Review: could Hypothyroidism cause Stomach pain?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 9, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.4/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 32,417 people who have Hypothyroidism. Among them, 795 experience Stomach pain (Abdominal pain). See who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Hypothyroidism (latest reports from 126,728 patients) is typically treated by Synthroid, Levothyroxine Sodium, Levoxyl, Levothroid, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Cytomel.
Stomach pain (latest reports from 610,447 patients) has been reported by people with birth control, high blood pressure, crohn's disease, pain, acupuncture and pain.
On Mar, 9, 2014: 32,417 people who have hypothyroidism are studied. Among them, 795 (2.45%) have Stomach Pain. They amount to 0.13% of all the 610,248 people who have Stomach Pain.
Gender of people who have hypothyroidism and experienced Stomach pain * :
|Stomach pain||87.66%||12.34% |
Age of people who have hypothyroidism and experienced Stomach pain * :
|Stomach pain||0.00%||0.70%||1.54%||7.26%||11.45%||16.62%||18.58%||43.85% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Stomach pain||3.57%||60.71%||28.57%||7.14% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Hypothyroidism (785 people, 98.74%)
- Hypertension (205 people, 25.79%)
- Depression (115 people, 14.47%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (93 people, 11.70%)
- Pain (92 people, 11.57%)
- Anxiety (90 people, 11.32%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (78 people, 9.81%)
- Osteoporosis (74 people, 9.31%)
- Contraception (60 people, 7.55%)
- Insomnia (58 people, 7.30%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Synthroid (389 people, 48.93%)
- Levothyroxine sodium (235 people, 29.56%)
- Humira (82 people, 10.31%)
- Yasmin (70 people, 8.81%)
- Aspirin (69 people, 8.68%)
- Levoxyl (63 people, 7.92%)
- Nexium (62 people, 7.80%)
- Yaz (60 people, 7.55%)
- Ambien (57 people, 7.17%)
- Fosamax (55 people, 6.92%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Hypothyroidism, Stomach pain
You can also:
Common treatments for Hypothyroidism and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Browse all Hypothyroidism symptoms from A to Z:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (6 months ago):
Have been using the above medicines and now I have hypercalcemia and high levels for hyperparathyroid. Could they be drug induced?
From this study (4 years ago):
added coreg and now have an issue but not sure if related. that is why i am checking
From this study (5 years ago):
Patient can move about with a walker, laugh, conversate, and stay away during the day. Once patient has consumed these medications, which is the bare minimum of her medications, she is incapable of walking with walker, speaking loud enough, having a conversation, and sleeps all day while slobbing. Patient becomes to weak to stand and sits all day for long periods of time with over sized swollen feet. Patient has a big rash which consumes majority of her left thigh which is very dark. Patient complains about seeing 2 snakes in her bed and around her apartment. Patient also complains about her floor being covered with maggots crawling and men beating her in the head every night even though there is no sign of intrusion or no other person with a key. Lastly, patient becomes disoriented and is not sure of the day or time, nor which bill she may have written checks for.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- How to get relief from sphincter of odi disfunction
I have been diagnosed with SOD for 18 months and am trying to get relief without surgery,Can someone give me some tips on how to relieve the pain.Did any one take any medication which helped .I am thinking of asking for muscle relaxation medication.
- What has helped anyone with 7/24 migraine?
Since menopause, I have suffered with migraines every single day. Prior to menopause, I never even had a headache. I have allergic reactions to many classifications of drugs, and any med in the calcium channel blocker or beta blocker category creates substantial muscle weakness. I now take Gabapenti ...
- What are the weird pains in my belly
I've had this weird belly pain for the past few days now, I've been taking co codamol for a while now which doesn't seem to help, I can't explain the feeling of pain I've never had this before. I thought it was just because I needed a number 2 but that didn't help either :/
More questions for: Hypothyroidism, Stomach pain
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Febrero 2014 - daniel alberto romero
The dosis: Flecainida-Diondel: 100 mg (twice a day) - Pradaxa-Dabigatran Etexilato: 150 mg twice a day - Bisoprolol fumarato-Corbis: 2.5 mg daily
sometimes I get a chest pain and other days an acid sensation coming from the stomach. I assign these drugs as to be the cause as I never felt this wa ...
- Lipitor bad reaction
I was on lipitor for 5 years started at 10mg and the headaches started. At 5 years on I was up to 80mg and had severe migraines every day. Was also diagnosed with hypothyroidism and given synthroid. Also had a prescription for migraine meds that did nothing. My daughter found out she and her kids ha ...
- I'm curing my lichen sclerosis
I took Prempro for about 5 years and then Activella for about 3 years for Menopausal symptoms. My first obvious symptoms of a problem began in 2005 which follow all the classic symptoms of Lichen. I spent thousands on Urology exams, tests, and surgical procedures. And thousands on Gynecological atte ...
More reviews for: Hypothyroidism, Stomach pain
Recent related drug studies on eHealthMe:
- A study of drug interactions between Phentermine, Reglan, Linzess, Spironolactone, Synthroid, Prevacid for a patient with Obesity, Gastroparesis, Swelling, Hypothyroidism, Hiatus Hernia. The patient has Nausea, Numbness And Tingling, Insomnia, Back Pain, Back Pain - Low, Stomach Pain (Abdominal pain), Arthritis
- A study of drug interactions between Coreg, Synthroid, Caduet, Diovan for a patient with Hypertension, Hypothyroidism, Cholesterol. The patient has Abdominal Pain, Fainting, Nausea
- A study of drug interactions between Actoplus Met, Simvastatin, Elavil, Lisinopril, Levalbuterol Hydrochloride, Digoxin for a patient with Blood Sugar Levels, Cholesterol, Depression, Blood Pressure - High, Hypothyroidism, Congestive Heart Failure. The patient has Muscle Pain (Muscle aches), Sleepiness (Drowsiness), Disorientation (Confusion), Hallucination (Hallucinations), Depression, Dizziness, Vision Blurred, Stomach Pain (Abdominal pain), Week, Urinary Frequency, Rash (Rashes)
More related studies for: Hypothyroidism, Stomach pain
Recent Hypothyroidism related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Hypothyroidism, Stomach pain
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.