Hypothyroidism and Diarrhea - from FDA reports
Diarrhea is found among people with Hypothyroidism, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, take medication Synthroid and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Diarrhea with Hypothyroidism. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 2,846 people who have Hypothyroidism from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 21, 2017
2,846 people who have Hypothyroidism and Diarrhea are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Hypothyroidism and experience Diarrhea *:
- female: 84 %
- male: 16 %
Age of people who have Hypothyroidism and experience Diarrhea *:
- 0-1: 0.3 %
- 2-9: 0.52 %
- 10-19: 0.73 %
- 20-29: 2.2 %
- 30-39: 3.96 %
- 40-49: 11.42 %
- 50-59: 21.46 %
- 60+: 59.41 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (938 people, 32.96%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (449 people, 15.78%)
- Depression (390 people, 13.70%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (310 people, 10.89%)
- Pain (284 people, 9.98%)
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Synthroid (1,155 people, 40.58%)
- Levothyroxine Sodium (477 people, 16.76%)
- Humira (309 people, 10.86%)
- Fosamax (156 people, 5.48%)
- Levoxyl (151 people, 5.31%)
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Nausea (718 people, 25.23%)
- Nausea And Vomiting (576 people, 20.24%)
- Fatigue (404 people, 14.20%)
- Weight Decreased (378 people, 13.28%)
- Weakness (365 people, 12.83%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Diarrhea and Hypothyroidism?
Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development) can be treated by Synthroid, Levothyroxine sodium, Levothyroxine thyroid, Levoxyl, Levothroid (latest reports from 83,132 Hypothyroidism patients)
Diarrhea has been reported by people with high blood pressure, crohn's disease, multiple sclerosis, multiple myeloma, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 288,392 Diarrhea patients).