Hiv infection and Splenomegaly - from FDA reports
Splenomegaly is found among people with Hiv infection, especially for people who are male, 40-49 old, take medication Lamivudine and have Preventive health care. This review analyzes which people have Splenomegaly with Hiv infection. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 271 people who have Hiv infection from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 18, 2017
271 people who have Hiv Infection and Splenomegaly are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Hiv Infection and experience Splenomegaly *:
- female: 26.04 %
- male: 73.96 %
Age of people who have Hiv Infection and experience Splenomegaly *:
- 0-1: 1.36 %
- 2-9: 10.41 %
- 10-19: 4.52 %
- 20-29: 11.76 %
- 30-39: 22.62 %
- 40-49: 37.56 %
- 50-59: 7.69 %
- 60+: 4.07 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- Preventive Health Care (10 people, 3.69%)
- Drug Abuse (9 people, 3.32%)
- Pain (7 people, 2.58%)
- Diabetes (7 people, 2.58%)
- Depression (7 people, 2.58%)
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Lamivudine (74 people, 27.31%)
- Zidovudine (59 people, 21.77%)
- Didanosine (50 people, 18.45%)
- Stavudine (42 people, 15.50%)
- Nevirapine (38 people, 14.02%)
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Hepatomegaly (87 people, 32.10%)
- Fever (45 people, 16.61%)
- Portal Hypertension (42 people, 15.50%)
- Ascites (42 people, 15.50%)
- Abdominal Pain (35 people, 12.92%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Splenomegaly and Hiv infection?
- Check symptoms - is your splenomegaly caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeSplenomegaly and Hiv infection from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Hiv infection can be treated by Atripla, Truvada, Norvir, Reyataz, Isentress (latest reports from 63,926 Hiv infection patients)
Splenomegaly (enlargement of spleen) has been reported by people with primary myelofibrosis, rheumatoid arthritis, chronic myeloid leukaemia, hiv infection, high blood pressure (latest reports from 9,022 Splenomegaly patients).
Browse all symptoms of Hiv infectiona b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Could your drugs cause SplenomegalySplenomegaly
Other conditions that could case SplenomegalySplenomegaly
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
I've been on ARVs for 9years and diagnosed w TN sept 15 and had no relief from gabapentin and pregabalin but have had some relief from baclofen but needing high dose (70mg) and knocked out by side effects. Anybody else got experience? Any uk doctors w experience of managing both conditions that ...
I began treatment 6 months after infection, in July'15 my VL was 2800 and CV4=780. Now VL is untraceable, CD4 1080; I have hematuria since 5 years now, after a prostata resection, my prostata is grown big again 115gr, my PSA 11,8, (it was 22,8 before the OP). The hematuria is due to a capillary ...
You may be interested in these reviews
3 week in to my medication I started drooling excessively. I would wake up with my pillow wet like someone poured water while I was asleep. It is so excessive that if I put a towel to cover my pillow it can drip water when I squeeze it. Please advise, as I have now changed my meds ( teno/ ...
After taking Gabapentin, I have enlarged spleen and enlarged gall bladder. I titrated down & have been totally off Gabapentin for 1 1/2 months. Spleen is more in pain from being enlarged. Constant burning & itching everywhere on body. Epson salts baths do not help. Have these systems gone away ...