Home > Hypothyroidism > Vomiting > Hypothyroidism and Vomiting
Review: could Hypothyroidism cause Vomiting (Nausea and vomiting)?
We study 33,040 people who have Hypothyroidism from FDA and social media. Among them, 996 have Vomiting (Nausea and vomiting). Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who have Hypothyroidism and Vomiting >>>
Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development) (latest reports from 129,276 patients) can be treated by Synthroid, Levothyroxine Sodium, Levoxyl, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Levothroid, Cytomel.
Vomiting (latest reports from 1,060,678 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, type 2 diabetes, depression, multiple sclerosis.
On Sep, 14, 2014: 32,936 people who have hypothyroidism are studied. Among them, 1,001 (3.04%) have Vomiting.
Gender of people who have hypothyroidism and experienced Vomiting * :
Age of people who have hypothyroidism and experienced Vomiting * :
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Hypertension (262 people, 26.17%)
- Depression (171 people, 17.08%)
- Pain (103 people, 10.29%)
- Diabetes mellitus (82 people, 8.19%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (74 people, 7.39%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (73 people, 7.29%)
- Anxiety (69 people, 6.89%)
- Osteoporosis (68 people, 6.79%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (61 people, 6.09%)
- Nausea (60 people, 5.99%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Synthroid (447 people, 44.66%)
- Levothyroxine sodium (351 people, 35.06%)
- Aspirin (95 people, 9.49%)
- Humira (77 people, 7.69%)
- Levoxyl (67 people, 6.69%)
- Lasix (60 people, 5.99%)
- Omeprazole (59 people, 5.89%)
- Fosamax (54 people, 5.39%)
- Nexium (54 people, 5.39%)
- Lisinopril (52 people, 5.19%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hypothyroidism and Vomiting?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Vomiting and Hypothyroidism
- support group for people who have Hypothyroidism
- support group for people who have Vomiting
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 months ago):
Was on Metformin (1000 mg per day), which was recently increased with a goal of 2000 mg per day (gradual increase). In the AM, I usually start with a cup of coffee, then breakfast, followed by more coffee (two cups per day). I take metformin immediately following meals. I fix up my coffee with organic half & half, and pure stevia. When drinking coffee, or dairy products, I experience severe upset stomach, without bowl and abdominal sounds. Is it possible I developed a form of lactose intolerance? This is the "only" dairy I use and prefer to use unsweetened almond milk in place of dairy, except for coffee. This morning, as an experiment, I decided not to fix any coffee and the symptoms have subsided so far today.
From this study (4 months ago):
I have had crohns disease since 1990 and was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis 3 years ago. I have osteoarthritis, fibromyalga, hypothyroid since 1980. I just recently started experiencing lightheadedness, dizziness, headaches,feeling faint and feeling as if i was going to be sick to my stomach all at the same time about 2 weeks ago. I am under a little stress, my cousin just passed away. I am also on 30 mg's of prednisone and have been since the end of April 2014
From this study (5 months ago):
Occurs periodically usually a short time after food
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Omeprazole or pantoprazole?
I take an oral contraceptive, Diane-35 ED, which is not in the list of drugs to choose from on this site.
Recently, the medication I was taking for my stomach ulcer (Omeprazole) became unavailable in my country of residence and was replaced by Patoprazole. I started taking it yesterday morning a ...
- Has anyone been prescribed methotrexate for granuloma annulare?
I have had GA for 2 years now, however it has gotten progressively worse the past 6 months. It has now spread over 80% of my body. I am seeing an Endocrinologist next week as I believe my thyroid may play a big role in this. My Regular Dr. suggested I speak to Endocrinologist about a drug called Met ...
- I have been on armour 8 days started at 1 grain after having been on 88 mcg synthroid.
Was on 88mcg synthroid. Test was 4.75 tsh and low t3 3.3. Switched 8 days ago to 1 grain armour and now feel shaky. Pulse 90. Had diarrhea and vomiting last night at 1 in am. Is it working too fast? Felt good earlier in week and slept all night for first time in months.
More questions for: Hypothyroidism, Vomiting
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Nausea and vomiting while taking savella
I have been on Savella for 6 months now and the nausea has increased with time and now I also have vomiting daily along with occasional diarrhea. I am currently weaning off of the Savella, cutting the dosage in half for two weeks and then one pill every other day for two weeks, following my dr.'s in ...
- Farxiga ? problems, stomach, smell, taste
I have been on Farxiga for 2 months. First, I was on Farxiga 5mg, About 6 weeks ago changed to 10 mg, about same time I noticed my coffee smelled different and bad, kept on a week and asked my wife. Changed coffee brand twice. It got worse, began to taste it. For the last week I can smell it in my f ...
- Shortness of breath after taking levothyroxine for 8-10 yrs.
I have been experiencing shortness of breath lately when taking the levothyroxine. If I stop taking it for a couple of days my shortness of breath is pretty much gone.
More reviews for: Hypothyroidism, Vomiting
Common treatments for Hypothyroidism and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Hypothyroidism symptoms:
- Weariness in Hypothyroidism (2,219 reports)
- Nausea in Hypothyroidism (1,856 reports)
- Vertigo in Hypothyroidism (1,782 reports)
- Difficulty Breathing in Hypothyroidism (1,682 reports)
- Muscular Weakness in Hypothyroidism (1,531 reports)
- Headaches in Hypothyroidism (1,491 reports)
- Drug Ineffective in Hypothyroidism (1,384 reports)
- Stress And Anxiety in Hypothyroidism (1,371 reports)
- Diarrhoea in Hypothyroidism (1,350 reports)
- High Blood Pressure in Hypothyroidism (1,328 reports)
Vomiting related symptom studies:
- Vomiting in Blood pressure (6,305 reports)
- Vomiting in Contraception (2,967 reports)
- Vomiting in Depression (4,821 reports)
- Vomiting in Diabetes mellitus non-insulin-dependent (5,090 reports)
- Vomiting in High blood pressure (6,644 reports)
- Vomiting in Multiple sclerosis (4,170 reports)
- Vomiting in Osteoporosis (3,655 reports)
- Vomiting in Pain (6,304 reports)
- Vomiting in Ra (3,829 reports)
- Vomiting in Tobacco abuse (3,382 reports)
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.