Home > Hypothyroidism > Chapped lips > Hypothyroidism and Chapped lips
Review: could Hypothyroidism cause Chapped lips?
We study 33,040 people who have Hypothyroidism from FDA and social media. Among them, 31 have Chapped lips. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who have Hypothyroidism and Chapped lips >>>
Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development) (latest reports from 129,276 patients) can be treated by Synthroid, Levothyroxine Sodium, Levoxyl, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Levothroid, Cytomel.
Chapped lips (cracking, fissuring, and peeling of the skin f lip) (latest reports from 7,429 patients) has been reported by people with acne, depression, high blood pressure, hepatitis c, high blood cholesterol.
On Sep, 18, 2014: 32,936 people who have hypothyroidism are studied. Among them, 31 (0.09%) have Chapped Lips.
Gender of people who have hypothyroidism and experienced Chapped lips * :
|Chapped lips||83.87%||16.13% |
Age of people who have hypothyroidism and experienced Chapped lips * :
|Chapped lips||0.00%||0.00%||13.79%||3.45%||13.79%||37.93%||13.79%||20.69% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Chapped lips||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||66.67% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Acne (14 people, 45.16%)
- Sinusitis (10 people, 32.26%)
- Headache (9 people, 29.03%)
- Laryngitis (7 people, 22.58%)
- Irritable bowel syndrome (7 people, 22.58%)
- Pain (7 people, 22.58%)
- Eczema (7 people, 22.58%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (6 people, 19.35%)
- Hypertension (4 people, 12.90%)
- Diabetes mellitus (3 people, 9.68%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Synthroid (17 people, 54.84%)
- Accutane (11 people, 35.48%)
- Levoxyl (10 people, 32.26%)
- Levothyroxine sodium (9 people, 29.03%)
- Nexium (8 people, 25.81%)
- Topamax (8 people, 25.81%)
- Tagamet (7 people, 22.58%)
- Bextra (7 people, 22.58%)
- Ranitidine (7 people, 22.58%)
- Tequin (7 people, 22.58%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hypothyroidism and Chapped Lips?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who have Chapped Lips and Hypothyroidism
- group for people who have Hypothyroidism
- group for people who have Chapped Lips
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Omeprazole or pantoprazole?
I take an oral contraceptive, Diane-35 ED, which is not in the list of drugs to choose from on this site.
Recently, the medication I was taking for my stomach ulcer (Omeprazole) became unavailable in my country of residence and was replaced by Patoprazole. I started taking it yesterday morning a ...
- Has anyone been prescribed methotrexate for granuloma annulare?
I have had GA for 2 years now, however it has gotten progressively worse the past 6 months. It has now spread over 80% of my body. I am seeing an Endocrinologist next week as I believe my thyroid may play a big role in this. My Regular Dr. suggested I speak to Endocrinologist about a drug called Met ...
- I have been on armour 8 days started at 1 grain after having been on 88 mcg synthroid.
Was on 88mcg synthroid. Test was 4.75 tsh and low t3 3.3. Switched 8 days ago to 1 grain armour and now feel shaky. Pulse 90. Had diarrhea and vomiting last night at 1 in am. Is it working too fast? Felt good earlier in week and slept all night for first time in months.
More questions for: Hypothyroidism, Chapped lips
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Shortness of breath after taking levothyroxine for 8-10 yrs.
I have been experiencing shortness of breath lately when taking the levothyroxine. If I stop taking it for a couple of days my shortness of breath is pretty much gone.
- Muscle weakness while on accutane
I began taking Accutane end of 2013 and I'm just now finishing up my medication.
During the first month I noticed my hands swelling up, but I also noticed my knuckles lightened.
Where I considered my elbows to be ashy, the color lightened up and the skin became smooth. My body retained water and ...
- My memory loss due to omeprazole
I took omeprazole for 20 years until I developed edema of the lower extremities. I started having memory problems right away and they still persist even though I have not taken omeprazole now for about 6 yrs. I am hoping it will dissipate or clear my system. I do not have a constant memory proble ...
More reviews for: Hypothyroidism, Chapped lips
Common treatments for Hypothyroidism and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Hypothyroidism symptoms:
- Weariness in Hypothyroidism (2,218 reports)
- Nausea in Hypothyroidism (1,856 reports)
- Dizziness in Hypothyroidism (1,777 reports)
- Breathlessness in Hypothyroidism (1,665 reports)
- Muscular Weakness in Hypothyroidism (1,529 reports)
- Pain - Head in Hypothyroidism (1,490 reports)
- Tension in Hypothyroidism (1,389 reports)
- Drug Ineffective in Hypothyroidism (1,384 reports)
- Loose Bowel Movements in Hypothyroidism (1,347 reports)
- Htn in Hypothyroidism (1,328 reports)
Chapped Lips related symptom studies:
Hypothyroidism is also known as: Adult hypothyroidism, Hypothyroid, Hypothyroids, Hypothyroidy, Low Thyroid, Myxedema, Under Active Thyroid, Under Active Thyroids, Underactive Thyroid.
Chapped Lips is also known as: Lips - chapped and dry.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Lightheadedness - Dizzy and Norvasc
- Celexa and Enuresis
- Bactrim and Vomiting Projectile
- Akathisia and Remeron
Recent user comments
- "Went for a blood test on Aug. 2013 and the platlet co ... " (2 hours ago)
- "I have been taking Lisinopril with Lasix for 10+ year ... " (2 hours ago)
- "Should an individual who has been taking Risperdal, a ... " (4 hours ago)
- Trazodone Hcl
- Morning Sickness
- White Blood Cell Count Increased