Review: could Hyperthyroidism cause Uti (Urinary tract infection)?
We study 2,771 people who have Hyperthyroidism from FDA and social media. Among them, 31 have Uti (Urinary tract infection). Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who have Hyperthyroidism and Uti >>>
Hyperthyroidism (over activity of the thyroid gland) (latest reports from 30,985 patients) can be treated by Levothyroxine Sodium, Synthroid, Methimazole, Tapazole, Propylthiouracil, Levothyroxine Thyroid.
Uti (urinary tract infection) (latest reports from 449,890 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, pain.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 2,771 people who have hyperthyroidism are studied. Among them, 31 (1.12%) have Uti.
Gender of people who have hyperthyroidism and experienced Uti * :
Age of people who have hyperthyroidism and experienced Uti * :
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Hypertension (16 people, 51.61%)
- Pneumonia (4 people, 12.90%)
- Insomnia (4 people, 12.90%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (4 people, 12.90%)
- Pain (3 people, 9.68%)
- Pyonephrosis (2 people, 6.45%)
- Hypokalaemia (2 people, 6.45%)
- Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (2 people, 6.45%)
- Pyrexia (2 people, 6.45%)
- Diabetes mellitus (2 people, 6.45%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Synthroid (14 people, 45.16%)
- Vioxx (8 people, 25.81%)
- Provera (7 people, 22.58%)
- Gentamicin (6 people, 19.35%)
- Avelox (4 people, 12.90%)
- Augmentin '125' (4 people, 12.90%)
- Cefpodoxime proxetil (4 people, 12.90%)
- Invanz (4 people, 12.90%)
- Toprol-xl (4 people, 12.90%)
- Zyrtec (4 people, 12.90%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hyperthyroidism and Uti?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Uti and Hyperthyroidism
- support group for people who have Hyperthyroidism
- support group for people who have Uti
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Warfarin and urinary infections
HELP! Hello we are in the UK - my husband had an aortic valve replacement 4 years ago - he is now 61 and on warfarin. Over the past few years, since his AVR, he has had about 4/5 urinary infections which have caused him to be hospitalised with very high temperature/rigors etc. The medical profess ...
- Can aphanizomenon flos-aquae + spirulina + chollera help overactive thyroid?
can aphanizomenon flos-aquae + spirulina + chollera help Overactive thyroid? i got 14 year female that have Overactive thyroid and easy to get tired.
If her condition tired she got alot of pimple and very weak.
I got aphanizomenon flos-aquae + spirulina + chollera to helping her. but not sure if t ...
- Can i take my macrobid while i have a hangover? is it safe?
Help me please! I really need to know if I can take my pill (macrobid) when I have a hangover
More questions for: Hyperthyroidism, Uti
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- I have twice developed a uti after injection of prolia
I have taken Prolia for 2 years..4 injections. After the last 2 injections within 2 weeks I developed severe cystitis and had to go on course of antibiotics. I am fearful of continuing this medication as the last infection caused me to be treated at the emergency room.
- Flagyl and hair loss
I was miserable already but the side effects of this medicine only compounded it. I have had severe diarrhea, stomach cramps, nausea, a horrible metallic taste in my mouth and worst of all I have patches of hair that have completely fallen out!! I am horrified that this medicine is even prescribed t ...
- Temporary amnesia from uti
I developed a Urinary Tract Infection which caused sudden severe pain and temporary amnesia for about 5 hours. I am going to start a Candida diet and stop eating all sugars and yeast. This can take a long period of time but as I am 60 years old and have been eating sugar for most of my life, it won' ...
More reviews for: Hyperthyroidism, Uti
Common treatments for Hyperthyroidism and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Hyperthyroidism symptoms:
Uti related symptom studies:
- Uti in Bladder infection (1,445 reports)
- Uti in Blood pressure (3,023 reports)
- Uti in Depression (1,791 reports)
- Uti in High blood cholesterol (1,347 reports)
- Uti in Hypertension (3,371 reports)
- Uti in Ms (10,076 reports)
- Uti in Osteopenia (1,175 reports)
- Uti in Osteoporosis (4,103 reports)
- Uti in Pain (2,010 reports)
- Uti in Rheumatoid arthritis (3,867 reports)
Recent related drug studies on eHealthMe:
More related studies for: Hyperthyroidism, Uti
Recent Hyperthyroidism related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Hyperthyroidism, Uti
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.