Hypothyroidism and Cataract - from FDA reports
Cataract is found among people with Hypothyroidism, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, take medication Synthroid and have Osteoporosis. This review analyzes which people have Cataract with Hypothyroidism. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 444 people who have Hypothyroidism from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 21, 2017
444 people who have Hypothyroidism and Cataract are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Hypothyroidism and experience Cataract *:
- female: 87.05 %
- male: 12.95 %
Age of people who have Hypothyroidism and experience Cataract *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.6 %
- 20-29: 0.3 %
- 30-39: 0.6 %
- 40-49: 3.63 %
- 50-59: 17.22 %
- 60+: 77.64 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- Osteoporosis (130 people, 29.28%)
- High Blood Pressure (127 people, 28.60%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (82 people, 18.47%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (56 people, 12.61%)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (52 people, 11.71%)
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Synthroid (246 people, 55.41%)
- Fosamax (140 people, 31.53%)
- Humira (49 people, 11.04%)
- Levothyroxine Sodium (48 people, 10.81%)
- Alendronate Sodium (43 people, 9.68%)
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Fall (107 people, 24.10%)
- Dizziness (84 people, 18.92%)
- Osteoarthritis (81 people, 18.24%)
- High Blood Pressure (78 people, 17.57%)
- Back Pain (71 people, 15.99%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Cataract and Hypothyroidism?
Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development) can be treated by Synthroid, Levothyroxine sodium, Levothyroxine thyroid, Levoxyl, Levothroid (latest reports from 83,132 Hypothyroidism patients)
Cataract (clouding of the lens inside the eye) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 29,303 Cataract patients).