Home > Hypothyroidism > Memory loss > Hypothyroidism and Memory loss
Would you have Memory loss when you have Hypothyroidism?
Summary: Memory loss is found among people with Hypothyroidism, especially people who are female, 60+ old, also have Hypertension, and take medication Synthroid.
We study 545 people who have Memory loss and Hypothyroidism from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Hypothyroidism and Memory loss >>>
Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development) (latest reports from 43,269 patients) can be treated by Synthroid, Levothyroxine Sodium, Levoxyl, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Levothroid, Armour Thyroid.
Memory loss (latest reports from 469,561 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, depression, high blood pressure, pain, high blood cholesterol.
On Nov, 26, 2014: 545 people who have hypothyroidism and Memory Loss are studied.
Gender of people who have hypothyroidism and experienced Memory loss * :
|Memory loss||90.34%||9.66% |
Age of people who have hypothyroidism and experienced Memory loss * :
|Memory loss||0.00%||0.00%||0.41%||3.25%||10.75%||17.65%||28.60%||39.35% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Memory loss||15.58%||55.84%||24.68%||3.90% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Hypertension (120 people, 22.02%)
- Depression (91 people, 16.70%)
- Pain (60 people, 11.01%)
- Anxiety (59 people, 10.83%)
- Insomnia (57 people, 10.46%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (45 people, 8.26%)
- Osteoporosis (40 people, 7.34%)
- Diabetes mellitus (35 people, 6.42%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (27 people, 4.95%)
- Multiple sclerosis (27 people, 4.95%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Synthroid (235 people, 43.12%)
- Levothyroxine sodium (166 people, 30.46%)
- Levoxyl (82 people, 15.05%)
- Aspirin (63 people, 11.56%)
- Vitamin d (44 people, 8.07%)
- Fosamax (38 people, 6.97%)
- Premarin (36 people, 6.61%)
- Nexium (35 people, 6.42%)
- Lipitor (33 people, 6.06%)
- Ambien (31 people, 5.69%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hypothyroidism and Memory Loss?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Memory Loss and Hypothyroidism
- support group for people who have Hypothyroidism
- support group for people who have Memory Loss
Recent conversations of related support groups:
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is it okay to take co enzyme q 10 with levothyroxine
(Asked by a 66 year old woman who has Hypothyroidism, and takes Levothyroxine Sodium)
Is it okay to take Co Enzyme Q10 with Lovothyroxine. Will it stop my Levothyroxine from working properly. I am also on Simvastaton. Would appreciate any advice on this.
- My sister has been taking depakote cogentin and geodon and suffers with great memory loss inability to carry on a conversation and drops things all the time is this the effect of these drugs?
(Asked by a 55 year old woman who has Halucinations, Talking Out Of Her Head, Sleeping Difficulty, Falling , Memory Loss, and takes Wellbutrin, Prozac, Geodon, Cogentin, Depakote)
Sister takes over 16 perscriptions but the ones mentioned are severe.. due to being bi-polar, and severe agoraphobia and anxiety with depression..is this now her life? Not being able to fully comprehend or remember anything? Dropping things and falling when under the full impact of this medication? ...
- What's wrong with me?
(Asked by a 50 year old woman who has Irritable, Forgetfulness, No Focus, Insomnia , Mind Is Always Racing, Indecisive , Can't Complete Tasks, Impatient)
I have always been very impatient about everything. I'm never on time
I can't get anything accomplished around the house I can't concentrate or focus to get the laundry done or the dishes...I walk in circles most days accomplishing nothing!
Paperwork really stresses me! Wheat her it be for my ki ...
- Does one ever get their memory back after discontinueing the tysabri?
(Asked by a 60 year old woman who has Progressive Relapsing Multiple Sclerosis, Bad Depression, Brain "fog" And "focusing", Short-Term Memory Loss)
vesicare 10mg x1 bupropion 150mg x1
lisinopril 5mg as needed bupropion 300mg x1
fluoxetine 20mg x1 alprazolam 0.5mg - bedtime
vigil 250mg x1 melatonin 3mg - bedtime
aubagio 14mg. x1 diphenhydramine 50mg - bedtime
carvedilol 6.25mg x1 ...
- Omeprazole or pantoprazole?
(Asked by a 39 year old woman who has Hormone Level Nos Abnormal, Hypothyroidism, Tinnitus, Migraine With Aura, Blood Pressure Fluctuation, Insomnia, Ulcer - Stomach, and takes Lasix, Topamax, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Inderal, Pantoprazole)
I take an oral contraceptive, Diane-35 ED, which is not in the list of drugs to choose from on this site.
Recently, the medication I was taking for my stomach ulcer (Omeprazole) became unavailable in my country of residence and was replaced by Patoprazole. I started taking it yesterday morning a ...
More questions for: Hypothyroidism, Memory loss
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Shortness of breath after taking levothyroxine for 8-10 yrs.
(Posted by a 38 year old woman who has Hypothyroidism, and takes Levothyroxine Sodium)
I have been experiencing shortness of breath lately when taking the levothyroxine. If I stop taking it for a couple of days my shortness of breath is pretty much gone.
- Higher than a kite, and dumber than one of those saying i can no longer remember!
(Posted by a 33 year old woman who has Hallucination, Visual, Dissociative Identity Disorder, Disturbance In Attention, Dissociative Amnesia, Hypomania, Sexual Dysfunction, Hallucinations, Nightmares, Memory Loss, Memory Impairment, Tremor, Mydriasis, and takes Pristiq)
I told my shrink I didn't want to try anymore antidepressants... that they make me crazy-stupid(pristiq), crazy-nympho(wellbutrin), or crazy-sloth(lexapro). I have complex ptsd, did, and gad. I really don't want to take anything... I just want to work out, eat right, and try to put myself back on tr ...
- My memory loss due to omeprazole
(Posted by a 70 year old woman who has Hypothyroidism, and takes Omeprazole)
I took omeprazole for 20 years until I developed edema of the lower extremities. I started having memory problems right away and they still persist even though I have not taken omeprazole now for about 6 yrs. I am hoping it will dissipate or clear my system. I do not have a constant memory proble ...
- Epipen and memory loss
(Posted by a 33 year old woman who has Sudden Memory Loss, and takes Epipen)
I have been constantly injected with epipen which has caused severe memory loss.
- Lipitor bad reaction
(Posted by a 63 year old woman who has Severe Migraine, Hypothyroidism, and takes Lipitor)
I was on lipitor for 5 years started at 10mg and the headaches started. At 5 years on I was up to 80mg and had severe migraines every day. Was also diagnosed with hypothyroidism and given synthroid. Also had a prescription for migraine meds that did nothing. My daughter found out she and her kids ha ...
More reviews for: Hypothyroidism, Memory loss
- A study of drug interactions between Codeine, Ibuprofen, Dextroamphetamine Sulfate, Temazepam, Levonorgestrel And Ethinyl Estradiol, Morphine Sulfate, Hydromorphone Hydrochloride, Quetiapine Fumarate, Fluoxetine, Topiramate, Ketamine Hydrochloride, Zonegran for a patient with Pain, Fatigue, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Birth Control, Neuropathic Pain, Depression. The patient has Drowsiness, Vulvovaginal Dryness, Weight Loss, Hallucinations, Mixed, Paranoia, Memory Loss, Anxiety
Comments: I have OCD but after I started Zonegram 50mg bd 3 days ago, I have noticed my anxiety getting increasingly worse and I had a severe panic attack yesterday. The Zonegram has also decreased the severe paranoia I feel with the ketamine but it has introduced some memory loss. Otherwise I feel the best I ...
- A study of drug interactions between Phenergan, Bactrim, Gabapentin, Wellbutrin Xl, Synthroid, Topamax, Prozac for a patient with Nausea, Urinary Tract Infection Enterococcal, Neuropathic Pain, Migraine - Common, Hypothyroidism, Depression. The patient has Muscle Rigidity
Comments: Just started Prozac 4 weeks ago with no side effects. Became ill with UTI, doctor prescribed Bactrim & Phenergan. Within a day, I had severe muscle rigidity in my jaw, neck, shoulders & abdomen. It was not like a "leg cramp" and nothing I have ever experienced. I stopped taking the Prozac and th ...
- A study of side effects of Levothyroxine Sodium for a patient with Hypothyroidism. The patient has Sleep Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition
Comments: Severe stabbing pain between shoulders slightly to the right. Only lasts upto a minute. Attacks infrequent.
Tartar on teeth.
Sweating and chill although usually very cold.
Difficult to maintain weight. Skips meals everyday - habitually only eat dinner in the evening and have done ...
- A study of side effects of Seroquel for a patient with Bipolar Ii Disorder. The patient has Memory Impairment
Comments: Was on 350mg about 4 years ago. Truth is, I do not remember. I have severe short term memory AND long term memory problems. Is this permanent? I honestly couldn't tell you the date my mom and brother died, although it was July of 2000 & 2002. My dad was Christmas Eve 2001 -that's easy to remember. I ...
- A study of drug interactions between Myrbetriq, Pradaxa, Mirtazapine, Lipitor, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Calcium, Namenda Xr, Exelon for a patient with Overactive Bladder, Atrial Fibrillation/flutter, Depression - Elderly, Lower Cholesterol, Hypothyroidism, Osteoporosis And Aging, Senile Dementia. The patient has Confusional State
Comments: My mother has overactive bladder symptoms. She has tried oxybutin, vesicare and now myrbetriq. She had increased confusion with oxybutin and vesicare...so we stopped taking them. Now she has been taking myrbetriq for a week now and I am wondering if I am seeing increased confusion again even thou ...
More related studies for: Hypothyroidism, Memory loss
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.