Home > Hypothyroidism > Ringing in the ears > Hypothyroidism and Ringing in the ears
Review: could Hypothyroidism cause Ringing in the ears (Tinnitus)?
We study 32,988 people who have Hypothyroidism from FDA and social media. Among them, 245 have Ringing in the ears (Tinnitus). Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who have Hypothyroidism and Ringing in the ears >>>
Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development) (latest reports from 129,831 patients) can be treated by Synthroid, Levothyroxine Sodium, Levoxyl, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Levothroid, Cytomel.
Ringing in the ears
Ringing in the ears (a ringing in the ears) (latest reports from 115,123 patients) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, stress and anxiety.
On Sep, 17, 2014: 32,936 people who have hypothyroidism are studied. Among them, 245 (0.74%) have Ringing In The Ears.
Gender of people who have hypothyroidism and experienced Ringing in the ears * :
|Ringing in the ears||88.03%||11.97% |
Age of people who have hypothyroidism and experienced Ringing in the ears * :
|Ringing in the ears||0.00%||0.50%||0.00%||1.50%||6.50%||18.50%||21.00%||52.50% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Ringing in the ears||7.14%||44.64%||41.07%||7.14% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (53 people, 21.63%)
- Hypertension (31 people, 12.65%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (25 people, 10.20%)
- Depression (25 people, 10.20%)
- Hypersensitivity (13 people, 5.31%)
- Osteopenia (10 people, 4.08%)
- Pain (10 people, 4.08%)
- Anxiety (10 people, 4.08%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (10 people, 4.08%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (9 people, 3.67%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Synthroid (116 people, 47.35%)
- Levothyroxine sodium (84 people, 34.29%)
- Fosamax (52 people, 21.22%)
- Fosamax plus d (21 people, 8.57%)
- Levothroid (20 people, 8.16%)
- Humira (20 people, 8.16%)
- Boniva (18 people, 7.35%)
- Alendronate sodium (16 people, 6.53%)
- Aspirin (14 people, 5.71%)
- Premarin (14 people, 5.71%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hypothyroidism and Ringing In The Ears?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who have Ringing In The Ears and Hypothyroidism
- group for people who have Hypothyroidism
- group for people who have Ringing In The Ears
Comments from related studies:
From this study (6 months ago):
Im from Brazil and ive been in tinnitus since 2011. Ive recovered it after the using of cetoprofen and aHarpagophytum procumbens (arpadol). Now im usin enbrel for arthritis psoriatic (injection).
From this study (7 months ago):
Synthroid 112 mg has added red color AND SUGAR.I am allergic to red. Changed to 2x50 and 1/2 of 25 mg. STILL SUGARS IS VERY BOTHERING.
Hydroxyzie was very effective for controlling allergies and help with sleep. Tinnitus is most bothering during the day, less in the morning. I am not steady, have ear ache and feel noxious. Also have stomach pain.
MFS is on and off. Less in warmer weather.
From this study (7 months ago):
3rd week taking klonopin .5 mg having bad anxiety feelings and pounding heart beat after waking - did not have that when i started taking this to help me sleep due to the tinnitus
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Omeprazole or pantoprazole?
I take an oral contraceptive, Diane-35 ED, which is not in the list of drugs to choose from on this site.
Recently, the medication I was taking for my stomach ulcer (Omeprazole) became unavailable in my country of residence and was replaced by Patoprazole. I started taking it yesterday morning a ...
- Has anyone been prescribed methotrexate for granuloma annulare?
I have had GA for 2 years now, however it has gotten progressively worse the past 6 months. It has now spread over 80% of my body. I am seeing an Endocrinologist next week as I believe my thyroid may play a big role in this. My Regular Dr. suggested I speak to Endocrinologist about a drug called Met ...
- I have been on armour 8 days started at 1 grain after having been on 88 mcg synthroid.
Was on 88mcg synthroid. Test was 4.75 tsh and low t3 3.3. Switched 8 days ago to 1 grain armour and now feel shaky. Pulse 90. Had diarrhea and vomiting last night at 1 in am. Is it working too fast? Felt good earlier in week and slept all night for first time in months.
More questions for: Hypothyroidism, Ringing in the ears
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Still ill after several years
I became ill several years ago.
It all started with a head cold that lasted a few months and left me with Tinnitus and chronic sinusitis.
After a nose operation and many visits to the doc and hospital, I am no closer to felling better or being cured.
My doc gave me Beconase Aq at first and th ...
- Shortness of breath after taking levothyroxine for 8-10 yrs.
I have been experiencing shortness of breath lately when taking the levothyroxine. If I stop taking it for a couple of days my shortness of breath is pretty much gone.
- My memory loss due to omeprazole
I took omeprazole for 20 years until I developed edema of the lower extremities. I started having memory problems right away and they still persist even though I have not taken omeprazole now for about 6 yrs. I am hoping it will dissipate or clear my system. I do not have a constant memory proble ...
More reviews for: Hypothyroidism, Ringing in the ears
Common treatments for Hypothyroidism and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Hypothyroidism symptoms:
- Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness in Hypothyroidism (2,218 reports)
- Nausea in Hypothyroidism (1,856 reports)
- Dizziness in Hypothyroidism (1,777 reports)
- Breathlessness in Hypothyroidism (1,665 reports)
- Asthenia in Hypothyroidism (1,529 reports)
- Headache in Hypothyroidism (1,490 reports)
- Drug Not Working in Hypothyroidism (1,384 reports)
- Stress in Hypothyroidism (1,371 reports)
- Frequent Bowel Movements in Hypothyroidism (1,347 reports)
- Blood Pressure - High in Hypothyroidism (1,328 reports)
Ringing In The Ears related symptom studies:
Hypothyroidism is also known as: Adult hypothyroidism, Hypothyroid, Hypothyroids, Hypothyroidy, Low Thyroid, Myxedema, Under Active Thyroid, Under Active Thyroids, Underactive Thyroid.
Ringing In The Ears is also known as: Ear buzzing, Noises or buzzing in the ears, Tinnitus.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.