Home > Hypothyroidism > Metallic taste > Hypothyroidism and Metallic taste
Review: could Hypothyroidism cause Metallic taste (Taste - impaired)?
We study 33,059 people who have Hypothyroidism from FDA and social media. Among them, 241 have Metallic taste (Taste - impaired). Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Hypothyroidism and Metallic taste >>>
Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development) (latest reports from 130,015 patients) can be treated by Synthroid, Levothyroxine Sodium, Levoxyl, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Levothroid, Cytomel.
Metallic taste (a bad taste in the mouth) (latest reports from 160,175 patients) has been reported by people with insomnia, quit smoking, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, depression.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 33,059 people who have hypothyroidism are studied. Among them, 241 (0.73%) have Metallic Taste.
Gender of people who have hypothyroidism and experienced Metallic taste * :
|Metallic taste||88.62%||11.38% |
Age of people who have hypothyroidism and experienced Metallic taste * :
|Metallic taste||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||1.88%||7.04%||14.55%||22.07%||54.93% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Metallic taste||0.00%||40.00%||60.00%||0.00% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Hypertension (45 people, 18.67%)
- Depression (37 people, 15.35%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (36 people, 14.94%)
- Osteoporosis (19 people, 7.88%)
- Hormone replacement therapy (17 people, 7.05%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (17 people, 7.05%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (16 people, 6.64%)
- Anxiety (13 people, 5.39%)
- Diabetes mellitus (12 people, 4.98%)
- Asthma (11 people, 4.56%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Synthroid (122 people, 50.62%)
- Levothyroxine sodium (44 people, 18.26%)
- Levoxyl (39 people, 16.18%)
- Fosamax (20 people, 8.30%)
- Chantix (16 people, 6.64%)
- Lipitor (16 people, 6.64%)
- Actonel (14 people, 5.81%)
- Lisinopril (13 people, 5.39%)
- Vitamin e (12 people, 4.98%)
- Aspirin (12 people, 4.98%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hypothyroidism and Metallic Taste?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Metallic Taste and Hypothyroidism
- support group for people who have Hypothyroidism
- support group for people who have Metallic Taste
Comments from related studies:
From this study (10 months ago):
for more than 10 years, up until 5 months ago blood sugar well controlled on metformin/glyburide. The I had a bad episode with raspberry keytone. resulted in uncontrolled blood sugar.
in the last few months my doctor has added levothyroxine, and is in the process of ramping up to find the correct dose.
From this study (2 years ago):
Foods started tasting different about 9 months ago, but it would come and go. now it has gotten much worse. Virtually nothing tastes like it should. Acidic foods taste very bitter. Others foods are just different.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Omeprazole or pantoprazole?
I take an oral contraceptive, Diane-35 ED, which is not in the list of drugs to choose from on this site.
Recently, the medication I was taking for my stomach ulcer (Omeprazole) became unavailable in my country of residence and was replaced by Patoprazole. I started taking it yesterday morning a ...
- Has anyone been prescribed methotrexate for granuloma annulare?
I have had GA for 2 years now, however it has gotten progressively worse the past 6 months. It has now spread over 80% of my body. I am seeing an Endocrinologist next week as I believe my thyroid may play a big role in this. My Regular Dr. suggested I speak to Endocrinologist about a drug called Met ...
- I have been on armour 8 days started at 1 grain after having been on 88 mcg synthroid.
Was on 88mcg synthroid. Test was 4.75 tsh and low t3 3.3. Switched 8 days ago to 1 grain armour and now feel shaky. Pulse 90. Had diarrhea and vomiting last night at 1 in am. Is it working too fast? Felt good earlier in week and slept all night for first time in months.
More questions for: Hypothyroidism, Metallic taste
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Shortness of breath after taking levothyroxine for 8-10 yrs.
I have been experiencing shortness of breath lately when taking the levothyroxine. If I stop taking it for a couple of days my shortness of breath is pretty much gone.
- Celebrex and taste loss
Following foot surgery, I have taken Celebrex for most of the last 4 months. I can no longer taste or smell. I just started a Z pack for a sinus problem and am hoping that will clear any infection that could be contributing to this loss. I have also stopped taking Celebrex in the meantime.
- My memory loss due to omeprazole
I took omeprazole for 20 years until I developed edema of the lower extremities. I started having memory problems right away and they still persist even though I have not taken omeprazole now for about 6 yrs. I am hoping it will dissipate or clear my system. I do not have a constant memory proble ...
More reviews for: Hypothyroidism, Metallic taste
Common treatments for Hypothyroidism and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Hypothyroidism symptoms:
- Weariness in Hypothyroidism (2,219 reports)
- Nausea in Hypothyroidism (1,860 reports)
- Dizziness in Hypothyroidism (1,784 reports)
- Short Of Breath in Hypothyroidism (1,673 reports)
- Muscular Weakness in Hypothyroidism (1,537 reports)
- Headache in Hypothyroidism (1,491 reports)
- Not Effective in Hypothyroidism (1,384 reports)
- Stress in Hypothyroidism (1,372 reports)
- Diarrhea in Hypothyroidism (1,351 reports)
- Blood Pressure - High in Hypothyroidism (1,328 reports)
Metallic Taste related symptom studies:
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Compare Allegra and Vitamin E for a 58-year old woman (26 minutes ago)
- Xarelto for a 68-year old man who has DVT (35 minutes ago)
- B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin C, Lansoprazole, Chlorpheniramine Maleate, Ibuprofen, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 57-year old woman who has Vitamin B2 Deficiency, Vitamin C Deficiency, Reflux Oesophagitis, Chronic Rhinitis, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, IBS (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Lithium Carbonate and Vivid Nightmare
- Azathioprine and Total Knee Replacement
- Fluoxetine and Sildenafil Citrate
- Actemra and Depression
- Solu-medrol and Als
Recent user comments
- "I gave myself 2 injections of Humira one on each thig ... " (6 hours ago)
- "Increase blood glucose while taking herceptin treatme ... " (7 hours ago)
- "It has been almost two months that abovementoined sym ... " (10 hours ago)
- Tuberculosis Reactivated
- Numbness And Tingling
- Iritic Melanoma
- Hepatamine 8