Review: could Hypothyroidism cause Ascites?
We study 32,936 people who have Hypothyroidism from FDA and social media. Among them, 61 have Ascites. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who have Hypothyroidism and Ascites >>>
Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development) (latest reports from 130,407 patients) can be treated by Synthroid, Levothyroxine Sodium, Levoxyl, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Levothroid, Cytomel.
Ascites (accumulation of fluid in the abdominal cavity) (latest reports from 97,126 patients) has been reported by people with hepatic neoplasm malignant, high blood pressure, hepatitis c, hiv infection, rheumatoid arthritis.
On Sep, 13, 2014: 32,918 people who have hypothyroidism are studied. Among them, 61 (0.19%) have Ascites.
Gender of people who have hypothyroidism and experienced Ascites * :
Age of people who have hypothyroidism and experienced Ascites * :
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Hypertension (17 people, 27.87%)
- Pain (7 people, 11.48%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (6 people, 9.84%)
- Depression (6 people, 9.84%)
- Anxiety (6 people, 9.84%)
- Constipation (5 people, 8.20%)
- Oedema (5 people, 8.20%)
- Arthritis (5 people, 8.20%)
- Hepatic neoplasm malignant (5 people, 8.20%)
- Colitis ulcerative (5 people, 8.20%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Levothyroxine sodium (25 people, 40.98%)
- Synthroid (17 people, 27.87%)
- Humira (8 people, 13.11%)
- Lasix (7 people, 11.48%)
- Methotrexate (7 people, 11.48%)
- Zyrtec (6 people, 9.84%)
- Exjade (5 people, 8.20%)
- Xanax (5 people, 8.20%)
- Amlodipine besylate (4 people, 6.56%)
- Sodium bicarbonate (4 people, 6.56%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who have Ascites and Hypothyroidism
- group for people who have Hypothyroidism
- group for people who have Ascites
Comments from related studies:
From this study (18 hours ago):
After stopping nexium, I am experiencing weakness, fatigue and lightheadedness when up and moving/walking.
From this study (5 days ago):
diarrhea continues even tho switched from multaq to Amiodarone 100mg. day.
From this study (5 days ago):
Had radiation and surgery in neck area 22years ago
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Omeprazole or pantoprazole?
I take an oral contraceptive, Diane-35 ED, which is not in the list of drugs to choose from on this site.
Recently, the medication I was taking for my stomach ulcer (Omeprazole) became unavailable in my country of residence and was replaced by Patoprazole. I started taking it yesterday morning a ...
- Has anyone been prescribed methotrexate for granuloma annulare?
I have had GA for 2 years now, however it has gotten progressively worse the past 6 months. It has now spread over 80% of my body. I am seeing an Endocrinologist next week as I believe my thyroid may play a big role in this. My Regular Dr. suggested I speak to Endocrinologist about a drug called Met ...
- I have been on armour 8 days started at 1 grain after having been on 88 mcg synthroid.
Was on 88mcg synthroid. Test was 4.75 tsh and low t3 3.3. Switched 8 days ago to 1 grain armour and now feel shaky. Pulse 90. Had diarrhea and vomiting last night at 1 in am. Is it working too fast? Felt good earlier in week and slept all night for first time in months.
More questions for: Hypothyroidism, Ascites
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Shortness of breath after taking levothyroxine for 8-10 yrs.
I have been experiencing shortness of breath lately when taking the levothyroxine. If I stop taking it for a couple of days my shortness of breath is pretty much gone.
- My memory loss due to omeprazole
I took omeprazole for 20 years until I developed edema of the lower extremities. I started having memory problems right away and they still persist even though I have not taken omeprazole now for about 6 yrs. I am hoping it will dissipate or clear my system. I do not have a constant memory proble ...
- Lipitor bad reaction
I was on lipitor for 5 years started at 10mg and the headaches started. At 5 years on I was up to 80mg and had severe migraines every day. Was also diagnosed with hypothyroidism and given synthroid. Also had a prescription for migraine meds that did nothing. My daughter found out she and her kids ha ...
More reviews for: Hypothyroidism, Ascites
Common treatments for Hypothyroidism and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Hypothyroidism symptoms:
- Weariness in Hypothyroidism (2,218 reports)
- Nausea in Hypothyroidism (1,856 reports)
- Dizziness in Hypothyroidism (1,777 reports)
- Short Of Breath in Hypothyroidism (1,665 reports)
- Weakness in Hypothyroidism (1,529 reports)
- Pain - Head in Hypothyroidism (1,490 reports)
- Anxiety in Hypothyroidism (1,389 reports)
- Drug Ineffective in Hypothyroidism (1,384 reports)
- Frequent Bowel Movements in Hypothyroidism (1,349 reports)
- Hypertension in Hypothyroidism (1,328 reports)
Ascites related symptom studies:
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.