Home > Hypothyroidism > Dry throat > Hypothyroidism and Dry throat
Review: could Hypothyroidism cause Dry throat?
We study 33,040 people who have Hypothyroidism from FDA and social media. Among them, 44 have Dry throat. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who have Hypothyroidism and Dry throat >>>
Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development) (latest reports from 129,276 patients) can be treated by Synthroid, Levothyroxine Sodium, Levoxyl, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Levothroid, Cytomel.
Dry throat (latest reports from 14,936 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, asthma, rheumatoid arthritis.
On Sep, 15, 2014: 32,936 people who have hypothyroidism are studied. Among them, 44 (0.13%) have Dry Throat.
Gender of people who have hypothyroidism and experienced Dry throat * :
|Dry throat||87.23%||12.77% |
Age of people who have hypothyroidism and experienced Dry throat * :
|Dry throat||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||2.50%||20.00%||15.00%||65.00% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Dry throat||0.00%||66.67%||33.33%||0.00% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Blood cholesterol increased (12 people, 27.27%)
- Hypertension (12 people, 27.27%)
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (8 people, 18.18%)
- Depression (7 people, 15.91%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (7 people, 15.91%)
- Insomnia (4 people, 9.09%)
- Arthritis (4 people, 9.09%)
- Dyspepsia (4 people, 9.09%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (3 people, 6.82%)
- Diabetes mellitus (3 people, 6.82%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Synthroid (25 people, 56.82%)
- Spiriva (10 people, 22.73%)
- Lipitor (9 people, 20.45%)
- Levoxyl (6 people, 13.64%)
- Lasix (6 people, 13.64%)
- Levothyroxine sodium (6 people, 13.64%)
- Ambien (5 people, 11.36%)
- Aspirin (5 people, 11.36%)
- Prilosec (5 people, 11.36%)
- Sertraline (4 people, 9.09%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hypothyroidism and Dry Throat?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Dry Throat and Hypothyroidism
- support group for people who have Hypothyroidism
- support group for people who have Dry Throat
Comments from related studies:
From this study (12 months ago):
I am an opera singer, and I am experiencing a burning sensation in my throat not just when I sing. I was thinking it was because I had been singing too much, but it has been ongoing for about a month.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Omeprazole or pantoprazole?
I take an oral contraceptive, Diane-35 ED, which is not in the list of drugs to choose from on this site.
Recently, the medication I was taking for my stomach ulcer (Omeprazole) became unavailable in my country of residence and was replaced by Patoprazole. I started taking it yesterday morning a ...
- Has anyone been prescribed methotrexate for granuloma annulare?
I have had GA for 2 years now, however it has gotten progressively worse the past 6 months. It has now spread over 80% of my body. I am seeing an Endocrinologist next week as I believe my thyroid may play a big role in this. My Regular Dr. suggested I speak to Endocrinologist about a drug called Met ...
- I have been on armour 8 days started at 1 grain after having been on 88 mcg synthroid.
Was on 88mcg synthroid. Test was 4.75 tsh and low t3 3.3. Switched 8 days ago to 1 grain armour and now feel shaky. Pulse 90. Had diarrhea and vomiting last night at 1 in am. Is it working too fast? Felt good earlier in week and slept all night for first time in months.
More questions for: Hypothyroidism, Dry throat
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Shortness of breath after taking levothyroxine for 8-10 yrs.
I have been experiencing shortness of breath lately when taking the levothyroxine. If I stop taking it for a couple of days my shortness of breath is pretty much gone.
- My memory loss due to omeprazole
I took omeprazole for 20 years until I developed edema of the lower extremities. I started having memory problems right away and they still persist even though I have not taken omeprazole now for about 6 yrs. I am hoping it will dissipate or clear my system. I do not have a constant memory proble ...
- Lipitor bad reaction
I was on lipitor for 5 years started at 10mg and the headaches started. At 5 years on I was up to 80mg and had severe migraines every day. Was also diagnosed with hypothyroidism and given synthroid. Also had a prescription for migraine meds that did nothing. My daughter found out she and her kids ha ...
More reviews for: Hypothyroidism, Dry throat
Common treatments for Hypothyroidism and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Hypothyroidism symptoms:
- Weariness in Hypothyroidism (2,219 reports)
- Nausea in Hypothyroidism (1,856 reports)
- Loss Of Balance in Hypothyroidism (1,778 reports)
- Difficulty In Breathing in Hypothyroidism (1,682 reports)
- Muscle Weakness in Hypothyroidism (1,531 reports)
- Pain - Head in Hypothyroidism (1,499 reports)
- Drug Ineffective in Hypothyroidism (1,384 reports)
- Feeling Uptight in Hypothyroidism (1,371 reports)
- Diarrhoea in Hypothyroidism (1,366 reports)
- High Blood Pressure in Hypothyroidism (1,328 reports)
Dry Throat related symptom studies:
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Klonopin, Albuterol Sulfate, Amlodipine Besylate, Losartan Potassium, Xarelto, Phenergan for a 50-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder, Wheezing , Hypertension , Pulmonary Artery Thrombosis, Nausea (4 minutes ago)
- Prilosec, Paxil for a 49-year old woman who has Acid Reflux, Anxiety Disorder (47 minutes ago)
- Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide for a 58-year old woman who has Numbness And Tingling (52 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Vomiting and Fibromyalgia
- Enbrel and Bone Fragmentation
- Topamax and Localised Osteoarthritis
- Gout and Metolazone
- Omeprazole and Urine Odor
Recent user comments
- "High Blood pressure
Pulmonary Embolism approximately ... " (7 minutes ago)
- "lips have been sort of numb and eyes feel like they a ... " (55 minutes ago)
- "Started using omeprazole 2 months ago. Just noticed s ... " (1 hour ago)
- Sertraline Hydrochloride
- Warfarin Sodium
- Cushing's Syndrome