Would you have Stuffy nose (Nasal congestion) when you have Hypothyroidism?
Summary: Stuffy nose is found among people with Hypothyroidism, especially people who are female, 50-59 old, also have High blood pressure, and take medication Synthroid.
We study 124 people who have Stuffy nose (Nasal congestion) and Hypothyroidism from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Hypothyroidism and Stuffy nose >>>
Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development) can be treated by Synthroid, Levothyroxine Sodium, Levoxyl, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Levothroid, Armour Thyroid. (latest reports from 49,613 Hypothyroidism patients)
Stuffy nose (blockage of the nasal passages usually due to membranes lining the nose becoming swollen from inflamed blood vessels) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, asthma, osteoporosis, erection problems. (latest reports from 14,499 Stuffy nose patients)
On Feb, 28, 2015: 124 people who have hypothyroidism and Stuffy Nose are studied.
Gender of people who have hypothyroidism and experienced Stuffy nose * :
|Stuffy nose||80.00%||20.00% |
Age of people who have hypothyroidism and experienced Stuffy nose * :
|Stuffy nose||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||19.51%||13.01%||25.20%||42.28% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Stuffy nose||25.00%||0.00%||75.00%||0.00% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Hypertension (45 people, 36.29%)
- Depression (24 people, 19.35%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (20 people, 16.13%)
- Pain (18 people, 14.52%)
- Prophylaxis (18 people, 14.52%)
- Vitamin supplementation (16 people, 12.90%)
- Anxiety (15 people, 12.10%)
- Osteoporosis (14 people, 11.29%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (13 people, 10.48%)
- Migraine (12 people, 9.68%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Synthroid (82 people, 66.13%)
- Humira (30 people, 24.19%)
- Levothyroxine sodium (29 people, 23.39%)
- Aspirin (22 people, 17.74%)
- Folic acid (17 people, 13.71%)
- Methotrexate (17 people, 13.71%)
- Neurontin (16 people, 12.90%)
- Levoxyl (14 people, 11.29%)
- Protonix (14 people, 11.29%)
- Nexium (14 people, 11.29%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hypothyroidism and Stuffy Nose?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who have Stuffy Nose and Hypothyroidism
- support group for people who have Hypothyroidism
- support group for people who have Stuffy nose
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Norco, Adderall 30, Levothyroxine Sodium, Wellbutrin, Lamictal for a 28-year old woman with Back Pain, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Hypothyroidism, Depression, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Lumpy Breasts, Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, Swelling, Leg Swelling, Abdominal Pain Lower, Swelling
- A study of side effects of Liothyronine Sodium for a 64-year old woman with Hypothyroidism. The patient has Extreme Body Pain And Insommnia
- A study of drug interactions between Ramipril, Lansoprazole, Pregabalin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Morphine Sulfate for a 43-year old woman with Hypertension, Gerd, Back Pain, Hypothyroidism, Pain - Back. The patient has Gastric Disorder, Hypothyroidism, Hypertension, Antiphospholipid Syndrome, Eosinophil Count Increased, Headache
- A study of drug interactions between Magnesium Oxide, Multivitamin, Fish Oil, Progesterone, Estradiol, Sumatriptan, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Levothyroxine Sodium for a 54-year old woman with Nutrition - Inadequate, Perimenopause, Atrophy, Migraine Without Aura, Chronic Depression, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Migraine Without Aura
- A study of side effects of Armour Thyroid for a 52-year old woman with Hypothyroidism. The patient has Diverticulitis Intestinal (digestive disease which involves the formation of pouches (diverticula) within the intestinal wall), Weight Gain
Recent Hypothyroidism related drug comparison:
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.