Review: could Hypothyroidism cause Apathy?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 1, 2014)
Severity ratings: 3.0/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 32,417 people who have Hypothyroidism. Among them, 21 experience Apathy. See who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Hypothyroidism (latest reports from 126,112 patients) is typically treated by Synthroid, Levothyroxine Sodium, Levoxyl, Levothroid, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Armour Thyroid.
Apathy (latest reports from 23,337 patients) has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, high blood pressure, stress and anxiety, multiple sclerosis.
On Mar, 1, 2014: 32,376 people who have hypothyroidism are studied. Among them, 21 (0.06%) have Apathy.
Gender of people who have hypothyroidism and experienced Apathy * :
Age of people who have hypothyroidism and experienced Apathy * :
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Hypothyroidism (21 people, 100.00%)
- Depression (5 people, 23.81%)
- Hypertension (4 people, 19.05%)
- Adhd (3 people, 14.29%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (3 people, 14.29%)
- Asthma (3 people, 14.29%)
- High blood pressure (2 people, 9.52%)
- Diabetes mellitus (2 people, 9.52%)
- Bipolar disorder (2 people, 9.52%)
- Anxiety (2 people, 9.52%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Levothyroxine sodium (9 people, 42.86%)
- Synthroid (8 people, 38.10%)
- Chantix (3 people, 14.29%)
- Liothyronine sodium (3 people, 14.29%)
- Remeron (3 people, 14.29%)
- Lisinopril (3 people, 14.29%)
- Wellbutrin (3 people, 14.29%)
- Effexor xr (3 people, 14.29%)
- Cymbalta (3 people, 14.29%)
- Clonazepam (2 people, 9.52%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Hypothyroidism, Apathy
You can also:
Common treatments for Hypothyroidism and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Browse all Hypothyroidism symptoms from A to Z:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (12 months ago):
I have PTSD,Dissociative Disorder,diffuse idiopathic skeletal hypotrophy,arthritis,bone spurs,no physical activity due to ahedonia.Take Vit.D Niacin,Red Yeast Rice,Fish oil,B complex,B12,Milk thistle,chromium picolinate,vit.c.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Hypothyroidism, Apathy
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Lipitor bad reaction
I was on lipitor for 5 years started at 10mg and the headaches started. At 5 years on I was up to 80mg and had severe migraines every day. Was also diagnosed with hypothyroidism and given synthroid. Also had a prescription for migraine meds that did nothing. My daughter found out she and her kids ha ...
- I'm curing my lichen sclerosis
I took Prempro for about 5 years and then Activella for about 3 years for Menopausal symptoms. My first obvious symptoms of a problem began in 2005 which follow all the classic symptoms of Lichen. I spent thousands on Urology exams, tests, and surgical procedures. And thousands on Gynecological atte ...
- Nexium and feeling cold
I took Nexium (1 40mg capsule) and approximately 45 minutes later, I felt extremely cold. I could not get warm, even though I put on a polartec jacket and sat near a heater.
I also was extremely nauseated at the same time.
About 30 minutes after the incident began, it ended. I no longer was ...
More reviews for: Hypothyroidism, Apathy
Recent related drug studies on eHealthMe:
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Cymbalta, Levothyroxine Sodium, Hydroxyzine, Clonazepam, Furosemide, Androderm for a patient with ADHD, Insomnia Depression, Depression/pain, Hypothyroidism, Insomnia Ptsd Anxiety, Ptsd Anxiety Insomnia, High Blood Pressure, Transgendered. The patient has Weight Gain (Weight increased), Metabolic Syndrome, Left Upper Abdomen Pain, Ahedonia, Reversed Circadian Rhythem, Vibration Of Muscles In Left Side, Apathy, No Creativity, Pain In Feet And Hands, Tinnitus, Falls Breaking Bones
More related studies for: Hypothyroidism, Apathy
Recent Hypothyroidism related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Hypothyroidism, Apathy
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.