Hyperthyroidism and Proteinuria - from FDA reports
Proteinuria is found among people with Hyperthyroidism, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old, take medication Propylthiouracil and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Proteinuria with Hyperthyroidism. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 10 people who have Hyperthyroidism from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 29, 2017
10 people who have Hyperthyroidism and Proteinuria are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Hyperthyroidism and experience Proteinuria *:
- female: 40 %
- male: 60 %
Age of people who have Hyperthyroidism and experience Proteinuria *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 10 %
- 40-49: 20 %
- 50-59: 50 %
- 60+: 20 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (4 people, 40.00%)
- Multiple Sclerosis (2 people, 20.00%)
- Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma (2 people, 20.00%)
- Hyperlipidaemia (2 people, 20.00%)
- Diabetes (2 people, 20.00%)
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Propylthiouracil (4 people, 40.00%)
- Rocaltrol (2 people, 20.00%)
- Novorapid (2 people, 20.00%)
- Levemir (2 people, 20.00%)
- Amlodipine (2 people, 20.00%)
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Nephrotic Syndrome (4 people, 40.00%)
- Thrombocytopenia (3 people, 30.00%)
- Leukopenia (3 people, 30.00%)
- High Blood Pressure (3 people, 30.00%)
- Fatigue (3 people, 30.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Proteinuria and Hyperthyroidism?
- Check symptoms - is your proteinuria caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeProteinuria and Hyperthyroidism from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Hyperthyroidism (over activity of the thyroid gland) can be treated by Levothyroxine sodium, Synthroid, Methimazole, Tapazole, Propylthiouracil (latest reports from 12,439 Hyperthyroidism patients)
Proteinuria (presence of protein in the urine) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, kidney transplant, hiv infection, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple myeloma (latest reports from 10,833 Proteinuria patients).
Browse all symptoms of Hyperthyroidisma b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Could your drugs cause ProteinuriaProteinuria
Other conditions that could case ProteinuriaProteinuria
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
Female aged 67 taking 100mcg levothyroxine daily for underactive thyroid plus daily aspirin for 4years. Recently prescribed formoterol fumarate inhaler (6 months ago) then Spiriva inhaler plus 40mg omeprazole a week ago. I booked a thyroid test 3 weeks ago because my under active symptoms ...
Upon being diagnosed with hyperthyroidism and prescribed Methimazole. I am now experiencing (what seems to be) a urinary tract infection. Trying to get in to see another doctor. Is this normal with taking Methimazole? I am a breast cancer survivor and it seems as if these recent meds that I ...
I was prescribed pantoprazole recently and I started taking it along with levothyroxine 30 minutes before eating or taking anything else. I have noticed that I am very sleepy and can sleep for most of the day and not have enough. Is it possible that the pantoprazole has made the ...
You may be interested in these reviews
37 y.o. and 10m on Concerta XL. Thyroid problems as a child. Pseudogout symptoms have began 2 months with hot knees, thumbs and index fingers. Feel absolutely awful now. Have just realised that been drinking milk by a gallon each day, mainly to calm constant heartburn ... Textbook ...
Just diagnosed with hyperthyroidism after extensive investigations into why I developed dystharia and muscle weakness in muscles that control speech. Trying to understand what the underlying cause may be.
Have been taking effexor xr for 15 years. now I have hyperthyroidism. my tsh is at 0.01 (pretty much 0) and T4 19,1 which is high but it is my tsh that is the worst. trying to get offexor is almost impossible unless i find another AD to slowly replace it.