Home > Hypothyroidism > Stuffy nose > Hypothyroidism and Stuffy nose
Would you have Stuffy nose (Nasal congestion) when you have Hypothyroidism?
Summary: Stuffy nose is found among people with Hypothyroidism, especially people who are female, 60+ old, also have Hypertension, and take medication Synthroid.
We study 124 people who have Stuffy nose (Nasal congestion) and Hypothyroidism from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Hypothyroidism and Stuffy nose >>>
Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development) (latest reports from 129,604 patients) can be treated by Synthroid, Levothyroxine Sodium, Levoxyl, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Levothroid, Cytomel.
Stuffy nose (blockage of the nasal passages usually due to membranes lining the nose becoming swollen from inflamed blood vessels) (latest reports from 78,403 patients) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, asthma, osteoporosis, erection problems.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 33,059 people who have hypothyroidism are studied. Among them, 124 (0.38%) have Stuffy Nose.
Gender of people who have hypothyroidism and experienced Stuffy nose * :
|Stuffy nose||80.00%||20.00% |
Age of people who have hypothyroidism and experienced Stuffy nose * :
|Stuffy nose||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||19.67%||13.11%||25.41%||42.62% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Stuffy nose||25.00%||0.00%||75.00%||0.00% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Hypertension (45 people, 36.29%)
- Depression (24 people, 19.35%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (20 people, 16.13%)
- Pain (18 people, 14.52%)
- Prophylaxis (18 people, 14.52%)
- Vitamin supplementation (16 people, 12.90%)
- Anxiety (15 people, 12.10%)
- Osteoporosis (14 people, 11.29%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (13 people, 10.48%)
- Migraine (12 people, 9.68%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Synthroid (82 people, 66.13%)
- Humira (30 people, 24.19%)
- Levothyroxine sodium (29 people, 23.39%)
- Aspirin (22 people, 17.74%)
- Folic acid (17 people, 13.71%)
- Methotrexate (17 people, 13.71%)
- Neurontin (16 people, 12.90%)
- Levoxyl (14 people, 11.29%)
- Protonix (14 people, 11.29%)
- Nexium (14 people, 11.29%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hypothyroidism and Stuffy Nose?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Stuffy Nose and Hypothyroidism
- support group for people who have Hypothyroidism
- support group for people who have Stuffy Nose
Recent conversations of related support groups:
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is it okay to take co enzyme q 10 with levothyroxine
(Asked by a 66 year old woman who has Hypothyroidism, and takes Levothyroxine Sodium)
Is it okay to take Co Enzyme Q10 with Lovothyroxine. Will it stop my Levothyroxine from working properly. I am also on Simvastaton. Would appreciate any advice on this.
- Omeprazole or pantoprazole?
(Asked by a 39 year old woman who has Hormone Level Nos Abnormal, Hypothyroidism, Tinnitus, Migraine With Aura, Blood Pressure Fluctuation, Insomnia, Ulcer - Stomach, and takes Lasix, Topamax, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Inderal, Pantoprazole)
I take an oral contraceptive, Diane-35 ED, which is not in the list of drugs to choose from on this site.
Recently, the medication I was taking for my stomach ulcer (Omeprazole) became unavailable in my country of residence and was replaced by Patoprazole. I started taking it yesterday morning a ...
- Has anyone been prescribed methotrexate for granuloma annulare?
(Asked by a 59 year old woman who has Hypothyroidism, Granuloma Annulare, and takes Topamax, Calcium , Vitamin D, Zetia, Effexor Xr, Levoxyl)
I have had GA for 2 years now, however it has gotten progressively worse the past 6 months. It has now spread over 80% of my body. I am seeing an Endocrinologist next week as I believe my thyroid may play a big role in this. My Regular Dr. suggested I speak to Endocrinologist about a drug called Met ...
- I have been on armour 8 days started at 1 grain after having been on 88 mcg synthroid.
(Asked by a 58 year old woman who has Hypothyroidism, and takes Armour Thyroid)
Was on 88mcg synthroid. Test was 4.75 tsh and low t3 3.3. Switched 8 days ago to 1 grain armour and now feel shaky. Pulse 90. Had diarrhea and vomiting last night at 1 in am. Is it working too fast? Felt good earlier in week and slept all night for first time in months.
- Can people with hypothyroidism take garcinia cambogia?
(Asked by a 15 year old girl who has Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura, Hypothyroidism, Mixed Connective Tissue Disease, and takes Nabumetone, Levothyroxine Sodium, Prednisone, Plaquenil)
I have hypothyroidism, ITP, and MCTD. With me having all of these issues and taking all these different medications, I was wondering if it would be safe for me to take a diet pill named garcinia cambogia.
More questions for: Hypothyroidism, Stuffy nose
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Shortness of breath after taking levothyroxine for 8-10 yrs.
(Posted by a 38 year old woman who has Hypothyroidism, and takes Levothyroxine Sodium)
I have been experiencing shortness of breath lately when taking the levothyroxine. If I stop taking it for a couple of days my shortness of breath is pretty much gone.
- My memory loss due to omeprazole
(Posted by a 70 year old woman who has Hypothyroidism, and takes Omeprazole)
I took omeprazole for 20 years until I developed edema of the lower extremities. I started having memory problems right away and they still persist even though I have not taken omeprazole now for about 6 yrs. I am hoping it will dissipate or clear my system. I do not have a constant memory proble ...
- Lipitor bad reaction
(Posted by a 63 year old woman who has Severe Migraine, Hypothyroidism, and takes Lipitor)
I was on lipitor for 5 years started at 10mg and the headaches started. At 5 years on I was up to 80mg and had severe migraines every day. Was also diagnosed with hypothyroidism and given synthroid. Also had a prescription for migraine meds that did nothing. My daughter found out she and her kids ha ...
- I'm curing my lichen sclerosis
(Posted by a 67 year old woman who has Lichen Sclerosus, Hypothyroidism, and takes Prempro, Activella, Clobetasol Propionate, Cipro, Vagifem)
I took Prempro for about 5 years and then Activella for about 3 years for Menopausal symptoms. My first obvious symptoms of a problem began in 2005 which follow all the classic symptoms of Lichen. I spent thousands on Urology exams, tests, and surgical procedures. And thousands on Gynecological atte ...
- Nexium and feeling cold
(Posted by a 57 year old woman who has Hypothyroidism, Vitamin B12 Deficiency, High Blood Pressure, Overactive Bladder, and takes Nexium, Levothyroxine Sodium, Vesicare, Vitamin B12, Tramadol)
I took Nexium (1 40mg capsule) and approximately 45 minutes later, I felt extremely cold. I could not get warm, even though I put on a polartec jacket and sat near a heater.
I also was extremely nauseated at the same time.
About 30 minutes after the incident began, it ended. I no longer was ...
More reviews for: Hypothyroidism, Stuffy nose
- A study of drug interactions between Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide, Albuterol Sulfate, Symbicort, Levothyroxine Sodium for a patient with Asthma Exacerbation Prophylaxis, Asthma, Asthma Aggravated, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Red Face
Comments: I took levothyroxine for first time this morning, and now my face is red.
- A study of drug interactions between Viibryd, Sucralfate, Pantoprazole, Nifedipine, Plavix, Synthroid for a patient with Depression, Gerd, High Blood Pressure, Arterial Thrombosis Limb, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Ptsd
Comments: I have been diagnosed with Buerger's Disease.
- A study of drug interactions between Phenergan, Bactrim, Gabapentin, Wellbutrin Xl, Synthroid, Topamax, Prozac for a patient with Nausea, Urinary Tract Infection Enterococcal, Neuropathic Pain, Migraine - Common, Hypothyroidism, Depression. The patient has Muscle Rigidity
Comments: Just started Prozac 4 weeks ago with no side effects. Became ill with UTI, doctor prescribed Bactrim & Phenergan. Within a day, I had severe muscle rigidity in my jaw, neck, shoulders & abdomen. It was not like a "leg cramp" and nothing I have ever experienced. I stopped taking the Prozac and th ...
- A study of side effects of Androgel for a patient with Low Thyroid. The patient has Bradycardia Foetal (abnormally slow fetal heart rate, usually below 100 beats/min)
Comments: also testcular pain, enarged breast,dzziness,headahces
- A study of side effects of Levothyroxine Sodium for a patient with Hypothyroidism. The patient has Sleep Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition
Comments: Severe stabbing pain between shoulders slightly to the right. Only lasts upto a minute. Attacks infrequent.
Tartar on teeth.
Sweating and chill although usually very cold.
Difficult to maintain weight. Skips meals everyday - habitually only eat dinner in the evening and have done ...
More related studies for: Hypothyroidism, Stuffy nose
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Muscle Fasciculation and Prevacid
- Urticaria and Ibuprofen
- What medication can i add to viibryd
Answer: You posted almost a year ago but I would suggest you ask y ... (8 hours ago)
- Can implanon cause breast cysts and could they be cancerous?
Answer: Very interesting that this pertinent question is not being ... (11 hours ago)
- Feeding tube complications flomax
Has anyone on feeding tube taken Flomax. Any complication ... (21 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- Urea urine increased while taking topamax
I was on Topamax to lose weight. It worked for me, I lost ... (2 days ago)
- Jaw pain with avastin
My sister is currently taking Avastin and after each treat ... (2 days ago)
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue
Response: Do Not, I repeat Do Not take Lipitor!!! I was on 20mg for ... (3 days ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Coumadin for a 26-year old woman who has Blood Clots (40 minutes ago)
- Prevacid, Fluoxetine, Aspirin, Evista, Carvedilol for a 80-year old woman who has Acid Reflux, Depression, Heart Rate Increased, Osteopetrosis, Blood Pressure Increased (42 minutes ago)
- Topamax, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Zoloft, Coumadin for a 26-year old woman who has Migraine, Depression, Blood Clots (44 minutes ago)