Home > Hypothyroidism > Memory loss > Hypothyroidism and Memory loss
Review: could Hypothyroidism cause Memory loss?
We study 33,040 people who have Hypothyroidism from FDA and social media. Among them, 543 have Memory loss. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who have Hypothyroidism and Memory loss >>>
Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development) (latest reports from 129,276 patients) can be treated by Synthroid, Levothyroxine Sodium, Levoxyl, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Levothroid, Cytomel.
Memory loss (latest reports from 466,972 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, depression, high blood pressure, pain, high blood cholesterol.
On Sep, 25, 2014: 32,958 people who have hypothyroidism are studied. Among them, 542 (1.64%) have Memory Loss.
Gender of people who have hypothyroidism and experienced Memory loss * :
|Memory loss||90.29%||9.71% |
Age of people who have hypothyroidism and experienced Memory loss * :
|Memory loss||0.00%||0.00%||0.41%||3.27%||10.43%||17.79%||28.83%||39.47% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Memory loss||14.86%||56.76%||25.68%||2.70% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Hypertension (119 people, 21.96%)
- Depression (91 people, 16.79%)
- Pain (59 people, 10.89%)
- Anxiety (59 people, 10.89%)
- Insomnia (57 people, 10.52%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (45 people, 8.30%)
- Osteoporosis (40 people, 7.38%)
- Diabetes mellitus (35 people, 6.46%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (27 people, 4.98%)
- Multiple sclerosis (27 people, 4.98%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Synthroid (234 people, 43.17%)
- Levothyroxine sodium (164 people, 30.26%)
- Levoxyl (82 people, 15.13%)
- Aspirin (62 people, 11.44%)
- Vitamin d (43 people, 7.93%)
- Fosamax (38 people, 7.01%)
- Premarin (36 people, 6.64%)
- Nexium (35 people, 6.46%)
- Lipitor (33 people, 6.09%)
- Ambien (31 people, 5.72%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hypothyroidism and Memory Loss?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Memory Loss and Hypothyroidism
- support group for people who have Hypothyroidism
- support group for people who have Memory Loss
Comments from related studies:
From this study (6 months ago):
what drugs could be attributing to my short term memory losss
From this study (9 months ago):
I am worried I will get encephalopathy or go into a comatose state, I also have Hep.C and I carry an auto immune gene from my mother's side of the family. I am Hypothyroid and that is also a cause.
Please provide answers to my question, really appreciate it, it has a profound effect on my decision to keep using the Meth.
From this study (11 months ago):
I already was diagnosed with high anxiety and PTSD my doctor and myself thought it would be safe due to me being on it short term. But it made these symptoms worse and gave me more symptoms, i.e. the hallucinations and confusion. I stopped the Chantix a year ago and still cannot pick up a book to read. Some of my other symptoms I did not put on here due to me already being diagnosed with menopause.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Hypothyroidism, Memory loss
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Shortness of breath after taking levothyroxine for 8-10 yrs.
I have been experiencing shortness of breath lately when taking the levothyroxine. If I stop taking it for a couple of days my shortness of breath is pretty much gone.
- Higher than a kite, and dumber than one of those saying i can no longer remember!
I told my shrink I didn't want to try anymore antidepressants... that they make me crazy-stupid(pristiq), crazy-nympho(wellbutrin), or crazy-sloth(lexapro). I have complex ptsd, did, and gad. I really don't want to take anything... I just want to work out, eat right, and try to put myself back on tr ...
- My memory loss due to omeprazole
I took omeprazole for 20 years until I developed edema of the lower extremities. I started having memory problems right away and they still persist even though I have not taken omeprazole now for about 6 yrs. I am hoping it will dissipate or clear my system. I do not have a constant memory proble ...
More reviews for: Hypothyroidism, Memory loss
Common treatments for Hypothyroidism and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Hypothyroidism symptoms:
- Tiredness in Hypothyroidism (2,219 reports)
- Nausea in Hypothyroidism (1,856 reports)
- Loss Of Balance in Hypothyroidism (1,782 reports)
- Dyspnoea in Hypothyroidism (1,682 reports)
- Weakness in Hypothyroidism (1,531 reports)
- Headache in Hypothyroidism (1,491 reports)
- Drug Ineffective in Hypothyroidism (1,384 reports)
- Apprehension in Hypothyroidism (1,371 reports)
- Stools - Watery in Hypothyroidism (1,350 reports)
- Blood Pressure - High in Hypothyroidism (1,328 reports)
Memory Loss related symptom studies:
- Memory Loss in Anxiety (1,896 reports)
- Memory Loss in Blood cholesterol abnormal (2,511 reports)
- Memory Loss in Blood pressure (2,604 reports)
- Memory Loss in Depression (4,543 reports)
- Memory Loss in Hypertension (2,847 reports)
- Memory Loss in Insomnolence (2,077 reports)
- Memory Loss in Ms (7,712 reports)
- Memory Loss in Osteoporosis (1,745 reports)
- Memory Loss in Pain (2,741 reports)
- Memory Loss in Quit smoking (1,784 reports)
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Vomiting and Fibromyalgia
- Enbrel and Bone Fragmentation
- Topamax and Localised Osteoarthritis
- Gout and Metolazone
- Omeprazole and Urine Odor
Recent user comments
- "High Blood pressure
Pulmonary Embolism approximately ... " (57 minutes ago)
- "lips have been sort of numb and eyes feel like they a ... " (2 hours ago)
- "Started using omeprazole 2 months ago. Just noticed s ... " (2 hours ago)
- Opana Er
- Skin Hyperpigmentation
- Yogaraj Guggul Gum Resin