Review: could Iron deficiency cause Short of breath?
We study 772 people who have Iron deficiency from FDA and social media. Among them, 43 have Short of breath (Breathing difficulty). Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Stay connected: join a mobile support group for people who have Iron deficiency and Short of breath >>>
Iron deficiency (latest reports from 8,026 patients) can be treated by Ferrous Fumarate, Iron Dextran.
Short of breath
Short of breath (latest reports from 1,348,769 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, asthma, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
On Aug, 22, 2014: 772 people who have iron deficiency are studied. Among them, 43 (5.57%) have Short Of Breath. They amount to 0.00% of all the 1,351,645 people who have Short Of Breath on eHealthMe.
Gender of people who have iron deficiency and experienced Short of breath * :
|Short of breath||67.39%||32.61% |
Age of people who have iron deficiency and experienced Short of breath * :
|Short of breath||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||9.76%||4.88%||12.20%||43.90%||31.71% |
Severity of the symptom * :
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Hypertension (11 people, 25.58%)
- Hepatitis c (8 people, 18.60%)
- Hyperlipidaemia (8 people, 18.60%)
- Hyperphosphataemia (7 people, 16.28%)
- Pain (6 people, 13.95%)
- Depression (6 people, 13.95%)
- Anaemia (6 people, 13.95%)
- Restlessness (4 people, 9.30%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (4 people, 9.30%)
- Osteoporosis (4 people, 9.30%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Venofer (10 people, 23.26%)
- Copegus (8 people, 18.60%)
- Benadryl (8 people, 18.60%)
- Aspirin (8 people, 18.60%)
- Pegasys (8 people, 18.60%)
- Vicoprofen (7 people, 16.28%)
- Folic acid (7 people, 16.28%)
- Zemplar (7 people, 16.28%)
- Coumadin (7 people, 16.28%)
- Epo (6 people, 13.95%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who have Short Of Breath and Iron deficiency
- group for people who have Iron deficiency
Comments from related studies:
From this study (4 days ago):
carolyn on Aug, 18, 2014:
im 73 years old and have severe shortness of breath from taking effient after stents
Michael on May, 20, 2012:
61 years old, Male, had stent placements. Use Aspirin daily.
From this study (3 weeks ago):
I started developing breathing problems after my doctor increased the mg from 25 to 50. I started developing breathing problems after taking this medication for about a month (50 mg).
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Iron deficiency, Short of breath
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- My reaction to talking sumatriptan for the first time.
after 10 minutes of taking the sumatriptan tablet i got all of the symptoms i stated and from those i developed a rare movement disorder called 'Dystonia' that has affected my right foot making me unable to walk and my right hand making me unable to write.
- Pulmonery hypertension
gives you heart failure, enlarged right side of heart, lungs are not getting enough oxgen, have blood clots, so effects all body organs
More reviews for: Iron deficiency, Short of breath
Common treatments for Iron Deficiency and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Iron deficiency symptoms:
Short Of Breath related symptom studies:
- Short Of Breath in Asthma (7,031 reports)
- Short Of Breath in Blood pressure (9,758 reports)
- Short Of Breath in Blood triglycerides increased (4,255 reports)
- Short Of Breath in Chronic obstructive airway disease (5,491 reports)
- Short Of Breath in Depression (4,345 reports)
- Short Of Breath in Hypertension (10,564 reports)
- Short Of Breath in Multiple sclerosis (4,518 reports)
- Short Of Breath in Osteoporosis (4,502 reports)
- Short Of Breath in Pain (5,627 reports)
- Short Of Breath in Ra (5,833 reports)
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.