Would you have Vomiting (Nausea and vomiting) when you have Hypothyroidism?
Summary: Vomiting is found among people with Hypothyroidism, especially people who are female, 30-39 old, also have Hypertension, and take medication Synthroid.
We study 996 people who have Vomiting (Nausea and vomiting) and Hypothyroidism from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Hypothyroidism and Vomiting >>>
Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development) can be treated by Synthroid, Levothyroxine Sodium, Levoxyl, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Levothroid, Armour Thyroid. (latest reports from Hypothyroidism 49,328 patients)
Vomiting has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, type 2 diabetes, depression, multiple sclerosis.(latest reports from Vomiting 179,280 patients)
On Nov, 25, 2014: 1,001 people who have hypothyroidism and Vomiting are studied.
Gender of people who have hypothyroidism and experienced Vomiting * :
Age of people who have hypothyroidism and experienced Vomiting * :
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Hypertension (262 people, 26.17%)
- Depression (171 people, 17.08%)
- Pain (103 people, 10.29%)
- Diabetes mellitus (82 people, 8.19%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (74 people, 7.39%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (73 people, 7.29%)
- Anxiety (69 people, 6.89%)
- Osteoporosis (68 people, 6.79%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (61 people, 6.09%)
- Nausea (60 people, 5.99%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Synthroid (447 people, 44.66%)
- Levothyroxine sodium (351 people, 35.06%)
- Aspirin (95 people, 9.49%)
- Humira (77 people, 7.69%)
- Levoxyl (67 people, 6.69%)
- Lasix (60 people, 5.99%)
- Omeprazole (59 people, 5.89%)
- Fosamax (54 people, 5.39%)
- Nexium (54 people, 5.39%)
- Lisinopril (52 people, 5.19%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hypothyroidism and Vomiting?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Vomiting and Hypothyroidism
- support group for people who have Hypothyroidism
- support group for people who have Vomiting
Recent conversations of related support groups:
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is vomiting all liquids common while taking morphine
I Recently started taking 6mg of Hydro-Morphine per day for pain. Every time i take the drug i vomit up any liquids I drink. i fell just fine without anything in my stomach but as soon as i eat or drink I instantly become nauseated and vomit everything. It is hard not to drink because the drug is making me very thirsty. So i try to drink and my body rejects it over and over again.. this goes on for hours (3-5)because i am sooo thirsty that I can not stop drinking.
- Is it okay to take co enzyme q 10 with levothyroxine
Is it okay to take Co Enzyme Q10 with Lovothyroxine. Will it stop my Levothyroxine from working properly. I am also on Simvastaton. Would appreciate any advice on this.
- Omeprazole or pantoprazole?
I take an oral contraceptive, Diane-35 ED, which is not in the list of drugs to choose from on this site.
Recently, the medication I was taking for my stomach ulcer (Omeprazole) became unavailable in my country of residence and was replaced by Patoprazole. I started taking it yesterday morning and by midday today the side effects were unbearable. I am nauseous, have diarrhea, and a very severe headache. This didn't happen with Omeprazole. Do you think this is a drug interaction or is there some difference between the two that I am perhaps sensitive to?
- Has anyone been prescribed methotrexate for granuloma annulare?
I have had GA for 2 years now, however it has gotten progressively worse the past 6 months. It has now spread over 80% of my body. I am seeing an Endocrinologist next week as I believe my thyroid may play a big role in this. My Regular Dr. suggested I speak to Endocrinologist about a drug called Methotrexate. Has anyone taken this for GA, and if so, can you please tell me if it is working, side effects etc?
I am desperate for some relief!
- I have been on armour 8 days started at 1 grain after having been on 88 mcg synthroid.
Was on 88mcg synthroid. Test was 4.75 tsh and low t3 3.3. Switched 8 days ago to 1 grain armour and now feel shaky. Pulse 90. Had diarrhea and vomiting last night at 1 in am. Is it working too fast? Felt good earlier in week and slept all night for first time in months.
More questions for: Hypothyroidism, Vomiting
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Nausea and vomiting while taking savella
I have been on Savella for 6 months now and the nausea has increased with time and now I also have vomiting daily along with occasional diarrhea. I am currently weaning off of the Savella, cutting the dosage in half for two weeks and then one pill every other day for two weeks, following my dr.'s instructions. I have three weeks total left and still have the nausea and vomiting but hopeful that these will start to go away soon. Anyone else who has weaned off of it- how long until your symptoms subsided?
- Farxiga ? problems, stomach, smell, taste
I have been on Farxiga for 2 months. First, I was on Farxiga 5mg, About 6 weeks ago changed to 10 mg, about same time I noticed my coffee smelled different and bad, kept on a week and asked my wife. Changed coffee brand twice. It got worse, began to taste it. For the last week I can smell it in my food, anything fresh out of microwave. Now I smell it in my bowel movement. I called Doctor earlier in week reported. He wants to wait about a week and call back if persists. I am a diabetic and first few days this helped. Doctor reduced my insulin and got me off glimepiride and my Sugar readings have been higher since such as 175-200. This is my only medicine change close to time period. Please respond with help or if you experience similar problems.
- Shortness of breath after taking levothyroxine for 8-10 yrs.
I have been experiencing shortness of breath lately when taking the levothyroxine. If I stop taking it for a couple of days my shortness of breath is pretty much gone.
- My memory loss due to omeprazole
I took omeprazole for 20 years until I developed edema of the lower extremities. I started having memory problems right away and they still persist even though I have not taken omeprazole now for about 6 yrs. I am hoping it will dissipate or clear my system. I do not have a constant memory problem but rather problems remembering words from time to time. I ended up having to take magnesium for leg cramps that developed from taking omeprazole.
- Poisened by fenofibrate
it started in Apr. 2013. I would eat and get sick to my stomach. I would have severe shooting pains in my stomach area. My bowels were loose and would stay that way. Or at times I would just be nauseated for no apparent reason. My mouth got dry and I began having dizzy spells. Those last two symptoms mostly went away except for the dizziness which would only happen if I bent over. By July it was hard to look at food at all. This went on for an entire year, every day. The VA, which was taking care of me, diagnosed me with a bad gall bladder. It was finally taken out in Sept. Unfortunately it did me no good.
On March 20, 2014, I took myself off this medication. Five days later the symptoms started to lift.
More reviews for: Hypothyroidism, Vomiting
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- Was put on complete thyroid replacement drug when I was 16. (1960) Within about six months I could hardly walk and could not get into the school bus. I was not x-rayed at that time but the doctor considered I had growing pains as I was growing after taking the thyroid drug. Later I was ex-rayed and ...
- After 3-4 days of taking adderall or any stimulants I start to get pimple like sores on my scalp, nose,eyes,mouth,face and vaginal area puss comes out of mi eyes and vaginal area.
It seems like every hair follicle or cut becomes clogged and filled with puss. It burns when I use the restroom. My ey ...
- Bleeding symptoms reduce when off medication for nearly a week. Blood clot type content in loose stool (liquid). blood ranges from very dark to bright in same movement. Amount of blood is concern. There is pain and firm area in between upper pelvic and lower abdomen area that disappears after moveme ...
- Just started Prozac 4 weeks ago with no side effects. Became ill with UTI, doctor prescribed Bactrim & Phenergan. Within a day, I had severe muscle rigidity in my jaw, neck, shoulders & abdomen. It was not like a "leg cramp" and nothing I have ever experienced. I stopped taking the Prozac and th ...
- Severe stabbing pain between shoulders slightly to the right. Only lasts upto a minute. Attacks infrequent.
Tartar on teeth.
Sweating and chill although usually very cold.
Difficult to maintain weight. Skips meals everyday - habitually only eat dinner in the evening and have done ...
More related studies for: Hypothyroidism, Vomiting
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.