Home > Hyperthyroidism > Proteinuria > Hyperthyroidism and Proteinuria
Review: could Hyperthyroidism cause Proteinuria (Protein - urine)?
We study 2,768 people who have Hyperthyroidism from FDA and social media. Among them, 6 have Proteinuria (Protein - urine). Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who have Hyperthyroidism and Proteinuria >>>
Hyperthyroidism (over activity of the thyroid gland) (latest reports from 30,979 patients) can be treated by Levothyroxine Sodium, Synthroid, Methimazole, Tapazole, Propylthiouracil, Levothyroxine Thyroid.
Proteinuria (presence of protein in the urine) (latest reports from 45,385 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, kidney transplant, hiv infection, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple myeloma.
On Sep, 17, 2014: 2,756 people who have hyperthyroidism are studied. Among them, 6 (0.22%) have Proteinuria.
Gender of people who have hyperthyroidism and experienced Proteinuria * :
Age of people who have hyperthyroidism and experienced Proteinuria * :
Severity of the symptom * :
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Hyperlipidaemia (2 people, 33.33%)
- Hypertension (2 people, 33.33%)
- Diabetes mellitus (2 people, 33.33%)
- Multiple sclerosis (2 people, 33.33%)
- Transplant rejection (1 people, 16.67%)
- Bk virus infection (1 people, 16.67%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Propylthiouracil (3 people, 50.00%)
- Cozaar (2 people, 33.33%)
- Rocaltrol (2 people, 33.33%)
- Atorvastatin calcium (2 people, 33.33%)
- Novorapid (2 people, 33.33%)
- Levemir (2 people, 33.33%)
- Prednisolone (1 people, 16.67%)
- Cyclosporine (1 people, 16.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hyperthyroidism and Proteinuria?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who have Proteinuria and Hyperthyroidism
- group for people who have Hyperthyroidism
- group for people who have Proteinuria
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 hours ago):
HAIRLOSS BEGAN AFTER 4 MONTHS ON TREATMENT FOR HYPERTHYROIDISM, EVEN THOUGH HYPERTHYROIDISM WAS UNDER CONTROL (NORMAL LEVELS) STILL HAIR LOSS,IT HAS BEEN 10 MONTHS OF HAIR LOSS AND IN THE MEANTIME ALSO GOT TINEA CAPITIS WHICH WAS TREATED
From this study (2 weeks ago):
I have recently been diagnosed with an underactive Thyroid and been taking the tablets just over a week. Since taking the tablets I have had a sore on my face (looks a bit like cold sore) and a gum boil behind my lower teeth. Can this be caused by the tablets I am taking or just simply because of the underactive thyroid itself
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Hyperthyroidism, Proteinuria
More reviews for: Hyperthyroidism, Proteinuria
Common treatments for Hyperthyroidism and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Hyperthyroidism symptoms:
Proteinuria related symptom studies:
Hyperthyroidism is also known as: Hyperthyroid, Overactive thyroid, Thyrotoxicosis.
Proteinuria is also known as: Albumin - urine, Albuminuria, Protein - urine, Urine albumin, Urine protein.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Memantine, Advair Diskus 100/50, Donepezil, Amlodipine for a 93-year old woman who has Inflammation Localised, Anxiety Disorder, Alzheimers, Asthma, Alzheimer's Disease, Blood Pressure Increased (22 minutes ago)
- Celexa for a 20-year old woman who has Chronic Depression (1 hour ago)
- Prozac for a 25-year old woman who has Depression (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Prozac and Brittle Nails
- Raspberry Ketone and Diverticulitis
- Blister and Gabapentin
- Urinary Tract Infection and Micardis
Recent user comments
- "I feel as if I have a lump in my throat, as if someth ... " (4 hours ago)
- "Took Nexium for one week. After four days started bre ... " (6 hours ago)
- "he was fine till he took prednizone 10 days died the ... " (7 hours ago)
- Swallowing Difficulty
- Renal Failure Acute