Review: could Hypothyroidism cause Partial seizures?
We study 32,898 people who have Hypothyroidism from FDA and social media. Among them, 14 have Partial seizures. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Stay connected: join a mobile support group for people who have Hypothyroidism and Partial seizures >>>
Hypothyroidism (latest reports from 129,627 patients) can be treated by Synthroid, Levothyroxine Sodium, Levoxyl, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Levothroid, Armour Thyroid.
Partial seizures (seizures which affect only a part of the brain at onset) (latest reports from 9,179 patients) has been reported by people with epilepsy, multiple sclerosis, convulsion, depression, high blood pressure.
On Sep, 1, 2014: 32,898 people who have hypothyroidism are studied. Among them, 14 (0.04%) have Partial Seizures. They amount to 0.15% of all the 9,179 people who have Partial Seizures on eHealthMe.
Gender of people who have hypothyroidism and experienced Partial seizures * :
|Partial seizures||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have hypothyroidism and experienced Partial seizures * :
|Partial seizures||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||21.43%||14.29%||21.43% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Partial seizures||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Contraception (6 people, 42.86%)
- Premenstrual syndrome (6 people, 42.86%)
- Heart rate abnormal (6 people, 42.86%)
- Deep vein thrombosis (6 people, 42.86%)
- Depression (5 people, 35.71%)
- Convulsion (3 people, 21.43%)
- Hyperlipidaemia (3 people, 21.43%)
- Seasonal allergy (2 people, 14.29%)
- Fatigue (2 people, 14.29%)
- Multiple sclerosis (2 people, 14.29%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Levoxyl (7 people, 50.00%)
- Pepcid (6 people, 42.86%)
- Yasmin (6 people, 42.86%)
- Amoxicillin (6 people, 42.86%)
- Cytomel (6 people, 42.86%)
- Darvocet (6 people, 42.86%)
- Percocet (6 people, 42.86%)
- Coumadin (6 people, 42.86%)
- Yaz (6 people, 42.86%)
- Levothyroxine sodium (5 people, 35.71%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who have Partial Seizures and Hypothyroidism
- group for people who have Hypothyroidism
- group for people who have Partial Seizures
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 years ago):
I have had seizures for 14 years that are minor. Recently had a major seizure that looked like a stroke, but was in fact a seizure
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Hypothyroidism, Partial seizures
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Shortness of breath after taking levothyroxine for 8-10 yrs.
I have been experiencing shortness of breath lately when taking the levothyroxine. If I stop taking it for a couple of days my shortness of breath is pretty much gone.
- Psychosis, weight loss and topamax
I had a brain hemorrhage in my occipital lobe. It left me with with a partial seizure disorder. The seizures would interrupt my ability to see. I was trying different anti-seizure medication and they all made me more tired and more depressed. My neurologist decided to try topamax. On topamax I ...
- My memory loss due to omeprazole
I took omeprazole for 20 years until I developed edema of the lower extremities. I started having memory problems right away and they still persist even though I have not taken omeprazole now for about 6 yrs. I am hoping it will dissipate or clear my system. I do not have a constant memory proble ...
More reviews for: Hypothyroidism, Partial seizures
Common treatments for Hypothyroidism and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Hypothyroidism symptoms:
- Lethargy in Hypothyroidism (2,214 reports)
- Nausea in Hypothyroidism (1,853 reports)
- Vertigo in Hypothyroidism (1,775 reports)
- Short Of Breath in Hypothyroidism (1,662 reports)
- Muscle Weakness in Hypothyroidism (1,529 reports)
- Frequent Headaches in Hypothyroidism (1,490 reports)
- Jitters in Hypothyroidism (1,389 reports)
- Drug Ineffective in Hypothyroidism (1,384 reports)
- Frequent Bowel Movements in Hypothyroidism (1,347 reports)
- High Blood Pressure in Hypothyroidism (1,327 reports)
Partial Seizures related symptom studies:
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.