Home > Latent tuberculosis > Pneumonia > Latent tuberculosis and Pneumonia
Review: could Latent tuberculosis cause Pneumonia?
We study 176 people who have Latent tuberculosis from FDA and social media. Among them, 12 have Pneumonia. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Latent tuberculosis and Pneumonia >>>
Latent tuberculosis (hidden tuberculosis) (latest reports from 939 patients) can be treated by Isoniazid.
Pneumonia (latest reports from 759,481 patients) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, multiple myeloma, osteoporosis.
On Oct, 25, 2014: 176 people who have latent tuberculosis are studied. Among them, 12 (6.82%) have Pneumonia.
Gender of people who have latent tuberculosis and experienced Pneumonia * :
Age of people who have latent tuberculosis and experienced Pneumonia * :
Severity of the symptom * :
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (12 people, 100.00%)
- Hypertension (4 people, 33.33%)
- Prophylaxis (4 people, 33.33%)
- Adverse drug reaction (2 people, 16.67%)
- Anxiety (2 people, 16.67%)
- Psoriatic arthropathy (2 people, 16.67%)
- Ankylosing spondylitis (2 people, 16.67%)
- Oedema (1 people, 8.33%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Prednisolone (12 people, 100.00%)
- Methotrexate (6 people, 50.00%)
- Enbrel (6 people, 50.00%)
- Calcium (4 people, 33.33%)
- Alendronic acid (4 people, 33.33%)
- Arava (4 people, 33.33%)
- Celecoxib (4 people, 33.33%)
- Sulfasalazine (4 people, 33.33%)
- Humira (4 people, 33.33%)
- Isoniazid (3 people, 25.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Latent Tuberculosis and Pneumonia?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Pneumonia and Latent tuberculosis
- support group for people who have Latent tuberculosis
- support group for people who have Pneumonia
Comments from related studies:
From this study (8 months ago):
I have only been on the drugs for 9 days.
Have noticed the symptoms have increased in frequency since the beginning.
While I know you are supposed to avoid alcohol, I had a cocktail and a glass of wine with dinner last night and felt intoxicated (i.e., clumsiness in walking, very tired). Those symptoms wore off and I am fine today.
From this study (9 months ago):
After third infusion of Remicade I developed pneumonia requiring hospitalization. An 8 day stay with anti-biotic treatments. I developed oral candida albicans where lozenges (200) failed to cure. Just switched to liquid solution w/I last 2 days. Doctors report I have developed pulmonary fibrosis. We are just now addressing that symptom/result. I had one more infusion 6 weeks after entering the hospital, and had negative symptoms. Doctor advises to stop all Remicade treatments. O2 intake is now at 90%, where as last year it would normally be 95%+ w/o exertion.
From this study (12 months ago):
repeated pneumonia- three times after stopping the use of nucynta
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Does zithromax cause excessive sweating at night and headache
I had a terrible sweating after taking Zithromax. I felt as if half buckets of water were constantly poured on me. I was so scared of sleeping. In fact there was no dry space on my bed to sleep on since the entire bed was drenched. I have been drinking water since 4am to replace the lost water.
- Stem cell treatment for radiation heart disease?
I'm trying to find ways to improve my heart valve function, as surgical repair has a low prognosis. This is because the cardiac skeleton is calcified and that means there is nothing to sew replacement valves to.
Does anyone have info about use of stem cells for this? Thanks for any info.
- Can taking boniva cause pneumonia?
took only 1 dose the 1st of June. Got URI 2 weeks later. Chest x-ray revealed pneumonia. Was always very healthy. Never any lung problems, hardly never even a cold. Fever getting to me after a week. Put on Levaquin after Ceftin failed to work.
More questions for: Latent tuberculosis, Pneumonia
More reviews for: Latent tuberculosis, Pneumonia
Common treatments for Latent Tuberculosis and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Latent tuberculosis symptoms:
Pneumonia related symptom studies:
- Pneumonia in Asthma (2,067 reports)
- Pneumonia in Blood pressure (4,830 reports)
- Pneumonia in Depression (2,300 reports)
- Pneumonia in Hypertension (5,147 reports)
- Pneumonia in Multiple myeloma (4,743 reports)
- Pneumonia in Multiple sclerosis (5,726 reports)
- Pneumonia in Osteoporosis (4,080 reports)
- Pneumonia in Pain (3,203 reports)
- Pneumonia in Prophylaxis nos (2,256 reports)
- Pneumonia in Rheumatoid arthritis (8,077 reports)
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.