Would you have Ringing in the ears (Tinnitus) when you have Hypothyroidism?
Summary: Ringing in the ears is found among people with Hypothyroidism, especially people who are female, 60+ old, also have Osteoporosis, and take medication Synthroid.
We study 250 people who have Ringing in the ears (Tinnitus) and Hypothyroidism from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Hypothyroidism and Ringing in the ears >>>
Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development) can be treated by Synthroid, Levothyroxine Sodium, Levoxyl, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Levothroid, Armour Thyroid. (latest reports from Hypothyroidism 43,269 patients)
Ringing in the ears
Ringing in the ears (a ringing in the ears) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, stress and anxiety.(latest reports from Ringing in the ears 19,199 patients)
On Nov, 25, 2014: 246 people who have hypothyroidism and Ringing In The Ears are studied.
Gender of people who have hypothyroidism and experienced Ringing in the ears * :
|Ringing in the ears||88.09%||11.91% |
Age of people who have hypothyroidism and experienced Ringing in the ears * :
|Ringing in the ears||0.00%||0.50%||0.00%||1.49%||6.44%||18.81%||20.79%||51.98% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Ringing in the ears||7.02%||45.61%||40.35%||7.02% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (53 people, 21.54%)
- Hypertension (31 people, 12.60%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (25 people, 10.16%)
- Depression (25 people, 10.16%)
- Hypersensitivity (13 people, 5.28%)
- Osteopenia (10 people, 4.07%)
- Pain (10 people, 4.07%)
- Anxiety (10 people, 4.07%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (10 people, 4.07%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (9 people, 3.66%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Synthroid (116 people, 47.15%)
- Levothyroxine sodium (84 people, 34.15%)
- Fosamax (52 people, 21.14%)
- Fosamax plus d (21 people, 8.54%)
- Levothroid (20 people, 8.13%)
- Humira (20 people, 8.13%)
- Boniva (18 people, 7.32%)
- Alendronate sodium (16 people, 6.50%)
- Aspirin (14 people, 5.69%)
- Premarin (14 people, 5.69%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hypothyroidism and Ringing In The Ears?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Ringing In The Ears and Hypothyroidism
- support group for people who have Hypothyroidism
- support group for people who have Ringing In The Ears
Recent conversations of related support groups:
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I have ringing in the ears. is there anyway of getting rid of it?
(Asked by a 61 year old woman who has Tinnitus, and takes Aspirin, Norgesic Forte)
I feel this tinnitus was induced from my taking the norgesic forte, that I no longer take for tension headaches. But I do take over the counter aspirin. Can the tinnitus ever go away?
- Nimotop for curing tinnitus?
(Asked by a 56 year old man who has Tinnitus, and takes Nimotop)
i have tinnitus and the doctor is giving me nimotop 30 mg is this good?
- Can this medication cause the ears to ring?
(Asked by a 57 year old man who has Ringing In The Ears, and takes Protonix)
I developed tinnitus about one year ago. I understand that there is no cure for it. I'm researching it myself. I'm also in a research program that requires me to wear small ear generators. It doesn't seem to help at this time.
- Is it okay to take co enzyme q 10 with levothyroxine
(Asked by a 66 year old woman who has Hypothyroidism, and takes Levothyroxine Sodium)
Is it okay to take Co Enzyme Q10 with Lovothyroxine. Will it stop my Levothyroxine from working properly. I am also on Simvastaton. Would appreciate any advice on this.
- Have you taken levothyroxine and noticed a ringing in your eyes after taking the medication.
(Asked by a 66 year old man who has Tinnitus, and takes Levothyroxine Sodium)
Never had ringing before taking Levothyroxine for thyroid problem.If you have experienced the same please respond when and if you had the same.Thanks
More questions for: Hypothyroidism, Ringing in the ears
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Ringing in the ears from linzess
(Posted by a 23 year old woman who has Ringing In The Ears, and takes Linzess)
I started Linzess about a month ago, taking it about every three days. It was my miracle pill, until recently when I started having ringing in my ears. I am stopping the medication in hopes that the ringing will subside.
- Side effects of using terazosin
(Posted by a 64 year old woman who has Ringing In The Ears, and takes Terazosin Hydrochloride)
I have been on terazosin for 9 days. The ringing in my ears is unbearable, dizzy in the night if I wake up to use the bathroom, intermittent throbbing heartbeat. Also very significant is dramatic decrease in libido and difficulty achieving satisfaction. Dose started at 5 mg at night, reduced to 2 ...
- Still ill after several years (1 response)
(Posted by a 43 year old man who has Sweating, Headache, Vertigo, Restlessness, Throat - Sore, Pain - Joints, Fatigue - Chronic, Tinnitus, Chronic Sinusitis, and takes Beconase Aq)
I became ill several years ago.
It all started with a head cold that lasted a few months and left me with Tinnitus and chronic sinusitis.
After a nose operation and many visits to the doc and hospital, I am no closer to felling better or being cured.
My doc gave me Beconase Aq at first and th ...
- Shortness of breath after taking levothyroxine for 8-10 yrs.
(Posted by a 38 year old woman who has Hypothyroidism, and takes Levothyroxine Sodium)
I have been experiencing shortness of breath lately when taking the levothyroxine. If I stop taking it for a couple of days my shortness of breath is pretty much gone.
- My memory loss due to omeprazole
(Posted by a 70 year old woman who has Hypothyroidism, and takes Omeprazole)
I took omeprazole for 20 years until I developed edema of the lower extremities. I started having memory problems right away and they still persist even though I have not taken omeprazole now for about 6 yrs. I am hoping it will dissipate or clear my system. I do not have a constant memory proble ...
More reviews for: Hypothyroidism, Ringing in the ears
- A study of drug interactions between Xanax, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Adderall, Paxil, Buprenorphine Hydrochloride And Naloxone Hydrochloride, Levothyroxine Sodium for a patient with Anxiety Disorder, Sleep Apnoea Syndrome, Adhd, Depression, Reversal Of Opiate Activity, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Vaginal Mucosal Blistering, Itching, Eye Burning - Itching And Discharge, Vulvovaginal Burning Sensation, Burning Eyes, Pimples
Comments: After 3-4 days of taking adderall or any stimulants I start to get pimple like sores on my scalp, nose,eyes,mouth,face and vaginal area puss comes out of mi eyes and vaginal area.
It seems like every hair follicle or cut becomes clogged and filled with puss. It burns when I use the restroom. My ey ...
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Calcium D - Glucarate, Zinc Sulfate, Echinacea, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Levothyroxine Sodium, Synthetic Conjugated Estrogens A, Valerian, Acetaminophen, Multivitamin, Baclofen, Loratadine, Simvastatin for a patient with AAT Deficiency, Health, Immune System Boost, Mood Swings From Change Of Life, Low Thyroid, Champagne Of Life, Anxiety And Stress, Bone And Joint Pain, Iga Deficiency, Muscle Spasms, Allergic Bronchitis, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Bloody Very Loose Stool, Rectal Bleeding, Lower Abdonminal Pain, High In Pelvic Area
Comments: Bleeding symptoms reduce when off medication for nearly a week. Blood clot type content in loose stool (liquid). blood ranges from very dark to bright in same movement. Amount of blood is concern. There is pain and firm area in between upper pelvic and lower abdomen area that disappears after moveme ...
- A study of drug interactions between Phenergan, Bactrim, Gabapentin, Wellbutrin Xl, Synthroid, Topamax, Prozac for a patient with Nausea, Urinary Tract Infection Enterococcal, Neuropathic Pain, Migraine - Common, Hypothyroidism, Depression. The patient has Muscle Rigidity
Comments: Just started Prozac 4 weeks ago with no side effects. Became ill with UTI, doctor prescribed Bactrim & Phenergan. Within a day, I had severe muscle rigidity in my jaw, neck, shoulders & abdomen. It was not like a "leg cramp" and nothing I have ever experienced. I stopped taking the Prozac and th ...
- A study of side effects of Levothyroxine Sodium for a patient with Hypothyroidism. The patient has Sleep Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition
Comments: Severe stabbing pain between shoulders slightly to the right. Only lasts upto a minute. Attacks infrequent.
Tartar on teeth.
Sweating and chill although usually very cold.
Difficult to maintain weight. Skips meals everyday - habitually only eat dinner in the evening and have done ...
- A study of side effects of Baclofen for a patient with Hereditary Spastic Paraplegia. The patient has Ringing In The Ears (a ringing in the ears)
Comments: Have ringing in the ears and feel that it could not be because of sound it must be because of something else. It is to high it must be of the medicne I eat. Have even ringing in the left ear but very high in my righ. Same type of sound on both sides of the ears ringing sound. Help please?
What me ...
More related studies for: Hypothyroidism, Ringing in the ears
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.