Would you have Metallic taste (Taste - impaired) when you have Hypothyroidism?
Summary: Metallic taste is found among people with Hypothyroidism, especially people who are female, 50-59 old, also have High blood pressure, and take medication Synthroid.
We study 241 people who have Metallic taste (Taste - impaired) and Hypothyroidism from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Hypothyroidism and Metallic taste >>>
Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development) can be treated by Synthroid, Levothyroxine Sodium, Levoxyl, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Levothroid, Armour Thyroid. (latest reports from 49,613 Hypothyroidism patients)
Metallic taste (a bad taste in the mouth) has been reported by people with insomnia, quit smoking, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, depression. (latest reports from 24,307 Metallic taste patients)
On Mar, 2, 2015: 241 people who have hypothyroidism and Metallic Taste are studied.
Gender of people who have hypothyroidism and experienced Metallic taste * :
|Metallic taste||88.62%||11.38% |
Age of people who have hypothyroidism and experienced Metallic taste * :
|Metallic taste||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||1.87%||7.01%||14.49%||21.96%||54.67% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Metallic taste||0.00%||40.00%||60.00%||0.00% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Hypertension (45 people, 18.67%)
- Depression (37 people, 15.35%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (36 people, 14.94%)
- Osteoporosis (19 people, 7.88%)
- Hormone replacement therapy (17 people, 7.05%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (17 people, 7.05%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (16 people, 6.64%)
- Anxiety (13 people, 5.39%)
- Diabetes mellitus (12 people, 4.98%)
- Asthma (11 people, 4.56%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Synthroid (122 people, 50.62%)
- Levothyroxine sodium (44 people, 18.26%)
- Levoxyl (39 people, 16.18%)
- Fosamax (20 people, 8.30%)
- Chantix (16 people, 6.64%)
- Lipitor (16 people, 6.64%)
- Actonel (14 people, 5.81%)
- Lisinopril (13 people, 5.39%)
- Vitamin e (12 people, 4.98%)
- Aspirin (12 people, 4.98%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of hypothyroidism and metallic taste on
Do you have Hypothyroidism and Metallic Taste?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who have Metallic Taste and Hypothyroidism
- support group for people who have Hypothyroidism
- support group for people who have Metallic taste
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Recent Hypothyroidism related drug comparison:
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.