Review: could Hypothyroidism cause Psoriasis?
We study 32,810 people who have Hypothyroidism from FDA and social media. Among them, 151 have Psoriasis. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Stay connected: join a mobile support group for people who have Hypothyroidism and Psoriasis >>>
Hypothyroidism (latest reports from 129,450 patients) is typically treated by Synthroid, Levothyroxine Sodium, Levoxyl, Levothroid, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Armour Thyroid.
Psoriasis (immune-mediated disease that affects the skin) (latest reports from 127,760 patients) has been reported by people with psoriatic arthropathy, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, crohn's disease, high blood cholesterol.
On Jul, 12, 2014: 32,758 people who have hypothyroidism are studied. Among them, 152 (0.46%) have Psoriasis. They amount to 0.12% of all the 127,570 people who have Psoriasis on eHealthMe.
Gender of people who have hypothyroidism and experienced Psoriasis * :
Age of people who have hypothyroidism and experienced Psoriasis * :
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Hypertension (48 people, 31.58%)
- Psoriatic arthropathy (44 people, 28.95%)
- Diabetes mellitus (26 people, 17.11%)
- Depression (23 people, 15.13%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (22 people, 14.47%)
- Pain (19 people, 12.50%)
- Vitamin supplementation (18 people, 11.84%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (16 people, 10.53%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (14 people, 9.21%)
- Anxiety (13 people, 8.55%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Humira (96 people, 63.16%)
- Levothyroxine sodium (60 people, 39.47%)
- Synthroid (52 people, 34.21%)
- Aspirin (19 people, 12.50%)
- Vitamin d (17 people, 11.18%)
- Lisinopril (15 people, 9.87%)
- Methotrexate (13 people, 8.55%)
- Simvastatin (13 people, 8.55%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (12 people, 7.89%)
- Glipizide (10 people, 6.58%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who have Psoriasis and Hypothyroidism
- group for people who have Hypothyroidism
Common treatments for Hypothyroidism and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 years ago):
Hypothyrodism caused dry skin. Initially my lower lip split and wouldn't heal. I now have a patch of skin that carries the same symptoms and looks like psoriasis. This has happened since taking Levothyroxine and lasted for 5 years.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Will the herb hca in garcinia cambogia cause liver damage or in cases be fatal
I take synthroid once a day for my diabetes im on insulin at bedtime and the janumet twice daily. will the garcinia cambogia xt interfere with my meds. also I read from a consumers on health that the HCA in the supplement could damage the liver and in one was fatal. do yu think I should be taking t ...
- Is synthroid and milk thistle safe?
I was reviewing the case studies of Synthroid and Milk Thistle and I am not sure I am reading it correctly. I hope the information is incorrect regarding the studies with concurrent use of these drugs. I took one dose of Milk Thistle and it occurred to me that I probably should research to make sure ...
- What drug can be substitute for metoprolol with psoriasis
My psoriasis got worse after being started on metoprolol in 2005. What drug can be substituted for metoprolol. My other medications for hypertension are losartan, chlorthalisone, nifedipine.
More questions for: Hypothyroidism, Psoriasis
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- How an integrative wellness approach cured me of insomnia, ibs, and more
For 10+ years, I suffered with insomnia and a host of other problems including intestinal distress, headaches, psoriasis, anxiety, cognitive issues, hypothyroid, chronic itching, restless leg, etc. Traditional medicine, aka taking drugs, was not working to heal me. Since childhood, I’ve had IBS, h ...
- Psoratic arthritis and trigeminal neuralgia
hi i suffer from psorisis and psoratic athritis i was just diagnosed with trigeminal neuralgia i was looking for the connection between the two and i see that there is one from your study
the thing is all 13 people in the study said to have psoriatic arthropathy yet only one said to have psoratic a ...
- My memory loss due to omeprazole
I took omeprazole for 20 years until I developed edema of the lower extremities. I started having memory problems right away and they still persist even though I have not taken omeprazole now for about 6 yrs. I am hoping it will dissipate or clear my system. I do not have a constant memory proble ...
More reviews for: Hypothyroidism, Psoriasis
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.