Home > Hypothyroidism > Tingling in hands or feet > Hypothyroidism and Tingling in hands or feet
Review: could Hypothyroidism cause Tingling in hands or feet (Numbness in hands or feet)?
We study 33,040 people who have Hypothyroidism from FDA and social media. Among them, 12 have Tingling in hands or feet (Numbness in hands or feet). Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who have Hypothyroidism and Tingling in hands or feet >>>
Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development) (latest reports from 129,276 patients) can be treated by Synthroid, Levothyroxine Sodium, Levoxyl, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Levothroid, Cytomel.
Tingling in hands or feet
On Sep, 12, 2014: 32,918 people who have hypothyroidism are studied. Among them, 12 (0.04%) have Tingling In Hands Or Feet.
Gender of people who have hypothyroidism and experienced Tingling in hands or feet * :
|Tingling in hands or feet||83.33%||16.67% |
Age of people who have hypothyroidism and experienced Tingling in hands or feet * :
|Tingling in hands or feet||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||9.09%||18.18%||45.45%||36.36% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Tingling in hands or feet||16.67%||41.67%||33.33%||8.33% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Depression (3 people, 25.00%)
- High blood pressure (3 people, 25.00%)
- High blood cholesterol (2 people, 16.67%)
- Cholesterol (2 people, 16.67%)
- Low thyroid (2 people, 16.67%)
- Drug addiction (1 people, 8.33%)
- Fibromyalgia (1 people, 8.33%)
- Hormone replacement therapy (1 people, 8.33%)
- Restless leg syndrome (1 people, 8.33%)
- Generalised anxiety disorder (1 people, 8.33%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Synthroid (6 people, 50.00%)
- Levothyroxine sodium (3 people, 25.00%)
- Omeprazole (2 people, 16.67%)
- Topamax (2 people, 16.67%)
- Atenolol (2 people, 16.67%)
- Digoxin (2 people, 16.67%)
- Pristiq (1 people, 8.33%)
- Celexa (1 people, 8.33%)
- Levothroid (1 people, 8.33%)
- Estrace (1 people, 8.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hypothyroidism and Tingling In Hands Or Feet?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who have Tingling In Hands Or Feet and Hypothyroidism
- group for people who have Hypothyroidism
Comments from related studies:
From this study (4 months ago):
I am a 53 year old male who suffered a spinal cord injury in March or 2012 after a myelogram procedure. It was subsequently discovered that I had several discs migrating into the cervical area of my spinal cord, along with a bruised spinal cord. In May of 2012 I had a multilevel fusion (c4.5, c5.6 and c6.7) to protect me from further damage. I continue to suffer from chronic nerve pain throughout my body, mostly on my left side (leg, arms fingers and feet). The primary medications I have to take (i.e. Lyrica) have side effects that are problematic, as well as have limited benefits.
From this study (7 months ago):
I know that methadone can cause nodding. I am way beyond that stage of MMT though. I can admit that at certain points I was a horrible patient! I used everything under the sun to supplement getting high. I've been on doses of 345mgs, 230mgs, Split doses, Liquid, & Tablets. I've been on the dose I'm at now which is a split dose & the lowest dose I have been on, for well over 1 year. I have had clean drug tests I don't use any illegal drugs, I don't drink.
From this study (9 months ago):
pain increases at night and can be lessened by sitting up.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Omeprazole or pantoprazole?
I take an oral contraceptive, Diane-35 ED, which is not in the list of drugs to choose from on this site.
Recently, the medication I was taking for my stomach ulcer (Omeprazole) became unavailable in my country of residence and was replaced by Patoprazole. I started taking it yesterday morning a ...
- Has anyone been prescribed methotrexate for granuloma annulare?
I have had GA for 2 years now, however it has gotten progressively worse the past 6 months. It has now spread over 80% of my body. I am seeing an Endocrinologist next week as I believe my thyroid may play a big role in this. My Regular Dr. suggested I speak to Endocrinologist about a drug called Met ...
- I have been on armour 8 days started at 1 grain after having been on 88 mcg synthroid.
Was on 88mcg synthroid. Test was 4.75 tsh and low t3 3.3. Switched 8 days ago to 1 grain armour and now feel shaky. Pulse 90. Had diarrhea and vomiting last night at 1 in am. Is it working too fast? Felt good earlier in week and slept all night for first time in months.
More questions for: Hypothyroidism, Tingling in hands or feet
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Shortness of breath after taking levothyroxine for 8-10 yrs.
I have been experiencing shortness of breath lately when taking the levothyroxine. If I stop taking it for a couple of days my shortness of breath is pretty much gone.
- My memory loss due to omeprazole
I took omeprazole for 20 years until I developed edema of the lower extremities. I started having memory problems right away and they still persist even though I have not taken omeprazole now for about 6 yrs. I am hoping it will dissipate or clear my system. I do not have a constant memory proble ...
- Viagra causes numbness in feet
When I take Viagra numbness in my feet intensifies and is lingering.
More reviews for: Hypothyroidism, Tingling in hands or feet
Common treatments for Hypothyroidism and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Hypothyroidism symptoms:
- Weariness in Hypothyroidism (2,218 reports)
- Nausea in Hypothyroidism (1,856 reports)
- Dizziness in Hypothyroidism (1,777 reports)
- Difficulty In Breathing in Hypothyroidism (1,665 reports)
- Asthenia in Hypothyroidism (1,529 reports)
- Headache in Hypothyroidism (1,490 reports)
- Stress in Hypothyroidism (1,389 reports)
- Drug Not Working in Hypothyroidism (1,384 reports)
- Stools - Watery in Hypothyroidism (1,347 reports)
- Blood Pressure Increased in Hypothyroidism (1,328 reports)
Tingling In Hands Or Feet related symptom studies:
Hypothyroidism is also known as: Adult hypothyroidism, Hypothyroid, Hypothyroids, Hypothyroidy, Low Thyroid, Myxedema, Under Active Thyroid, Under Active Thyroids, Underactive Thyroid.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.