Review: could Hypothyroidism cause Psoriasis?
We study 32,898 people who have Hypothyroidism from FDA and social media. Among them, 151 have Psoriasis. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Stay connected: join a mobile support group for people who have Hypothyroidism and Psoriasis >>>
Hypothyroidism (latest reports from 129,662 patients) can be treated by Synthroid, Levothyroxine Sodium, Levoxyl, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Levothroid, Armour Thyroid.
Psoriasis (immune-mediated disease that affects the skin) (latest reports from 127,757 patients) has been reported by people with psoriatic arthropathy, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, crohn's disease, high blood cholesterol.
On Aug, 12, 2014: 32,844 people who have hypothyroidism are studied. Among them, 152 (0.46%) have Psoriasis. They amount to 0.12% of all the 127,790 people who have Psoriasis on eHealthMe.
Gender of people who have hypothyroidism and experienced Psoriasis * :
Age of people who have hypothyroidism and experienced Psoriasis * :
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Hypertension (48 people, 31.58%)
- Psoriatic arthropathy (44 people, 28.95%)
- Diabetes mellitus (26 people, 17.11%)
- Depression (23 people, 15.13%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (22 people, 14.47%)
- Pain (19 people, 12.50%)
- Vitamin supplementation (18 people, 11.84%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (16 people, 10.53%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (14 people, 9.21%)
- Anxiety (13 people, 8.55%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Humira (96 people, 63.16%)
- Levothyroxine sodium (60 people, 39.47%)
- Synthroid (52 people, 34.21%)
- Aspirin (19 people, 12.50%)
- Vitamin d (17 people, 11.18%)
- Lisinopril (15 people, 9.87%)
- Methotrexate (13 people, 8.55%)
- Simvastatin (13 people, 8.55%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (12 people, 7.89%)
- Glipizide (10 people, 6.58%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
Get connected! Join a mobile support group to help out with your experience or learn from others anytime and anywhere:
- group for people who have Psoriasis and Hypothyroidism
- group for people who have Hypothyroidism
- group for people who have Psoriasis
Common treatments for Hypothyroidism and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 years ago):
Hypothyrodism caused dry skin. Initially my lower lip split and wouldn't heal. I now have a patch of skin that carries the same symptoms and looks like psoriasis. This has happened since taking Levothyroxine and lasted for 5 years.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Has anyone been prescribed methotrexate for granuloma annulare?
I have had GA for 2 years now, however it has gotten progressively worse the past 6 months. It has now spread over 80% of my body. I am seeing an Endocrinologist next week as I believe my thyroid may play a big role in this. My Regular Dr. suggested I speak to Endocrinologist about a drug called Met ...
- I have been on armour 8 days started at 1 grain after having been on 88 mcg synthroid.
Was on 88mcg synthroid. Test was 4.75 tsh and low t3 3.3. Switched 8 days ago to 1 grain armour and now feel shaky. Pulse 90. Had diarrhea and vomiting last night at 1 in am. Is it working too fast? Felt good earlier in week and slept all night for first time in months.
- How long did the hives/itching eyes last?
had back to back allergic reactions to iv abx - after clinda (april 2014) developed sjs - still having hives around my eyes, watering, and severe itching. have been on 4x dose zyrtec, prn benadryl. when will this go away?
More questions for: Hypothyroidism, Psoriasis
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- How an integrative wellness approach cured me of insomnia, ibs, and more
For 10+ years, I suffered with insomnia and a host of other problems including intestinal distress, headaches, psoriasis, anxiety, cognitive issues, hypothyroid, chronic itching, restless leg, etc. Traditional medicine, aka taking drugs, was not working to heal me. Since childhood, I’ve had IBS, h ...
- Psoratic arthritis and trigeminal neuralgia
hi i suffer from psorisis and psoratic athritis i was just diagnosed with trigeminal neuralgia i was looking for the connection between the two and i see that there is one from your study
the thing is all 13 people in the study said to have psoriatic arthropathy yet only one said to have psoratic a ...
- My memory loss due to omeprazole
I took omeprazole for 20 years until I developed edema of the lower extremities. I started having memory problems right away and they still persist even though I have not taken omeprazole now for about 6 yrs. I am hoping it will dissipate or clear my system. I do not have a constant memory proble ...
More reviews for: Hypothyroidism, Psoriasis
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.