Review: could Hypertension cause Petechiae (Bleeding into the skin)?
We study 209,179 people who have Hypertension from FDA and social media. Among them, 217 have Petechiae (Bleeding into the skin). Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Get a free personalized report of your drugs: we study for you 352 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. Start to use eHealthMe >>>
Hypertension (high blood pressure) (latest reports from 1,143,198 patients) can be treated by Lisinopril, Hydrochlorothiazide, Atenolol, Amlodipine Besylate, Diovan, Metoprolol Tartrate.
Petechiae (a small red or purple spot caused by bleeding into the skin) (latest reports from 35,077 patients) has been reported by people with idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, depression, multiple myeloma.
On Sep, 12, 2014: 209,116 people who have hypertension are studied. Among them, 217 (0.10%) have Petechiae.
Gender of people who have hypertension and experienced Petechiae * :
Age of people who have hypertension and experienced Petechiae * :
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Atrial fibrillation (35 people, 16.13%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (33 people, 15.21%)
- Depression (25 people, 11.52%)
- Hypercholesterolaemia (20 people, 9.22%)
- Hyperuricaemia (18 people, 8.29%)
- Prophylaxis (17 people, 7.83%)
- Diabetes mellitus (16 people, 7.37%)
- Pituitary tumour benign (14 people, 6.45%)
- Renal failure (14 people, 6.45%)
- Pain (13 people, 5.99%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Lisinopril (40 people, 18.43%)
- Diovan (34 people, 15.67%)
- Aspirin (30 people, 13.82%)
- Prednisolone (28 people, 12.90%)
- Omeprazole (25 people, 11.52%)
- Indapamide (23 people, 10.60%)
- Enalapril maleate (23 people, 10.60%)
- Carvedilol (23 people, 10.60%)
- Simvastatin (21 people, 9.68%)
- Norvasc (20 people, 9.22%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hypertension and Petechiae?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who have Petechiae and Hypertension
- group for people who have Hypertension
- group for people who have Petechiae
Comments from related studies:
From this study (8 months ago):
I started taking lyrica on a Thursday and by Saturday, I had one red spot on my right wrist and on Tuesday morning discovered another red spot on the back of my hand.
From this study (9 months ago):
Several more side effects, but unable to recall all of them.
From this study (9 months ago):
Several side effects, but unable to recall all of them.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Hypertension, Petechiae
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Losartan cause deep vein thrombosis
have had two knee surgeries ,a lumbar decompression, after this three surgeries start taken Losartan potassium and two months later have had a lumbar fusion after this I suffered a Deep Vein Thrombosis, continues taken Losartan for more of year and half, I notice is a bad combination when my ...
- Taste loss while taking lisinopril
I have severe loss of taste and appetite since starting lisinopril . I was unsure what the cause was until finding your site. My physician did not know what was causing it and did not even try to find out. In fact she doubled the dose I was taking .
- Petechiae after taking plant sterols
after taking plant sterols for five years i switched brands,withinn a few days i developed minute petechiae on my lower legs and especially behind my knees and inner thighs. My legs were also swelling and feeling tight.
i stopped taking the sterols and after a week the petechiae disappeared along w ...
More reviews for: Hypertension, Petechiae
Common treatments for Hypertension and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Hypertension symptoms:
- Lightheadedness - Dizzy in Hypertension (12,386 reports)
- Difficulty In Breathing in Hypertension (10,446 reports)
- Nausea in Hypertension (10,128 reports)
- Exhaustion in Hypertension (9,418 reports)
- Weakness in Hypertension (8,996 reports)
- Drug Ineffective in Hypertension (8,955 reports)
- Blood Pressure Decreased in Hypertension (8,388 reports)
- Headache in Hypertension (8,359 reports)
- Loose Bowel Movements in Hypertension (7,880 reports)
- Skin Redness Or Inflammation in Hypertension (7,018 reports)
Petechiae related symptom studies:
Hypertension is also known as: Blood pressure, Blood pressure - high, Blood pressure increased, HBP, HTN, High blood pressure.
Petechiae is also known as: Bleeding into the skin, Ecchymoses, Pinpoint red spots on the skin, Skin spots - red.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.