Home > Hypothyroidism > Stomach pain > Hypothyroidism and Stomach pain
Review: could Hypothyroidism cause Stomach pain (Abdominal pain)?
We study 33,040 people who have Hypothyroidism from FDA and social media. Among them, 803 have Stomach pain (Abdominal pain). Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who have Hypothyroidism and Stomach pain >>>
Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development) (latest reports from 129,276 patients) can be treated by Synthroid, Levothyroxine Sodium, Levoxyl, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Levothroid, Cytomel.
Stomach pain (latest reports from 619,318 patients) has been reported by people with birth control, high blood pressure, crohn's disease, pain, osteoporosis.
On Sep, 16, 2014: 32,936 people who have hypothyroidism are studied. Among them, 803 (2.44%) have Stomach Pain.
Gender of people who have hypothyroidism and experienced Stomach pain * :
|Stomach pain||87.53%||12.47% |
Age of people who have hypothyroidism and experienced Stomach pain * :
|Stomach pain||0.00%||0.69%||1.52%||7.19%||11.48%||16.74%||18.81%||43.71% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Stomach pain||5.56%||58.33%||27.78%||8.33% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Hypertension (205 people, 25.53%)
- Depression (115 people, 14.32%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (93 people, 11.58%)
- Pain (92 people, 11.46%)
- Anxiety (90 people, 11.21%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (78 people, 9.71%)
- Osteoporosis (74 people, 9.22%)
- Contraception (60 people, 7.47%)
- Insomnia (59 people, 7.35%)
- Diabetes mellitus (56 people, 6.97%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Synthroid (394 people, 49.07%)
- Levothyroxine sodium (237 people, 29.51%)
- Humira (82 people, 10.21%)
- Yasmin (70 people, 8.72%)
- Aspirin (69 people, 8.59%)
- Levoxyl (63 people, 7.85%)
- Nexium (62 people, 7.72%)
- Yaz (60 people, 7.47%)
- Ambien (57 people, 7.10%)
- Fosamax (55 people, 6.85%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hypothyroidism and Stomach Pain?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Stomach Pain and Hypothyroidism
- support group for people who have Hypothyroidism
- support group for people who have Stomach Pain
Comments from related studies:
From this study (6 months ago):
a month ago developed severe lower back pain which came acoss left front abdominal pain down left groin & pain,pressure in pelvic, bladder area. several test taken with nothing found. took cipro 500 mg 2 x daily for 18 days & antibiotic changed to bactrim 1 week ago asd developed arm & leg severe pain with electric shock sensations & weakness, chills & mild fever
From this study (7 months ago):
sometimes it is worse than other times. the l-thyroxine dose not agree with me lower stomach feels like contractions, pain off and on
From this study (7 months ago):
On and off sharp stomach pain, middle of my stomach down to pubic bone area; lack of appetite; some mild diarrhea: some nausea: dr recommended taking zantac for nausea
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Hypothyroidism, Stomach pain
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Shortness of breath after taking levothyroxine for 8-10 yrs.
I have been experiencing shortness of breath lately when taking the levothyroxine. If I stop taking it for a couple of days my shortness of breath is pretty much gone.
- Paragard and norethindrone acet
I had many reproductive issues arise after the birth of my daughter. Everything from constant swelling, pain an vaginal tearing, pre cancerous tumors. (cervical). I also have mild spots of endometriosis and ovarian cyst all of these are genetic in my family. I also have blood clotting factors so par ...
- My memory loss due to omeprazole
I took omeprazole for 20 years until I developed edema of the lower extremities. I started having memory problems right away and they still persist even though I have not taken omeprazole now for about 6 yrs. I am hoping it will dissipate or clear my system. I do not have a constant memory proble ...
More reviews for: Hypothyroidism, Stomach pain
Common treatments for Hypothyroidism and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Hypothyroidism symptoms:
- Weariness in Hypothyroidism (2,219 reports)
- Nausea in Hypothyroidism (1,856 reports)
- Dizziness in Hypothyroidism (1,778 reports)
- Shortness Of Breath in Hypothyroidism (1,682 reports)
- Lack Of Strength in Hypothyroidism (1,531 reports)
- Headache in Hypothyroidism (1,491 reports)
- Drug Ineffective in Hypothyroidism (1,384 reports)
- Stress And Anxiety in Hypothyroidism (1,371 reports)
- Diarrhoea in Hypothyroidism (1,350 reports)
- Blood Pressure - High in Hypothyroidism (1,328 reports)
Stomach Pain related symptom studies:
- Stomach Pain in Acne (1,478 reports)
- Stomach Pain in Birth control (5,824 reports)
- Stomach Pain in Blood pressure (3,375 reports)
- Stomach Pain in Depression (2,278 reports)
- Stomach Pain in Hypertension (3,597 reports)
- Stomach Pain in Osteoporosis (2,256 reports)
- Stomach Pain in Pain (3,028 reports)
- Stomach Pain in Reduce cholesterol (1,851 reports)
- Stomach Pain in Regional enteritis (3,357 reports)
- Stomach Pain in Rheumatoid arthritis (2,184 reports)
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.