Review: could Insomnia cause Erectile dysfunction?
We study 44,747 people who have Insomnia from FDA and social media. Among them, 198 have Erectile dysfunction (Erection problems). Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Stay connected: join a mobile support group for people who have Insomnia and Erectile dysfunction >>>
Insomnia (latest reports from 784,852 patients) can be treated by Ambien, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Lunesta, Zolpidem Tartrate, Ambien Cr, Melatonin.
Erectile dysfunction (latest reports from 131,839 patients) has been reported by people with erection problems, high blood pressure, depression, high blood cholesterol, hair loss.
On Aug, 12, 2014: 44,735 people who have insomnia are studied. Among them, 200 (0.45%) have Erectile Dysfunction. They amount to 0.15% of all the 129,481 people who have Erectile Dysfunction on eHealthMe.
Age of people who have insomnia and experienced Erectile dysfunction * :
|Erectile dysfunction||0.00%||0.00%||0.48%||5.80%||22.71%||25.60%||34.30%||11.59% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Erectile dysfunction||2.78%||38.89%||41.67%||16.67% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Depression (63 people, 31.50%)
- Anxiety (60 people, 30.00%)
- Sleep disorder (20 people, 10.00%)
- Bipolar disorder (20 people, 10.00%)
- Hypertension (16 people, 8.00%)
- Pain (13 people, 6.50%)
- Schizophrenia (12 people, 6.00%)
- Arthralgia (11 people, 5.50%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (10 people, 5.00%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (10 people, 5.00%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Ambien (68 people, 34.00%)
- Seroquel (54 people, 27.00%)
- Trazodone hydrochloride (34 people, 17.00%)
- Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen (34 people, 17.00%)
- Lexapro (32 people, 16.00%)
- Temazepam (32 people, 16.00%)
- Naproxen (31 people, 15.50%)
- Aspirin (28 people, 14.00%)
- Klonopin (26 people, 13.00%)
- Zyprexa (25 people, 12.50%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
Get connected! Join a mobile support group to help out with your experience or learn from others anytime and anywhere:
- group for people who have Erectile Dysfunction and Insomnia
- group for people who have Insomnia
- group for people who have Erectile Dysfunction
Common treatments for Insomnia and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 months ago):
I can become erect but after a short period during intercourse My erection Starts to become limp
From this study (12 months ago):
Trouble maintaining a complete erection
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Insomnia, Erectile dysfunction
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Lipitor and panic attack insomnia
My doctor put me on generic lipitor my triglycerides were slightly high 158 vs 150 goal and cholesterol not bad 128/28 although my ratio is bad. After less than a week on the medicine I woke up at 3 am wide awake and unable to calm down. I had anxiety issues several years go but have been off t ...
- Higher than a kite, and dumber than one of those saying i can no longer remember!
I told my shrink I didn't want to try anymore antidepressants... that they make me crazy-stupid(pristiq), crazy-nympho(wellbutrin), or crazy-sloth(lexapro). I have complex ptsd, did, and gad. I really don't want to take anything... I just want to work out, eat right, and try to put myself back on tr ...
- Prednisone causes erection and ejaculant increases
I am being treated for a lung infection and swelling in the lung with Prednisone. After just the first day I awake with a full erection and increased ejaculation.
I don't like the Viagra's side affects! Such as facial flush and head ache and unlike Prednisone, Viagra does not help increase my ...
More reviews for: Insomnia, Erectile dysfunction
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.