Would you have Splenomegaly when you have Hiv infection?
Summary: Splenomegaly is found among people with Hiv infection, especially people who are male, 40-49 old, also have Depression, and take medication Lamivudine.
We study 225 people who have Splenomegaly and Hiv infection from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Hiv infection and Splenomegaly >>>
Hiv infection can be treated by Atripla, Norvir, Truvada, Isentress, Prezista, Kaletra. (latest reports from Hiv Infection 42,196 patients)
Splenomegaly (enlargement of spleen) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, hiv infection, high blood pressure, hepatitis c, multiple sclerosis.(latest reports from Splenomegaly 6,127 patients)
On Nov, 25, 2014: 225 people who have hiv infection and Splenomegaly are studied.
Gender of people who have hiv infection and experienced Splenomegaly * :
Age of people who have hiv infection and experienced Splenomegaly * :
Severity of the symptom * :
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Depression (26 people, 11.56%)
- Substance abuse (23 people, 10.22%)
- Vomiting (22 people, 9.78%)
- Castleman's disease (19 people, 8.44%)
- Drug dependence (14 people, 6.22%)
- Chest pain (13 people, 5.78%)
- Abdominal pain upper (13 people, 5.78%)
- Candidiasis (12 people, 5.33%)
- Sickle cell anaemia (12 people, 5.33%)
- Prophylaxis (12 people, 5.33%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Lamivudine (225 people, 100.00%)
- Zidovudine (225 people, 100.00%)
- Didanosine (211 people, 93.78%)
- Stavudine (196 people, 87.11%)
- Nevirapine (190 people, 84.44%)
- Efavirenz (110 people, 48.89%)
- Combivir (93 people, 41.33%)
- Zerit (72 people, 32.00%)
- Abacavir (67 people, 29.78%)
- Epivir (67 people, 29.78%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hiv Infection and Splenomegaly?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Splenomegaly and Hiv infection
- support group for people who have Hiv infection
- support group for people who have Splenomegaly
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Hi am takin the once a day combi of tenefvr,lmvdn,efvrz but my skin gets noticeably darker,is this normal n what can i do to correct this? plz help coz its stopping me from takin my meds thanx,j
common side effects of arvs among african women particularly the darkening of the skin plus how can i avoid wasting particularly around the buttocks. is there a skincare regime one can keep for a healthy complection?
- Can prolonged use of warfarin cause liver and spleen damage (1 answer)
I was on warfarin for ten years. they now found that I have cirrhosis of the liver my spleen is very enlarged can this all be caused by the prolonged use of the warfarin. Doctors giving me the run around but under my ribs is killing me and they just say take pain meds and go away
- I have been diagnosed with cll and now have very enlarged tonsils. my dr wants to put me on ofatumumab (arzerra) before having tonsils removed. have others had this treatment. and what is outcome?
I have been diagnosed with CLL - an intermediate form - meaning not too severe but not so mild either. After a rash (unknown cause) treated with prednisone, followed by a sore throat, my tonsils remained enlarged to the point where I have had some difficulty swallowing. A biopsy showed that the tonsils are expressing CLL, which means the enlargement is caused by CLL and not an infection. My hematologist recommends treatment with Ofatumumab (brand name arzerra) to shrink the tonsils and then I would have an ENT remove them. The hematologist thinks that just taking predisone for a longer period of time would not fully shrink them, or if it did work, I would likely get a recurrence, so recommends this mild CLL treatment. Have others had a similar situation, and if so, what drugs were used to shrink the tonsils? Thanks in advance.
- Can u take both efavirenz and raltegravir everyday for hiv infection?
i am wondering how good is to reduce viral load and increase cd4 count if the hiv patient swallows or intakes a pill of efavirenz and a pill of raltegravir everyday? This is something i havent found any information in many hiv data pages i have checked. Does anybody know if this combo of Efavirenz + Raltegravir is any good?
- I get hiccups from magace. can i lower dosage to one teaspoon per day instead of two?
I am losing weight. I want to try magace to gain. But, after a few days I start to get hiccups that are unrelenting. I am taking 2 teaspoons per day. Could I drop that to 1 teaspoon per day? The dosage is 40mg.
More questions for: Hiv infection, Splenomegaly
More reviews for: Hiv infection, Splenomegaly
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.