Home > Hypothyroidism > Fainting > Hypothyroidism and Fainting
Review: could Hypothyroidism cause Fainting?
We study 33,059 people who have Hypothyroidism from FDA and social media. Among them, 374 have Fainting. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Hypothyroidism and Fainting >>>
Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development) (latest reports from 130,015 patients) can be treated by Synthroid, Levothyroxine Sodium, Levoxyl, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Levothroid, Cytomel.
Fainting (loss of consciousness and postural tone) (latest reports from 319,091 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, pain, multiple sclerosis.
On Oct, 28, 2014: 33,059 people who have hypothyroidism are studied. Among them, 374 (1.13%) have Fainting.
Gender of people who have hypothyroidism and experienced Fainting * :
Age of people who have hypothyroidism and experienced Fainting * :
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Hypertension (126 people, 33.69%)
- Depression (66 people, 17.65%)
- Osteoporosis (58 people, 15.51%)
- Diabetes mellitus (33 people, 8.82%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (28 people, 7.49%)
- Hyperlipidaemia (25 people, 6.68%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (22 people, 5.88%)
- Pain (21 people, 5.61%)
- Insomnia (21 people, 5.61%)
- Cardiac failure (20 people, 5.35%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Levothyroxine sodium (148 people, 39.57%)
- Synthroid (131 people, 35.03%)
- Fosamax (56 people, 14.97%)
- Aspirin (45 people, 12.03%)
- Lasix (39 people, 10.43%)
- Simvastatin (38 people, 10.16%)
- Levoxyl (31 people, 8.29%)
- Coumadin (30 people, 8.02%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (29 people, 7.75%)
- Ramipril (25 people, 6.68%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hypothyroidism and Fainting?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Fainting and Hypothyroidism
- support group for people who have Hypothyroidism
- support group for people who have Fainting
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Omeprazole or pantoprazole?
I take an oral contraceptive, Diane-35 ED, which is not in the list of drugs to choose from on this site.
Recently, the medication I was taking for my stomach ulcer (Omeprazole) became unavailable in my country of residence and was replaced by Patoprazole. I started taking it yesterday morning a ...
- Has anyone been prescribed methotrexate for granuloma annulare?
I have had GA for 2 years now, however it has gotten progressively worse the past 6 months. It has now spread over 80% of my body. I am seeing an Endocrinologist next week as I believe my thyroid may play a big role in this. My Regular Dr. suggested I speak to Endocrinologist about a drug called Met ...
- I have been on armour 8 days started at 1 grain after having been on 88 mcg synthroid.
Was on 88mcg synthroid. Test was 4.75 tsh and low t3 3.3. Switched 8 days ago to 1 grain armour and now feel shaky. Pulse 90. Had diarrhea and vomiting last night at 1 in am. Is it working too fast? Felt good earlier in week and slept all night for first time in months.
More questions for: Hypothyroidism, Fainting
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Shortness of breath after taking levothyroxine for 8-10 yrs.
I have been experiencing shortness of breath lately when taking the levothyroxine. If I stop taking it for a couple of days my shortness of breath is pretty much gone.
- My memory loss due to omeprazole
I took omeprazole for 20 years until I developed edema of the lower extremities. I started having memory problems right away and they still persist even though I have not taken omeprazole now for about 6 yrs. I am hoping it will dissipate or clear my system. I do not have a constant memory proble ...
- Lipitor bad reaction
I was on lipitor for 5 years started at 10mg and the headaches started. At 5 years on I was up to 80mg and had severe migraines every day. Was also diagnosed with hypothyroidism and given synthroid. Also had a prescription for migraine meds that did nothing. My daughter found out she and her kids ha ...
More reviews for: Hypothyroidism, Fainting
Common treatments for Hypothyroidism and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Hypothyroidism symptoms:
- Lethargy in Hypothyroidism (2,219 reports)
- Nausea in Hypothyroidism (1,860 reports)
- Dizziness in Hypothyroidism (1,784 reports)
- Dyspnea in Hypothyroidism (1,673 reports)
- Muscular Weakness in Hypothyroidism (1,537 reports)
- Pain - Head in Hypothyroidism (1,491 reports)
- Not Effective in Hypothyroidism (1,384 reports)
- Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension in Hypothyroidism (1,372 reports)
- Diarrhea in Hypothyroidism (1,351 reports)
- Blood Pressure - High in Hypothyroidism (1,328 reports)
Fainting related symptom studies:
Recent related drug studies on eHealthMe:
- A study of drug interactions between Folate, Multivitamin, Vitamin D, Pregabalin, Ondansetron, Omeprazole, Metronidazole, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Fluticasone Propionate, Zorvolex, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Levothyroxine Sodium, Prednisone for a patient with Folate Deficiency, Vitamin D Deficiency, Vitamin D Decreased, Fibromyalgia, For Nausea From Crohns, Antacid Therapy, Female Genital-digestive Tract Fistula, Back Pain, Sinusitis, Gel For Arthritis Pain, Migraine, Hypothyroidism, Inflammation. The patient has Fever, Vomiting, Lightheadedness - Fainting, Lightheadedness - Dizzy, Tachycardia
- A study of drug interactions between Clonazepam, Lunesta, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Montelukast Sodium, Metformin, Armour Thyroid, Lyrica, Ropinirole Hydrochloride, Hydrocortisone, Pradaxa for a patient with Anxiety, Sleep Disorder, Shortness Of Breath, Diabetes, Hypothyroidism, Fibromyalgia, Restlessness, Adrenal Insufficiency, Embolism. The patient has Syncope
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall, Synthroid, Lamictal, Fluoxetine for a patient with Hypersomnia, Hypothyroidism, Depression. The patient has Anxiety, Nausea, Fainting, Dizziness, Ringing In The Ears
More related studies for: Hypothyroidism, Fainting
Recent Hypothyroidism related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Hypothyroidism, Fainting
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin C, Lansoprazole, Chlorpheniramine Maleate, Ibuprofen, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 57-year old woman who has Vitamin B2 Deficiency, Vitamin C Deficiency, Reflux Oesophagitis, Chronic Rhinitis, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, IBS (57 minutes ago)
- Compare Ambien Cr and Adderall Xr 20 and Effexor Xr for a 33-year old woman (1 hour ago)
- Doxycycline for a 25-year old man who has Acne-like Skin Bumps (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Fluoxetine and Sildenafil Citrate
- Actemra and Depression
- Solu-medrol and Als
- Escitalopram and Burning Sensation
Recent user comments
- "I gave myself 2 injections of Humira one on each thig ... " (5 hours ago)
- "Increase blood glucose while taking herceptin treatme ... " (6 hours ago)
- "It has been almost two months that abovementoined sym ... " (9 hours ago)
- Mentha Lavanduliodora
- Abscess Intestinal
- Allergenic Desensitisation Procedure
- Wellbutrin Sr (glaxosmithkline) 200mg