Hypothyroidism and Cataract - from FDA reports
Cataract is found among people with Hypothyroidism, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, take medication Synthroid and have Osteoporosis. This review analyzes which people have Cataract with Hypothyroidism. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 444 people who have Hypothyroidism from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 19, 2017
444 people who have Hypothyroidism and Cataract are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Hypothyroidism and experience Cataract *:
- female: 87.05 %
- male: 12.95 %
Age of people who have Hypothyroidism and experience Cataract *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.6 %
- 20-29: 0.3 %
- 30-39: 0.6 %
- 40-49: 3.63 %
- 50-59: 17.22 %
- 60+: 77.64 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- Osteoporosis (130 people, 29.28%)
- High Blood Pressure (127 people, 28.60%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (82 people, 18.47%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (56 people, 12.61%)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (52 people, 11.71%)
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Synthroid (246 people, 55.41%)
- Fosamax (140 people, 31.53%)
- Humira (49 people, 11.04%)
- Levothyroxine Sodium (48 people, 10.81%)
- Alendronate Sodium (43 people, 9.68%)
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Fall (107 people, 24.10%)
- Dizziness (84 people, 18.92%)
- Osteoarthritis (81 people, 18.24%)
- High Blood Pressure (78 people, 17.57%)
- Back Pain (71 people, 15.99%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Cataract and Hypothyroidism?
- Check symptoms - is your cataract caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeCataract and Hypothyroidism from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development) can be treated by Synthroid, Levothyroxine sodium, Levothyroxine thyroid, Levoxyl, Levothroid (latest reports from 85,731 Hypothyroidism patients)
Cataract (clouding of the lens inside the eye) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 30,328 Cataract patients).
Browse all symptoms of Hypothyroidisma b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Could your drugs cause CataractCataract
Other conditions that could case CataractCataract
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
In 2009 I had my first onset of the urticaria and after endless tests a cause could not be found. I was on Xyzel and Atarax for about 9 months then found out I was pregnant. I was on the Atarax for the first 3 months of my pregnancy then everything magically disappeared I had my son in 2010. I ...
hi everyone~ i need help with nightmares and night terrors and sleep paralysis... i've had all these issues for my life but since i was diagnosed with hypothyroidism and have been taking levothyroxine it feels like my nightmares are more vivid and jarring 😰 it causes me anxiety at night to ...
I received Lemtrada in January 2016. After 10 months, my neurologist reviewed my latest labs and wants me to see an endocrinologist as my thyroid levels were abnormally elevated. She indicated the possibility of hypothyroidism. Prior to Lemtrada, I did not have any thyroid problems. Who in ...
You may be interested in these reviews
Thank you for who ever started this group...thought I was alone in my search for answers. Seeking those who have had successful outcomes after acute pancreatic episode...I am a women who lives a healthy lifestyle, and open to suggestions as to what works to prevent further ...
Hi, my name is Mary, I am 53 yr old white female originally from midwest. I was diagnosed with Crohns disease at 20 yeears old. Fibromyalgia came along at about 50 years of age and then RA right after that! Right now all I do is survive day to day. I can't quit my job b/c my job provides ...
Hi there .... I've been taking pueraria mirifica for breast enlargement purposes but I heard that for people like me with hypothyroid could cause your breast shrink instead of growing ... any experience with this ? Thanks