Would you have Red face (Skin blushing/flushing) when you have Hypothyroidism?
Summary: Red face is found among people with Hypothyroidism, especially people who are female, 40-49 old, also have High blood pressure, and take medication Synthroid.
We study 356 people who have Red face (Skin blushing/flushing) and Hypothyroidism from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who have Hypothyroidism and Red face >>>
Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development) can be treated by Synthroid, Levothyroxine Sodium, Levoxyl, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Levothroid, Armour Thyroid. (latest reports from 49,666 Hypothyroidism patients)
Red face (a sudden reddening of the face, neck) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, high density lipoprotein decreased, low density lipoprotein increased, high blood pressure, hyperlipidaemia. (latest reports from 45,039 Red face patients)
On Apr, 18, 2015: 356 people who have hypothyroidism and Red Face are studied.
Gender of people who have hypothyroidism and experienced Red face * :
|Red face||74.93%||25.07% |
Age of people who have hypothyroidism and experienced Red face * :
|Red face||0.36%||0.00%||1.81%||1.08%||7.22%||13.72%||34.66%||41.16% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Red face||0.00%||43.75%||25.00%||31.25% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Hypertension (124 people, 34.83%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (109 people, 30.62%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (43 people, 12.08%)
- Blood triglycerides increased (42 people, 11.80%)
- Vitamin supplementation (37 people, 10.39%)
- Depression (36 people, 10.11%)
- High density lipoprotein decreased (32 people, 8.99%)
- Diabetes mellitus (28 people, 7.87%)
- Prophylaxis (26 people, 7.30%)
- Anxiety (24 people, 6.74%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Synthroid (152 people, 42.70%)
- Niaspan (133 people, 37.36%)
- Levothyroxine sodium (115 people, 32.30%)
- Aspirin (65 people, 18.26%)
- Levoxyl (42 people, 11.80%)
- Lisinopril (39 people, 10.96%)
- Simcor (26 people, 7.30%)
- Fish oil (23 people, 6.46%)
- Nexium (20 people, 5.62%)
- Plavix (20 people, 5.62%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of hypothyroidism and red face on
Do you have Hypothyroidism and Red Face?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who have Red Face and Hypothyroidism
- support group for people who have Hypothyroidism
- support group for people who have Red Face
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
- A study of side effects of Cialis for a 65-year old man with Erectile Dysfunction. The patient has Flushing
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Omeprazole, Magnesium, Turmeric, Krill Oil, Miralax, Fluticasone Propionate, Levothyroxine Sodium, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Losartan, Meloxicam, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Atenolol And Chlorthalidone for a 54-year old woman with Blood Thinner, Acid Reflux, Magnesium - Low, Osteoarthritis, High Blood Cholesterol, Constipation, Hay Fever, Hypothyroidism, Depression, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Constipation, Weight Gain
- A study of drug interactions between Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy, Levothyroxine Sodium for a 31-year old woman with Allergy To Mold - Dander - Dust, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Menstruation Irregular
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin E, Vitamin C, Aloe, Toprol-xl, Synthroid for a 80-year old woman with General Health, Heartburn, Hypertension, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Feeling Cold, Frequent Bowel Movements, Lightheadedness - Fainting, Tingling Of Head And Body
- A study of drug interactions between Levothyroxine Sodium, Paroxetine Hydrochloride for a 46-year old woman with Hypothyroidism, Stress At Work. The patient has Anxiety And Stress
Recent Hypothyroidism related drug comparison:
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.