Would you have Ringing in the ears (Tinnitus) when you have Hypertension?
Summary: Ringing in the ears is found among people with Hypertension, especially people who are female, 60+ old, also have Blood cholesterol increased, and take medication Lisinopril.
We study 1,058 people who have Ringing in the ears (Tinnitus) and Hypertension from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Hypertension and Ringing in the ears >>>
Hypertension (high blood pressure) can be treated by Lisinopril, Atenolol, Amlodipine Besylate, Norvasc, Hydrochlorothiazide, Diovan. (latest reports from Hypertension 327,932 patients)
Ringing in the ears
Ringing in the ears (a ringing in the ears) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, stress and anxiety.(latest reports from Ringing in the ears 19,199 patients)
On Nov, 28, 2014: 1,039 people who have hypertension and Ringing In The Ears are studied.
Gender of people who have hypertension and experienced Ringing in the ears * :
|Ringing in the ears||57.71%||42.29% |
Age of people who have hypertension and experienced Ringing in the ears * :
|Ringing in the ears||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.44%||1.06%||11.13%||23.06%||64.31% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Ringing in the ears||4.37%||53.40%||39.32%||2.91% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Blood cholesterol increased (114 people, 10.97%)
- Depression (94 people, 9.05%)
- Diabetes mellitus (90 people, 8.66%)
- High blood pressure (90 people, 8.66%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (70 people, 6.74%)
- Pain (69 people, 6.64%)
- Osteoporosis (68 people, 6.54%)
- Anxiety (59 people, 5.68%)
- Blood pressure increased (52 people, 5.00%)
- Hypothyroidism (49 people, 4.72%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Lisinopril (172 people, 16.55%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (161 people, 15.50%)
- Aspirin (151 people, 14.53%)
- Lipitor (140 people, 13.47%)
- Toprol-xl (116 people, 11.16%)
- Norvasc (111 people, 10.68%)
- Diovan (103 people, 9.91%)
- Simvastatin (97 people, 9.34%)
- Amlodipine (90 people, 8.66%)
- Xanax (85 people, 8.18%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hypertension and Ringing In The Ears?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Ringing In The Ears and Hypertension
- support group for people who have Hypertension
- support group for people who have Ringing In The Ears
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I have ringing in the ears. is there anyway of getting rid of it?
(Asked by a 61 year old woman who has Tinnitus, and takes Aspirin, Norgesic Forte)
I feel this tinnitus was induced from my taking the norgesic forte, that I no longer take for tension headaches. But I do take over the counter aspirin. Can the tinnitus ever go away?
- Plendil and pad interaction with arteries
(Asked by a 61 year old man who has High Blood Pressure, PAD, and takes Lisinopril, Plendil)
I'm currently taking 10 MG of Plendil with 20MG of Lisinopril. I've developed PAD a couple of years ago. I used to take 40MG of Lisinopril but since retiring my blood pressure had calmed down. My doctor reduced my Lisinopril to 20MG and kept the Plendil at 10MG. I was wondering is I should go back t ...
- Can i take a cold medicing while taking metoprolol succinate er 25mg (2 answers)
(Asked by a 66 year old man who has High Blood Pressure, and takes Metoprolol Succinate)
Just want to know if can I take a cold medicine while Metoprolol Succinate ER 25mg
- Nimotop for curing tinnitus?
(Asked by a 56 year old man who has Tinnitus, and takes Nimotop)
i have tinnitus and the doctor is giving me nimotop 30 mg is this good?
- Can this medication cause the ears to ring?
(Asked by a 57 year old man who has Ringing In The Ears, and takes Protonix)
I developed tinnitus about one year ago. I understand that there is no cure for it. I'm researching it myself. I'm also in a research program that requires me to wear small ear generators. It doesn't seem to help at this time.
More questions for: Hypertension, Ringing in the ears
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Bloody semen after taking amlodipine besylate
(Posted by a 50 year old man who has Liver Fatty, Hypertension, and takes Amlodipine Besylate)
Was started on Amlodipine Besylate 11-13-14. Now -not quite three weeks later- I have bloody semen (Hematospermia)ranging from light pink to dark red. It was fine, and normal before. I feel it is the medication causing this.
- Ringing in the ears from linzess
(Posted by a 23 year old woman who has Ringing In The Ears, and takes Linzess)
I started Linzess about a month ago, taking it about every three days. It was my miracle pill, until recently when I started having ringing in my ears. I am stopping the medication in hopes that the ringing will subside.
- Amlo dipine and terazosin
(Posted by a 66 year old man who has High Blood Pressure, BPH, and takes Terazosin Hydrochloride, Amlodipine Besylate)
I have taken combination since 04/13 I have experienced ED lower testosterone and elevated PSA. Prior to that I was taking terazosin and hydrochorizide without any side effects. I stop taking the amlodipine during a juice fast and my PSA levels decreased when I stopped fasting and returned to taking ...
- Side effects of using terazosin
(Posted by a 64 year old woman who has Ringing In The Ears, and takes Terazosin Hydrochloride)
I have been on terazosin for 9 days. The ringing in my ears is unbearable, dizzy in the night if I wake up to use the bathroom, intermittent throbbing heartbeat. Also very significant is dramatic decrease in libido and difficulty achieving satisfaction. Dose started at 5 mg at night, reduced to 2 ...
- Victoza and liver cancer (cholangiocarcinoma)
(Posted by a 59 year old man who has Anaemia Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Sleep Apnea, Hypertension, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Cholangiocarcinoma (liver Cancer), and takes Diovan, Atenolol, Metformin, Victoza)
My husband was recently diagnosed with stage 4 liver cancer after taking Victoza for several years. The doctor discontinued the Victoza when the cancer was diagnosed but he actually started feeling better after he stopped it until the cancer started progressing. Since cholangiocarcinoma nd pancreati ...
More reviews for: Hypertension, Ringing in the ears
- A study of drug interactions between Robaxin-750, Neurontin, Clonidine for a patient with Muscle Tightness, Fibromyalgia, Hypertension. The patient has Loss Of Balance, Myoclonic Jerks
Comments: Hands have myoclonic jerks. Then I noticed that my shoulders and fingers were twitching/jerking . Anytime I hold something or try to type, for example, the myoclonus jerks gets really bad. This morning it's bad. Up to this point, it has taken me almost an hour to type this.
- A study of side effects of Micardis for a patient with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Angioedema (rapid swelling of the dermis)
Comments: I started taking Micardis (telesmartin) in 2008, in 2009 I started going through menopause with numberous hot flashes throughout the day. I began noticing suttle differences in my face, my nose started getting wider and my eyelids started getting droopy. I also started gaining weight. I quit smoking ...
- A study of side effects of Ramipril for a patient with Hypertension. The patient has Heart Palpitations (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing)
Comments: I have been having these palpitations for this phase since August 2014 although I have had them before, whilst on Ramipril. Had an ECG and other than I have been diagnosed with ectopic heartbeats the heart looks healthy enough, yet I am getting severe palpitations daily, to the point they do put me ...
- A study of drug interactions between Loperamide Hydrochloride, Ranitidine, Omeprazole, Bisoprolol Fumarate, Losartan Potassium, Co-codamol for a patient with Coeliac Diarrohea, Not Sure, Don't Know, High Blood Pressure, Arthritis - Osteoarthritis. The patient has Stomach Pain
Comments: I have osteoarthritis and am coeliac. I follow a gluten free diet. Recently I have developed severe stomach pain which comes on about 1 - 2 hours after eating. Ant acids and over the counter medicine such as Gaviscon don't seem to help. It goes away gradually on its own but the occasions are get ...
- A study of side effects of Lisinopril for a patient with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Hair Loss
Comments: Had bouts of insomnia, digesting certain foods, I dealt with all of this including the hair loss.. Which I am grateful didn't last longer then two months( my hair was just falling out in clumps during that time)..my concerns now are the styes that I have been getting over the course of the past two ...
More related studies for: Hypertension, Ringing in the ears
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.