Review: could Hypothyroidism cause Apathy?
Summary: Apathy could be caused by Hypothyroidism, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, also have Depression, and take Levothyroxine sodium.
We study 32,525 people who have Hypothyroidism from FDA and social media. Among them, 21 have Apathy. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
On Apr, 11, 2014: 32,504 people who have hypothyroidism are studied. Among them, 21 (0.06%) have Apathy. They amount to 0.09% of all the 23,808 people who have Apathy on eHealthMe.
Gender of people who have hypothyroidism and experienced Apathy * :
Age of people who have hypothyroidism and experienced Apathy * :
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Depression (5 people, 23.81%)
- Hypertension (4 people, 19.05%)
- Adhd (3 people, 14.29%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (3 people, 14.29%)
- Asthma (3 people, 14.29%)
- High blood pressure (2 people, 9.52%)
- Diabetes mellitus (2 people, 9.52%)
- Bipolar disorder (2 people, 9.52%)
- Anxiety (2 people, 9.52%)
- Muscle disorder (1 people, 4.76%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Levothyroxine sodium (9 people, 42.86%)
- Synthroid (8 people, 38.10%)
- Chantix (3 people, 14.29%)
- Liothyronine sodium (3 people, 14.29%)
- Remeron (3 people, 14.29%)
- Lisinopril (3 people, 14.29%)
- Wellbutrin (3 people, 14.29%)
- Effexor xr (3 people, 14.29%)
- Cymbalta (3 people, 14.29%)
- Clonazepam (2 people, 9.52%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Hypothyroidism, Apathy
You can also:
Common treatments for Hypothyroidism and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (1 year ago):
I have PTSD,Dissociative Disorder,diffuse idiopathic skeletal hypotrophy,arthritis,bone spurs,no physical activity due to ahedonia.Take Vit.D Niacin,Red Yeast Rice,Fish oil,B complex,B12,Milk thistle,chromium picolinate,vit.c.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.