Home > Hypothyroidism > Abdominal pain upper > Hypothyroidism and Abdominal pain upper
Review: could Hypothyroidism cause Abdominal pain upper?
We study 33,059 people who have Hypothyroidism from FDA and social media. Among them, 563 have Abdominal pain upper. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who have Hypothyroidism and Abdominal pain upper >>>
Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development) (latest reports from 130,015 patients) can be treated by Synthroid, Levothyroxine Sodium, Levoxyl, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Levothroid, Cytomel.
Abdominal pain upper
Abdominal pain upper (latest reports from 395,101 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, high blood cholesterol, birth control, osteoporosis.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 33,059 people who have hypothyroidism are studied. Among them, 563 (1.70%) have Abdominal Pain Upper.
Gender of people who have hypothyroidism and experienced Abdominal pain upper * :
|Abdominal pain upper||84.51%||15.49% |
Age of people who have hypothyroidism and experienced Abdominal pain upper * :
|Abdominal pain upper||0.00%||0.00%||2.14%||5.44%||8.93%||18.25%||17.28%||48.16% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Abdominal pain upper||6.67%||33.33%||53.33%||6.67% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Hypertension (190 people, 33.75%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (69 people, 12.26%)
- Pain (65 people, 11.55%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (65 people, 11.55%)
- Depression (65 people, 11.55%)
- Anxiety (53 people, 9.41%)
- Atrial fibrillation (46 people, 8.17%)
- Diabetes mellitus (34 people, 6.04%)
- Osteoporosis (32 people, 5.68%)
- Insomnia (31 people, 5.51%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Synthroid (296 people, 52.58%)
- Levothyroxine sodium (153 people, 27.18%)
- Pradaxa (54 people, 9.59%)
- Nexium (53 people, 9.41%)
- Yaz (52 people, 9.24%)
- Levoxyl (50 people, 8.88%)
- Yasmin (46 people, 8.17%)
- Humira (44 people, 7.82%)
- Aspirin (43 people, 7.64%)
- Lisinopril (37 people, 6.57%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hypothyroidism and Abdominal Pain Upper?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Abdominal Pain Upper and Hypothyroidism
- support group for people who have Hypothyroidism
- support group for people who have Abdominal Pain Upper
Comments from related studies:
From this study (5 months ago):
At first I thought this was gas/indigestion and treated it as such, but nothing would change. I rarely eat fried foods, and have extremely good cholesterol labs. The last attack was so painful I could not catch my breath and I could not walk on my own. I did not have a fever, but I thought somehow my appendix ruptured and was poisoning my stomach because I just wanted to pass out. I was shocked to learn I had gallstones and an enlarged gallbladder. I've had these symptoms for over 6 or 7 years. I was pregnant with twins in 2007, and would blame the twins for getting "too high" into my ribs when I had this pain with them, but I bet it was my gallbladder flaring up, even then. At that time, I would have been on Zoloft for 4 years.
From this study (6 months ago):
Happens 5 hours after eating, usually waking up at night
From this study (6 months ago):
Shortness of breath is upon mild exertion. Upper abdominal pain occurs while exercising. Stress, ecocardiogram, CT for pulmonary embolism, chest x-ray, gall bladder ultrasound all negative. Menopause??? Thyroid med levels?
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- What's the best home remedy for jaundice?
I started out thinking that I had pancreatitis, had all the symptoms, abdominal pain that went all the way thru to the back & inability to digest food (chronic indigestion). I read about keeping the bodys pH better balanced, bought pH test strips (urine) & found I was very acidic. I began eating mor ...
- Omeprazole or pantoprazole?
I take an oral contraceptive, Diane-35 ED, which is not in the list of drugs to choose from on this site.
Recently, the medication I was taking for my stomach ulcer (Omeprazole) became unavailable in my country of residence and was replaced by Patoprazole. I started taking it yesterday morning a ...
- Has anyone been prescribed methotrexate for granuloma annulare?
I have had GA for 2 years now, however it has gotten progressively worse the past 6 months. It has now spread over 80% of my body. I am seeing an Endocrinologist next week as I believe my thyroid may play a big role in this. My Regular Dr. suggested I speak to Endocrinologist about a drug called Met ...
More questions for: Hypothyroidism, Abdominal pain upper
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Shortness of breath after taking levothyroxine for 8-10 yrs.
I have been experiencing shortness of breath lately when taking the levothyroxine. If I stop taking it for a couple of days my shortness of breath is pretty much gone.
- My memory loss due to omeprazole
I took omeprazole for 20 years until I developed edema of the lower extremities. I started having memory problems right away and they still persist even though I have not taken omeprazole now for about 6 yrs. I am hoping it will dissipate or clear my system. I do not have a constant memory proble ...
- Lipitor bad reaction
I was on lipitor for 5 years started at 10mg and the headaches started. At 5 years on I was up to 80mg and had severe migraines every day. Was also diagnosed with hypothyroidism and given synthroid. Also had a prescription for migraine meds that did nothing. My daughter found out she and her kids ha ...
More reviews for: Hypothyroidism, Abdominal pain upper
Common treatments for Hypothyroidism and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Hypothyroidism symptoms:
- Fatigue in Hypothyroidism (2,219 reports)
- Nausea in Hypothyroidism (1,856 reports)
- Dizziness in Hypothyroidism (1,784 reports)
- Dyspnea in Hypothyroidism (1,682 reports)
- Muscle Weakness in Hypothyroidism (1,531 reports)
- Headaches in Hypothyroidism (1,491 reports)
- Drug Ineffective in Hypothyroidism (1,384 reports)
- Tension in Hypothyroidism (1,372 reports)
- Loose Bowel Movements in Hypothyroidism (1,350 reports)
- Blood Pressure in Hypothyroidism (1,328 reports)
Abdominal Pain Upper related symptom studies:
- Abdominal Pain Upper in Arthritis - rheumatoid (1,381 reports)
- Abdominal Pain Upper in Birth control (2,047 reports)
- Abdominal Pain Upper in Blood cholesterol abnormal (2,157 reports)
- Abdominal Pain Upper in Blood pressure (2,843 reports)
- Abdominal Pain Upper in Depression (1,823 reports)
- Abdominal Pain Upper in Diabetes mellitus non-insulin-dependent (1,731 reports)
- Abdominal Pain Upper in Hypertension (3,007 reports)
- Abdominal Pain Upper in Multiple sclerosis (1,570 reports)
- Abdominal Pain Upper in Osteoporosis (1,907 reports)
- Abdominal Pain Upper in Pain (2,250 reports)
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Vyvanse, Celexa for a 12-year old girl who has Attention Deficit Disorder With Hyperactivity, Depression (10 minutes ago)
- Tylenol, Benadryl, Lialda, Azathioprine, Prednisone, Ambien, Zoloft for a 24-year old man who has Pain, Itching, Ulcerative Colitis, Insomnia, Depression (46 minutes ago)
- Nexium, Singulair, Flovent Hfa, Ambien, Seroquel, Prozac for a 33-year old woman who has Acid Reflux, Asthma, Sleep Disorder, Depression (51 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Mucinex and Double Vision
- Chest Pain
- Excessive Masturbation
- Fastin for Weight Loss
Recent user comments
- "My ears were bothering me last week and were clogged ... " (47 minutes ago)
- "Had clogged ears with ear wax this week. Got them cle ... " (2 hours ago)
- "My son also has epilepsy. His seisures are always un ... " (3 hours ago)
- Ringing In The Ears
- Molar Abortion
- Blood Creatine Phosphokinase Abnormal Nos
- Oxygen Saturation Decreased