Home > Ibs > Dehydration > Ibs and Dehydration
Would you have Dehydration when you have Ibs?
Summary: Dehydration is found among people with Ibs, especially people who are female, 60+ old, also have Irritable bowel syndrome, and take medication Zelnorm.
We study 120 people who have Dehydration and Ibs from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Ibs and Dehydration >>>
Ibs (irritable bowel syndrome -chronic abdominal pain, discomfort, bloating) (latest reports from 71,713 patients) can be treated by Bentyl, Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Amitiza, Mebeverine Hydrochloride, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Loperamide Hydrochloride.
Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water) (latest reports from 490,322 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, pain, osteoporosis, hepatitis c.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 6,342 people who have ibs are studied. Among them, 120 (1.89%) have Dehydration.
Gender of people who have ibs and experienced Dehydration * :
Age of people who have ibs and experienced Dehydration * :
Severity of the symptom * :
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Irritable bowel syndrome (120 people, 100.00%)
- Hypothyroidism (20 people, 16.67%)
- Anxiety (18 people, 15.00%)
- Headache (15 people, 12.50%)
- Hypertension (15 people, 12.50%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (14 people, 11.67%)
- Insomnia (14 people, 11.67%)
- Depression (13 people, 10.83%)
- Pain (10 people, 8.33%)
- Back pain (10 people, 8.33%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Zelnorm (62 people, 51.67%)
- Synthroid (32 people, 26.67%)
- Miralax (27 people, 22.50%)
- Ambien (21 people, 17.50%)
- Lotronex (18 people, 15.00%)
- Colace (16 people, 13.33%)
- Levoxyl (14 people, 11.67%)
- Amitiza (14 people, 11.67%)
- Xanax (14 people, 11.67%)
- Advil (14 people, 11.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Ibs and Dehydration?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Dehydration and Ibs
- support group for people who have Ibs
- support group for people who have Dehydration
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- My mom is 88. she takes lexapro in the evening. she wakes up hallucinating. it's starting to get to her. what should i try for her?
(Asked by a 88 year old woman who has Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Atrial Fibrillation, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Dementia (controlled), and takes Multivitamin, Lipitor, Claritin, Allopurinol, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Namenda Xr, Aricept, Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Bystolic, Lexapro)
My mom has been taking Lexapro for about 2 1/2 to 3 months. She was taking it in the morning and her therapist felt it was making her drowsy. I began giving it to her before bed, and I believe that is when she started waking up during the night with hallucinations. I'm not sure if they are vivid ...
- Is it possible to receive medical marijuana if you have spina bifida and controllable ibs?
(Asked by a 18 year old boy who has IBS, Spina Bifida )
i need help figuring out the best pain relieving drug for my conditions. please respond if any information
- Is it my thyroid or am i mentally ill? diagnosed w/ hashimoto's thyroiditis but untreated - chronic pain unmanaged also
(Asked by a 54 year old woman who has Spondylosis, Autoimmune Disorder, Asthma Late Onset, Migraine, Degenerative Joint Disease, Lumbar Spinal Stenosis, Facet Joint Syndrome, Sacroiliitis, Diverticulosis, PTSD, IBS, Traumatic Brain Injury, Pelvic Congestion, Fibromyalgia, Interstitial Cystitis (IC), Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, and takes Albuterol Sulfate, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Maxalt, Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Oxycontin, Alvesco, Levothyroxine Thyroid)
I moved to OR from HI and brought all my records, signed releases, and had many diagnoses, all but the thyroid, was being treated and long-term. I also took Oxycontin & Oxycodone for severe chronic pain from bilateral SI joint fusion (right screw protrudes & leg also becomes numb and weak with acti ...
- I am taking omeprazole and ranitidine for acid reflux both seem to be giving me side effects fatigue, dizziness
(Asked by a 67 year old woman who has Acid Reflux, IBS, and takes Omeprazole, Ranitidine)
I took esomoprazole ( nexium ) 20 mg for acid reflux for thirteen days but felt so unwell side effects fatigue and feeling very unsteady and disoriented , not all the time but enough to make me want to stop taking it. It had however diminished my cough and sore throat caused by the reflux. My gastro ...
- Do you have sacroiliitis and ibs
(Asked by a 36 year old woman who has Sacroiliitis, Ibs, and takes Amoxicillin And Clavulanate Potassium)
After a course of Augmentin antibiotics, I started having severe symptoms of IBS. It has continued for 2 years. I have also suffered from chronic sacroiliitis for almost 2 years. Can the 2 conditions be connected?
More questions for: Ibs, Dehydration
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Headache after propofol
(Posted by a 61 year old woman who has IBS, and takes Propofol)
Was given Propofol while having Colonoscopy and Endoscopy. Severe headache in evening and following day.
- Atrial fib and ibs, is there a connection?
(Posted by a 89 year old woman who has Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Atrial Fibrillation, and takes Pradaxa, Multaq)
I felt wonderful, after a good night sleep and a nice breakfast. Took my heart medicine. Took off for an hour shopping and the A-Fib began with a vengeance and lasted five hours.
During the time, interestingly, I had continuous IBS. If I had not used butter (an IBS trigger) on my toast that morni ...
- How an integrative wellness approach cured me of insomnia, ibs, and more
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has Fatigue, Sinusitis Acute, Itching, Cognitive Deterioration, Psoriasis, Anxiety, Restless Leg Syndrome, Frequent Headaches, Nasal Inflammation, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Chronic Insomnia, and takes Levothyroxine Thyroid, Clonazepam, Ambien Cr)
For 10+ years, I suffered with insomnia and a host of other problems including intestinal distress, headaches, psoriasis, anxiety, cognitive issues, hypothyroid, chronic itching, restless leg, etc. Traditional medicine, aka taking drugs, was not working to heal me. Since childhood, I’ve had IBS, h ...
- Spiriva caused me to swell up like a hippo.
(Posted by a 46 year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, and takes Advair Diskus 250/50, Methotrexate, Plaquenil, Metformin, Klonopin, Zanaflex, Prednisone, Singulair, Imitrex, Nexium)
My Doctor prescribed spiriva to help me breathe due to asthma/cold. I never smoked but my parents and friends were heavy smokers. I used the spiriva 3 times. Once a day for 3 days then I started swelling in my ankles and the swelling continued until my face, hands arms... basically I was so swollen ...
- Treating copd and kidney disease
(Posted by a 84 year old woman who has COPD, IBS, PAD, Kidney Disease, High Blood Pressure, and takes Advair Diskus 250/50, Spiriva, Benazepril Hydrochloride, Amlodipine, Aspirin, Furosemide, Lovastatin, Miralax)
My biggest problem is trying to keep my blood pressure at 110 to 140 diastolic and controlling constipation.
More reviews for: Ibs, Dehydration
- A study of side effects of Amoxicillin Pediatric for a patient with Infection - Ear. The patient has Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water), Heart Rate Increased, Breathing - Rapid And Deep, Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness), Lethargy (tiredness), Ear Infection (ear infection), Appetite - Decreased (decreased appetite occurs when you have a reduced desire to eat), Fever, Inability To Crawl, High Blood Glucose Level (high blood sugar)
Comments: My son is 17 months old and been diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes but I just received a call from his physician that he is positive for Enterovirus. What is the connection between Enterovirus and high blood sugar levels?
- A study of side effects of Miralax for a patient with IBS. The patient has Stomachache (stomach pain)
Comments: Been on Miramax for about 2 years now for IBS
- A study of side effects of Adderall for a patient with Noni. The patient has Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water), Kidney Palpable, Blood Urine
Comments: I am a student and I have been taking Adderall recreationally for performance. I went to the dr with kidney pain, they did a blood test and urinalysis. Moderate amnts of Blood cells in my urine. dehydration. Also in my past I have had an upj obstruction for which I had successful surgery when I w ...
- A study of side effects of Clindamycin Hydrochloride for a patient with Dehydration. The patient has Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water)
Comments: My blood pressure is scaring me, very very low 80/64 or lower but my pulse rate is high 104 I feel fluttering and pain in my chest and constant constant thirst. I began drinking several large glasses of water and my BP and pulse improved. As soon as I take my next dose within an hour my BP is in t ...
- A study of drug interactions between Linzess, Singulair for a patient with IBS, Allergies. The patient has Blisters, Pain Of Skin, Throat - Sore
Comments: When I stopped Singulair my chronic sore throat went away along with my skin hurting. I'm still getting little red skin blisters all over my body from neck down. Only one on my face, cheek. I haven't stopped the Linzess as I was on this for almost three months when my symptoms started 3 weeks after ...
More related studies for: Ibs, Dehydration
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.