Review: could Hypothyroidism cause Herniated nucleus pulposus (slipped disk)?
We study 32,880 people who have Hypothyroidism from FDA and social media. Among them, 55 have Herniated nucleus pulposus (slipped disk). Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Stay connected: join a mobile support group for people who have Hypothyroidism and Herniated nucleus pulposus (slipped disk) >>>
Hypothyroidism (latest reports from 129,603 patients) can be treated by Synthroid, Levothyroxine Sodium, Levoxyl, Levothroid, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Cytomel.
Herniated nucleus pulposus (slipped disk)
Herniated nucleus pulposus (slipped disk) (latest reports from 17,769 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, osteopenia, high blood pressure, pain, back pain.
On Aug, 28, 2014: 32,880 people who have hypothyroidism are studied. Among them, 55 (0.17%) have Herniated Nucleus Pulposus (slipped Disk). They amount to 0.31% of all the 17,769 people who have Herniated Nucleus Pulposus (slipped Disk) on eHealthMe.
Gender of people who have hypothyroidism and experienced Herniated nucleus pulposus (slipped disk) * :
|Herniated nucleus pulposus (slipped disk)||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have hypothyroidism and experienced Herniated nucleus pulposus (slipped disk) * :
|Herniated nucleus pulposus (slipped disk)||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||6.25%||64.58%||31.25% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Herniated nucleus pulposus (slipped disk)||0.00%||66.67%||33.33%||0.00% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (46 people, 83.64%)
- Osteopenia (38 people, 69.09%)
- Hormone replacement therapy (16 people, 29.09%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (15 people, 27.27%)
- Prophylaxis (12 people, 21.82%)
- Polyarthritis (7 people, 12.73%)
- Pain (5 people, 9.09%)
- Depression (4 people, 7.27%)
- Hypertension (4 people, 7.27%)
- Sleep disorder (4 people, 7.27%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Synthroid (49 people, 89.09%)
- Fosamax (47 people, 85.45%)
- Fosamax plus d (22 people, 40.00%)
- Provera (15 people, 27.27%)
- Alendronate sodium (13 people, 23.64%)
- Premarin (12 people, 21.82%)
- Prilosec (12 people, 21.82%)
- Actonel (7 people, 12.73%)
- Medrol (7 people, 12.73%)
- Zometa (4 people, 7.27%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who have Herniated Nucleus Pulposus (slipped Disk) and Hypothyroidism
- group for people who have Hypothyroidism
- group for people who have Herniated Nucleus Pulposus (slipped Disk)
Comments from related studies:
From this study (5 days ago):
Also lumbar radiculopathy. Bilateral proximal muscle weakness of both arms and legs.
From this study (6 days ago):
moderate, sometimes severe, with cramps
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Hypothyroidism, Herniated nucleus pulposus (slipped disk)
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Shortness of breath after taking levothyroxine for 8-10 yrs.
I have been experiencing shortness of breath lately when taking the levothyroxine. If I stop taking it for a couple of days my shortness of breath is pretty much gone.
- My memory loss due to omeprazole
I took omeprazole for 20 years until I developed edema of the lower extremities. I started having memory problems right away and they still persist even though I have not taken omeprazole now for about 6 yrs. I am hoping it will dissipate or clear my system. I do not have a constant memory proble ...
- Lipitor bad reaction
I was on lipitor for 5 years started at 10mg and the headaches started. At 5 years on I was up to 80mg and had severe migraines every day. Was also diagnosed with hypothyroidism and given synthroid. Also had a prescription for migraine meds that did nothing. My daughter found out she and her kids ha ...
More reviews for: Hypothyroidism, Herniated nucleus pulposus (slipped disk)
Common treatments for Hypothyroidism and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Hypothyroidism symptoms:
- Exhaustion in Hypothyroidism (2,214 reports)
- Nausea in Hypothyroidism (1,853 reports)
- Loss Of Balance in Hypothyroidism (1,775 reports)
- Dyspnoea in Hypothyroidism (1,662 reports)
- Weakness in Hypothyroidism (1,529 reports)
- Headaches in Hypothyroidism (1,490 reports)
- Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension in Hypothyroidism (1,389 reports)
- Drug Not Working in Hypothyroidism (1,384 reports)
- Diarrhoea in Hypothyroidism (1,347 reports)
- Hypertension in Hypothyroidism (1,327 reports)
Herniated Nucleus Pulposus (slipped Disk) related symptom studies:
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.