Review: could Hypothyroidism cause Ascites?
We study 32,880 people who have Hypothyroidism from FDA and social media. Among them, 61 have Ascites. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Stay connected: join a mobile support group for people who have Hypothyroidism and Ascites >>>
Hypothyroidism (latest reports from 129,606 patients) can be treated by Synthroid, Levothyroxine Sodium, Levoxyl, Levothroid, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Cytomel.
Ascites (accumulation of fluid in the abdominal cavity) (latest reports from 97,116 patients) has been reported by people with hepatic neoplasm malignant, high blood pressure, hepatitis c, hiv infection, rheumatoid arthritis.
On Aug, 13, 2014: 32,844 people who have hypothyroidism are studied. Among them, 61 (0.19%) have Ascites. They amount to 0.06% of all the 97,112 people who have Ascites on eHealthMe.
Gender of people who have hypothyroidism and experienced Ascites * :
Age of people who have hypothyroidism and experienced Ascites * :
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Hypertension (17 people, 27.87%)
- Pain (7 people, 11.48%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (6 people, 9.84%)
- Depression (6 people, 9.84%)
- Anxiety (6 people, 9.84%)
- Constipation (5 people, 8.20%)
- Oedema (5 people, 8.20%)
- Arthritis (5 people, 8.20%)
- Hepatic neoplasm malignant (5 people, 8.20%)
- Colitis ulcerative (5 people, 8.20%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Levothyroxine sodium (25 people, 40.98%)
- Synthroid (17 people, 27.87%)
- Humira (8 people, 13.11%)
- Lasix (7 people, 11.48%)
- Methotrexate (7 people, 11.48%)
- Zyrtec (6 people, 9.84%)
- Exjade (5 people, 8.20%)
- Xanax (5 people, 8.20%)
- Amlodipine besylate (4 people, 6.56%)
- Sodium bicarbonate (4 people, 6.56%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
Get connected! Join a mobile support group of people like you:
- group for people who have Ascites and Hypothyroidism
- group for people who have Hypothyroidism
- group for people who have Ascites
Comments from related studies:
From this study (5 days ago):
moderate, sometimes severe, with cramps
From this study (5 days ago):
I have been on the levo for 2 years so I know that's fine. I have been on the cytomel for a few months but just recently increased the dose by 5 mcg. I also quit smoking at the same time. The discharge is yellow and does not smell or itch.
From this study (1 week ago):
got off 4 years of oxycodone use. Radiated thyroid. Pituitary gland is not send ATCH to adrenals so no cortisol. Legs ache Been off oxycodone for 9 weeks
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Hypothyroidism, Ascites
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Shortness of breath after taking levothyroxine for 8-10 yrs.
I have been experiencing shortness of breath lately when taking the levothyroxine. If I stop taking it for a couple of days my shortness of breath is pretty much gone.
- My memory loss due to omeprazole
I took omeprazole for 20 years until I developed edema of the lower extremities. I started having memory problems right away and they still persist even though I have not taken omeprazole now for about 6 yrs. I am hoping it will dissipate or clear my system. I do not have a constant memory proble ...
- Lipitor bad reaction
I was on lipitor for 5 years started at 10mg and the headaches started. At 5 years on I was up to 80mg and had severe migraines every day. Was also diagnosed with hypothyroidism and given synthroid. Also had a prescription for migraine meds that did nothing. My daughter found out she and her kids ha ...
More reviews for: Hypothyroidism, Ascites
Common treatments for Hypothyroidism and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Hypothyroidism symptoms:
- Exhaustion in Hypothyroidism (2,214 reports)
- Nausea in Hypothyroidism (1,853 reports)
- Loss Of Balance in Hypothyroidism (1,775 reports)
- Breathing Difficulty in Hypothyroidism (1,662 reports)
- Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness in Hypothyroidism (1,529 reports)
- Frequent Headaches in Hypothyroidism (1,490 reports)
- Stress And Anxiety in Hypothyroidism (1,389 reports)
- Drug Ineffective in Hypothyroidism (1,384 reports)
- Diarrhoea in Hypothyroidism (1,346 reports)
- Htn in Hypothyroidism (1,327 reports)
Ascites related symptom studies:
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.