Home > Hypothyroidism > Red face > Hypothyroidism and Red face
Review: could Hypothyroidism cause Red face (Skin blushing/flushing)?
We study 33,040 people who have Hypothyroidism from FDA and social media. Among them, 356 have Red face (Skin blushing/flushing). Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who have Hypothyroidism and Red face >>>
Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development) (latest reports from 129,276 patients) can be treated by Synthroid, Levothyroxine Sodium, Levoxyl, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Levothroid, Cytomel.
Red face (a sudden reddening of the face, neck) (latest reports from 377,280 patients) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, high density lipoprotein decreased, low density lipoprotein increased, high blood pressure, hyperlipidaemia.
On Oct, 13, 2014: 33,018 people who have hypothyroidism are studied. Among them, 356 (1.08%) have Red Face.
Gender of people who have hypothyroidism and experienced Red face * :
|Red face||74.93%||25.07% |
Age of people who have hypothyroidism and experienced Red face * :
|Red face||0.36%||0.00%||1.81%||1.09%||7.25%||13.77%||34.78%||41.30% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Red face||0.00%||43.75%||25.00%||31.25% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Hypertension (124 people, 34.83%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (109 people, 30.62%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (43 people, 12.08%)
- Blood triglycerides increased (42 people, 11.80%)
- Vitamin supplementation (37 people, 10.39%)
- Depression (36 people, 10.11%)
- High density lipoprotein decreased (32 people, 8.99%)
- Diabetes mellitus (28 people, 7.87%)
- Prophylaxis (26 people, 7.30%)
- Anxiety (24 people, 6.74%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Synthroid (152 people, 42.70%)
- Niaspan (133 people, 37.36%)
- Levothyroxine sodium (115 people, 32.30%)
- Aspirin (65 people, 18.26%)
- Levoxyl (42 people, 11.80%)
- Lisinopril (39 people, 10.96%)
- Simcor (26 people, 7.30%)
- Fish oil (23 people, 6.46%)
- Nexium (20 people, 5.62%)
- Plavix (20 people, 5.62%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hypothyroidism and Red Face?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Red Face and Hypothyroidism
- support group for people who have Hypothyroidism
- support group for people who have Red Face
Comments from related studies:
From this study (4 weeks ago):
The extremely red arms and face looks like a sunburn.
From this study (4 weeks ago):
The extremely red arms and face looks like a sunburn
From this study (6 months ago):
I'm just checking my hunch about the reaction. I took the dexamethasone around 9:30 and the lortab around 12:30. By 1pm my face had started swelling and a red rash started along the laugh lines under the cheeks and started spreading rapidly. It was really hot and just looked like one giant hive. I took two Benadryl and I can't tell that it helped any at all. The redness went partially on to my neck and forehead, also my chin. I put cortisone cream on it around 7:00. Still no relief.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Omeprazole or pantoprazole?
I take an oral contraceptive, Diane-35 ED, which is not in the list of drugs to choose from on this site.
Recently, the medication I was taking for my stomach ulcer (Omeprazole) became unavailable in my country of residence and was replaced by Patoprazole. I started taking it yesterday morning a ...
- Has anyone been prescribed methotrexate for granuloma annulare?
I have had GA for 2 years now, however it has gotten progressively worse the past 6 months. It has now spread over 80% of my body. I am seeing an Endocrinologist next week as I believe my thyroid may play a big role in this. My Regular Dr. suggested I speak to Endocrinologist about a drug called Met ...
- I have been on armour 8 days started at 1 grain after having been on 88 mcg synthroid.
Was on 88mcg synthroid. Test was 4.75 tsh and low t3 3.3. Switched 8 days ago to 1 grain armour and now feel shaky. Pulse 90. Had diarrhea and vomiting last night at 1 in am. Is it working too fast? Felt good earlier in week and slept all night for first time in months.
More questions for: Hypothyroidism, Red face
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Shortness of breath after taking levothyroxine for 8-10 yrs.
I have been experiencing shortness of breath lately when taking the levothyroxine. If I stop taking it for a couple of days my shortness of breath is pretty much gone.
- My memory loss due to omeprazole
I took omeprazole for 20 years until I developed edema of the lower extremities. I started having memory problems right away and they still persist even though I have not taken omeprazole now for about 6 yrs. I am hoping it will dissipate or clear my system. I do not have a constant memory proble ...
- Lipitor bad reaction
I was on lipitor for 5 years started at 10mg and the headaches started. At 5 years on I was up to 80mg and had severe migraines every day. Was also diagnosed with hypothyroidism and given synthroid. Also had a prescription for migraine meds that did nothing. My daughter found out she and her kids ha ...
More reviews for: Hypothyroidism, Red face
Common treatments for Hypothyroidism and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Hypothyroidism symptoms:
- Exhaustion in Hypothyroidism (2,219 reports)
- Nausea in Hypothyroidism (1,856 reports)
- Vertigo in Hypothyroidism (1,782 reports)
- Breathlessness in Hypothyroidism (1,682 reports)
- Muscle Weakness in Hypothyroidism (1,531 reports)
- Pain - Head in Hypothyroidism (1,491 reports)
- Drug Not Working in Hypothyroidism (1,384 reports)
- Feeling Uptight in Hypothyroidism (1,371 reports)
- Frequent Bowel Movements in Hypothyroidism (1,350 reports)
- Htn in Hypothyroidism (1,328 reports)
Red Face related symptom studies:
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.