Home > Hypothyroidism > Abdominal pain upper > Hypothyroidism and Abdominal pain upper
Would you have Abdominal pain upper when you have Hypothyroidism?
Summary: Abdominal pain upper is found among people with Hypothyroidism, especially people who are female, 40-49 old, also have Hypertension, and take medication Synthroid.
We study 564 people who have Abdominal pain upper and Hypothyroidism from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Hypothyroidism and Abdominal pain upper >>>
Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development) can be treated by Synthroid, Levothyroxine Sodium, Levoxyl, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Levothroid, Armour Thyroid. (view latest reports from 43,269 patients)
Abdominal pain upper
Abdominal pain upper (latest reports from 62,426 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, high blood cholesterol, birth control, osteoporosis.
On Nov, 25, 2014: 564 people who have hypothyroidism and Abdominal Pain Upper are studied.
Gender of people who have hypothyroidism and experienced Abdominal pain upper * :
|Abdominal pain upper||84.54%||15.46% |
Age of people who have hypothyroidism and experienced Abdominal pain upper * :
|Abdominal pain upper||0.00%||0.00%||2.13%||5.42%||9.09%||18.18%||17.21%||47.97% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Abdominal pain upper||6.25%||37.50%||50.00%||6.25% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Hypertension (190 people, 33.69%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (69 people, 12.23%)
- Pain (65 people, 11.52%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (65 people, 11.52%)
- Depression (65 people, 11.52%)
- Anxiety (53 people, 9.40%)
- Atrial fibrillation (46 people, 8.16%)
- Diabetes mellitus (34 people, 6.03%)
- Osteoporosis (32 people, 5.67%)
- Insomnia (31 people, 5.50%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Synthroid (296 people, 52.48%)
- Levothyroxine sodium (154 people, 27.30%)
- Pradaxa (54 people, 9.57%)
- Nexium (53 people, 9.40%)
- Yaz (52 people, 9.22%)
- Levoxyl (50 people, 8.87%)
- Yasmin (46 people, 8.16%)
- Humira (44 people, 7.80%)
- Aspirin (43 people, 7.62%)
- Lisinopril (37 people, 6.56%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hypothyroidism and Abdominal Pain Upper?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Abdominal Pain Upper and Hypothyroidism
- support group for people who have Hypothyroidism
- support group for people who have Abdominal Pain Upper
Recent conversations of related support groups:
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is it okay to take co enzyme q 10 with levothyroxine
(Asked by a 66 year old woman who has Hypothyroidism, and takes Levothyroxine Sodium)
Is it okay to take Co Enzyme Q10 with Lovothyroxine. Will it stop my Levothyroxine from working properly. I am also on Simvastaton. Would appreciate any advice on this.
- What's the best home remedy for jaundice?
(Asked by a 53 year old woman who has Fatigue, Headache, Elevated Blood Pressure, Eating More Alkaline Foods Helps Reduce Pain, Abdominal Pain Upper, Upper Back Pain, Indigestion, Slightly Yellow, and takes Hydrochlorothiazide)
I started out thinking that I had pancreatitis, had all the symptoms, abdominal pain that went all the way thru to the back & inability to digest food (chronic indigestion). I read about keeping the bodys pH better balanced, bought pH test strips (urine) & found I was very acidic. I began eating mor ...
- Omeprazole or pantoprazole?
(Asked by a 39 year old woman who has Hormone Level Nos Abnormal, Hypothyroidism, Tinnitus, Migraine With Aura, Blood Pressure Fluctuation, Insomnia, Ulcer - Stomach, and takes Lasix, Topamax, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Inderal, Pantoprazole)
I take an oral contraceptive, Diane-35 ED, which is not in the list of drugs to choose from on this site.
Recently, the medication I was taking for my stomach ulcer (Omeprazole) became unavailable in my country of residence and was replaced by Patoprazole. I started taking it yesterday morning a ...
- Has anyone been prescribed methotrexate for granuloma annulare?
(Asked by a 59 year old woman who has Hypothyroidism, Granuloma Annulare, and takes Topamax, Calcium , Vitamin D, Zetia, Effexor Xr, Levoxyl)
I have had GA for 2 years now, however it has gotten progressively worse the past 6 months. It has now spread over 80% of my body. I am seeing an Endocrinologist next week as I believe my thyroid may play a big role in this. My Regular Dr. suggested I speak to Endocrinologist about a drug called Met ...
- I have been on armour 8 days started at 1 grain after having been on 88 mcg synthroid.
(Asked by a 58 year old woman who has Hypothyroidism, and takes Armour Thyroid)
Was on 88mcg synthroid. Test was 4.75 tsh and low t3 3.3. Switched 8 days ago to 1 grain armour and now feel shaky. Pulse 90. Had diarrhea and vomiting last night at 1 in am. Is it working too fast? Felt good earlier in week and slept all night for first time in months.
More questions for: Hypothyroidism, Abdominal pain upper
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Shortness of breath after taking levothyroxine for 8-10 yrs.
(Posted by a 38 year old woman who has Hypothyroidism, and takes Levothyroxine Sodium)
I have been experiencing shortness of breath lately when taking the levothyroxine. If I stop taking it for a couple of days my shortness of breath is pretty much gone.
- My memory loss due to omeprazole
(Posted by a 70 year old woman who has Hypothyroidism, and takes Omeprazole)
I took omeprazole for 20 years until I developed edema of the lower extremities. I started having memory problems right away and they still persist even though I have not taken omeprazole now for about 6 yrs. I am hoping it will dissipate or clear my system. I do not have a constant memory proble ...
- Lipitor bad reaction
(Posted by a 63 year old woman who has Severe Migraine, Hypothyroidism, and takes Lipitor)
I was on lipitor for 5 years started at 10mg and the headaches started. At 5 years on I was up to 80mg and had severe migraines every day. Was also diagnosed with hypothyroidism and given synthroid. Also had a prescription for migraine meds that did nothing. My daughter found out she and her kids ha ...
- I'm curing my lichen sclerosis
(Posted by a 67 year old woman who has Lichen Sclerosus, Hypothyroidism, and takes Prempro, Activella, Clobetasol Propionate, Cipro, Vagifem)
I took Prempro for about 5 years and then Activella for about 3 years for Menopausal symptoms. My first obvious symptoms of a problem began in 2005 which follow all the classic symptoms of Lichen. I spent thousands on Urology exams, tests, and surgical procedures. And thousands on Gynecological atte ...
- Nexium and feeling cold (1 response)
(Posted by a 57 year old woman who has Hypothyroidism, Vitamin B12 Deficiency, High Blood Pressure, Overactive Bladder, and takes Nexium, Levothyroxine Sodium, Vesicare, Vitamin B12, Tramadol)
I took Nexium (1 40mg capsule) and approximately 45 minutes later, I felt extremely cold. I could not get warm, even though I put on a polartec jacket and sat near a heater.
I also was extremely nauseated at the same time.
About 30 minutes after the incident began, it ended. I no longer was ...
More reviews for: Hypothyroidism, Abdominal pain upper
- A study of drug interactions between Phenergan, Bactrim, Gabapentin, Wellbutrin Xl, Synthroid, Topamax, Prozac for a patient with Nausea, Urinary Tract Infection Enterococcal, Neuropathic Pain, Migraine - Common, Hypothyroidism, Depression. The patient has Muscle Rigidity
Comments: Just started Prozac 4 weeks ago with no side effects. Became ill with UTI, doctor prescribed Bactrim & Phenergan. Within a day, I had severe muscle rigidity in my jaw, neck, shoulders & abdomen. It was not like a "leg cramp" and nothing I have ever experienced. I stopped taking the Prozac and th ...
- A study of side effects of Levothyroxine Sodium for a patient with Hypothyroidism. The patient has Sleep Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition
Comments: Severe stabbing pain between shoulders slightly to the right. Only lasts upto a minute. Attacks infrequent.
Tartar on teeth.
Sweating and chill although usually very cold.
Difficult to maintain weight. Skips meals everyday - habitually only eat dinner in the evening and have done ...
- A study of drug interactions between Myrbetriq, Pradaxa, Mirtazapine, Lipitor, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Calcium, Namenda Xr, Exelon for a patient with Overactive Bladder, Atrial Fibrillation/flutter, Depression - Elderly, Lower Cholesterol, Hypothyroidism, Osteoporosis And Aging, Senile Dementia. The patient has Confusional State
Comments: My mother has overactive bladder symptoms. She has tried oxybutin, vesicare and now myrbetriq. She had increased confusion with oxybutin and vesicare...so we stopped taking them. Now she has been taking myrbetriq for a week now and I am wondering if I am seeing increased confusion again even thou ...
- A study of drug interactions between Mucinex D, Mobic, Gotu Kola, Humira, Levothyroxine Sodium, Singulair for a patient with Sinusitis, Joint Pain, Foot, Leg, And Ankle Swelling, Crohns, Hypothyroidism, Sinus Polyp. The patient has Pain - Joints, Joint Warmth, Swelling Of A Joint
Comments: the joint pain isn't as bad as the swelling!!! its been random & moves from joint to joint...my hands & fingers more severe...ive never had these symptoms before!! my doctor has run RA panels, MS panels etc...waiting on results!! started me on Mobic.....absolutely cant tell ive taken anything...no s ...
- A study of drug interactions between Topamax, Synthroid, Trihexyphenidyl Hydrochloride for a patient with Migraine With Aura, Hypothyroidism, Parkinsonian Gait. The patient has Abdominal Pain
Comments: Stabbing pain began at about a level 6 only while I was on the drug Trihexphenidyl. It appeared when I introduced the 1/2 pill a day at the twice per day mark. The first 5 days of 1/2 a pill had no reaction. it was the beginning of the next 5 days that I immediately felt the pain but no other sy ...
More related studies for: Hypothyroidism, Abdominal pain upper
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.