Depression, and take medication Lamivudine.
We study 225 people who have Splenomegaly and Hiv infection from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Hiv infection and Splenomegaly >>>
Hiv infection (latest reports from 42,196 patients) can be treated by Atripla, Truvada, Norvir, Prezista, Kaletra, Reyataz.
Splenomegaly (enlargement of spleen) (latest reports from 6,127 patients) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, hiv infection, high blood pressure, hepatitis c, multiple sclerosis.
On Nov, 25, 2014: 225 people who have hiv infection and Splenomegaly are studied.
Gender of people who have hiv infection and experienced Splenomegaly * :
Age of people who have hiv infection and experienced Splenomegaly * :
Severity of the symptom * :
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Depression (26 people, 11.56%)
- Substance abuse (23 people, 10.22%)
- Vomiting (22 people, 9.78%)
- Castleman's disease (19 people, 8.44%)
- Drug dependence (14 people, 6.22%)
- Chest pain (13 people, 5.78%)
- Abdominal pain upper (13 people, 5.78%)
- Candidiasis (12 people, 5.33%)
- Sickle cell anaemia (12 people, 5.33%)
- Prophylaxis (12 people, 5.33%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Lamivudine (225 people, 100.00%)
- Zidovudine (225 people, 100.00%)
- Didanosine (211 people, 93.78%)
- Stavudine (196 people, 87.11%)
- Nevirapine (190 people, 84.44%)
- Efavirenz (110 people, 48.89%)
- Combivir (93 people, 41.33%)
- Zerit (72 people, 32.00%)
- Abacavir (67 people, 29.78%)
- Epivir (67 people, 29.78%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hiv Infection and Splenomegaly?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Splenomegaly and Hiv infection
- support group for people who have Hiv infection
- support group for people who have Splenomegaly
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Hi am takin the once a day combi of tenefvr,lmvdn,efvrz but my skin gets noticeably darker,is this normal n what can i do to correct this? plz help coz its stopping me from takin my meds thanx,j
(Asked by a 25 year old woman who has Hiv)
common side effects of arvs among african women particularly the darkening of the skin plus how can i avoid wasting particularly around the buttocks. is there a skincare regime one can keep for a healthy complection?
- Can prolonged use of warfarin cause liver and spleen damage
(Asked by a 54 year old woman who has Enlarged Spleen, Cirrohosis Of The Liver, Fatiquie, Pain Under The Ribs, and takes Lorazepam, Allegra D 24 Hour, Tylenol)
I was on warfarin for ten years. they now found that I have cirrhosis of the liver my spleen is very enlarged can this all be caused by the prolonged use of the warfarin. Doctors giving me the run around but under my ribs is killing me and they just say take pain meds and go away
- I have been diagnosed with cll and now have very enlarged tonsils. my dr wants to put me on ofatumumab (arzerra) before having tonsils removed. have others had this treatment. and what is outcome?
(Asked by a 58 year old woman who has Enlarged Tonsils, Lymph Nodes - Swollen, Spleen Enlargement)
I have been diagnosed with CLL - an intermediate form - meaning not too severe but not so mild either. After a rash (unknown cause) treated with prednisone, followed by a sore throat, my tonsils remained enlarged to the point where I have had some difficulty swallowing. A biopsy showed that the ...
- Can u take both efavirenz and raltegravir everyday for hiv infection?
(Asked by a 55 year old man who has Hiv Infection, and takes Efavirenz; Emtricitabine; Tenofovir Disoproxil Fumarate)
i am wondering how good is to reduce viral load and increase cd4 count if the hiv patient swallows or intakes a pill of efavirenz and a pill of raltegravir everyday? This is something i havent found any information in many hiv data pages i have checked. Does anybody know if this combo of Efavirenz + ...
- I get hiccups from magace. can i lower dosage to one teaspoon per day instead of two?
(Asked by a 67 year old man who has HIV)
I am losing weight. I want to try magace to gain. But, after a few days I start to get hiccups that are unrelenting. I am taking 2 teaspoons per day. Could I drop that to 1 teaspoon per day? The dosage is 40mg.
More questions for: Hiv infection, Splenomegaly
More reviews for: Hiv infection, Splenomegaly
- A study of drug interactions between Vidaza, Jakafi for a patient with Myelofibrosis. The patient has Shock, Side Pain, Device Inversion, Bone And Joint Pain, Enlarged Spleen, Blood Count
Comments: Upon reduction of jakafi dose due to low platelet count from 20 mg to 5 mg every 12 hours patient experienced extreme pain experienced low blood pressure and rapid heartbeat and with admission to emergency was treated for shock and then diagnosed with toxic shock syndrome and treated for that. The b ...
- A study of side effects of Atripla for a patient with HIV. The patient has Flank Pain (a distressing sensation experienced around the lower back and the upper abdomen)
Comments: no painful urination, recent urine specimen revealed protein in urine (sign of infection?). I had a urinary tract infection, it was treated & resolved (to my knowledge). I don't drink alcohol, at all, or smoke. I do not take any OTC meds.
- A study of side effects of Warfarin Sodium for a patient with Blood Disorder. The patient has Fatty Liver, Enlarged Spleen (enlargement of spleen)
Comments: Ive been taking warfarin for 7 years now.I have to be on it for my lifetime because Im at high risk for blood clots, pe, heartattack and stroke without taking warfarin.I also have to take it due to previous blood clots and previous PE.Also, because I have mthfr gene mutation, factor V Leiden and pro ...
- A study of drug interactions between Klonopin, Sertraline, Abilify, Truvada, Prezista for a patient with Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood, Depression, Major Depression, Hiv. The patient has Anger, Depression, Forgetfulness, Rapid Heart Beat, Dizziness, Mood Swings, Diarrhea
Comments: I cant control my anger..I have severe mood swings and lash out at people.I know that I feel like everyone is against me and trying to mess with my head.i don't want to get out of bed and I have a hard time functioning doing daily tasks.I get different feelings when im around others such as anxiety, ...
- A study of side effects of Prednisone for a patient with COPD. The patient has Spleen Enlargement (enlargement of spleen)
Comments: I have 10years COPD found after pregnancy suspected sarcoidosis, but never confirmed with bronchoscopia, ACE level normal, during last year my spleen enlaged on 13cm, MPV is also increased on 11,my dorther had worms (the most comon kind what children have) before 10 monaths
More related studies for: Hiv infection, Splenomegaly
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.