Home > Hypertension > Petechiae > Hypertension and Petechiae
Review: could Hypertension cause Petechiae (Bleeding into the skin)?
We study 209,517 people who have Hypertension from FDA and social media. Among them, 217 have Petechiae (Bleeding into the skin). Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who have Hypertension and Petechiae >>>
Hypertension (high blood pressure) (latest reports from 1,143,390 patients) can be treated by Lisinopril, Atenolol, Amlodipine Besylate, Metoprolol Tartrate, Norvasc, Diovan.
Petechiae (a small red or purple spot caused by bleeding into the skin) (latest reports from 35,182 patients) has been reported by people with idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, depression, multiple myeloma.
On Oct, 28, 2014: 209,517 people who have hypertension are studied. Among them, 217 (0.10%) have Petechiae.
Gender of people who have hypertension and experienced Petechiae * :
Age of people who have hypertension and experienced Petechiae * :
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Atrial fibrillation (35 people, 16.13%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (33 people, 15.21%)
- Depression (25 people, 11.52%)
- Hypercholesterolaemia (20 people, 9.22%)
- Hyperuricaemia (18 people, 8.29%)
- Prophylaxis (17 people, 7.83%)
- Diabetes mellitus (16 people, 7.37%)
- Pituitary tumour benign (14 people, 6.45%)
- Renal failure (14 people, 6.45%)
- Pain (13 people, 5.99%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Lisinopril (40 people, 18.43%)
- Diovan (34 people, 15.67%)
- Aspirin (30 people, 13.82%)
- Prednisolone (28 people, 12.90%)
- Omeprazole (25 people, 11.52%)
- Indapamide (23 people, 10.60%)
- Enalapril maleate (23 people, 10.60%)
- Carvedilol (23 people, 10.60%)
- Simvastatin (21 people, 9.68%)
- Norvasc (20 people, 9.22%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hypertension and Petechiae?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Petechiae and Hypertension
- support group for people who have Hypertension
- support group for people who have Petechiae
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Hypertension, Petechiae
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Victoza and liver cancer (cholangiocarcinoma)
My husband was recently diagnosed with stage 4 liver cancer after taking Victoza for several years. The doctor discontinued the Victoza when the cancer was diagnosed but he actually started feeling better after he stopped it until the cancer started progressing. Since cholangiocarcinoma nd pancreati ...
- Had nms in 2005, will trileptal increase chance of recurrence?
In 2005 I had NMS, which was not detected by my drs for 4 months. I'd been on Lexapro & Seroquel for 2 yrs, but was weaned from Lexapro & placed on Lamictal 3/05. Began getting low-grade fevers, which I was told were not caused by the Lamictal. I quit taking it anyway, fevers (along with uncontrolla ...
- Losartan potassium headaches
I avoided going to the doctor for years and decided it was time to bite the bullet. The bullet bit back. High Blood pressure and cholesterol. Doc prescribed me 100mg Losartan Potassium right out of the gate. At 33 years old, this concerns me. I've been on it for about a week and have had a cons ...
More reviews for: Hypertension, Petechiae
Common treatments for Hypertension and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Hypertension symptoms:
- Dizziness in Hypertension (12,402 reports)
- Dyspnea in Hypertension (10,454 reports)
- Nausea in Hypertension (10,134 reports)
- Weariness in Hypertension (9,433 reports)
- Muscle Weakness in Hypertension (9,008 reports)
- Not Effective in Hypertension (8,955 reports)
- Blood Pressure Decreased in Hypertension (8,553 reports)
- Headaches in Hypertension (8,435 reports)
- Diarrhea in Hypertension (7,888 reports)
- Skin Lesion in Hypertension (7,115 reports)
Petechiae related symptom studies:
Recent related drug studies on eHealthMe:
- A study of drug interactions between Calcium, Centrum Silver, Hydrochlorothiazide, Diltiazem Hydrochloride for a patient with Menopause, Vitamin Supplementation, Hypertension. The patient has Photosensitivity Reaction, Petechiae
- A study of drug interactions between Hydrochlorothiazide, Prilosec, Benadryl for a patient with High Blood Pressure, Acid Reflux, Allergies. The patient has Petechiae
- A study of drug interactions between Tagamet Hb 200, Olive Leaf, Norvasc for a patient with Acid Reflux, Immunity, Hypertension. The patient has Lymph Nodes - Swollen, Petechiae, Oral Herpes, Swollen Eyelid, Herpes - Genital, Pharyngeal Inflammation
More related studies for: Hypertension, Petechiae
Recent Hypertension related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Hypertension, Petechiae
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Lansoprazole for a 33-year old woman who has Stomach Pain (46 minutes ago)
- Bactrim Ds, Sprintec for a 22-year old woman who has Urinary Tract Infection, Pregnancy (46 minutes ago)
- Vyvanse, Vistaril, Seroquel Xr, Trileptal for a 17-year old girl who has ADHD, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Bipolar, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Interstitial Cystitis (ic)
- Clopidogrel Bisulfate and Peripheral Neuropathy
- Mucinex and Double Vision
- Chest Pain
Recent user comments
- "My ears were bothering me last week and were clogged ... " (2 hours ago)
- "Had clogged ears with ear wax this week. Got them cle ... " (3 hours ago)
- "My son also has epilepsy. His seisures are always un ... " (4 hours ago)
- Zinc Sulphate Turbidity Decreased
- Retroperitoneal Fibrosis