Review: could Low thyroid cause Cough?
We study 32,862 people who have Low thyroid from FDA and social media. Among them, 648 have Cough. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Stay connected: join a mobile support group for people who have Low thyroid and Cough >>>
Low thyroid (latest reports from 130,218 patients) can be treated by Synthroid, Levothyroxine Sodium, Levoxyl, Levothroid, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Armour Thyroid.
Cough (latest reports from 488,013 patients) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, asthma, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol.
On Aug, 23, 2014: 32,862 people who have low thyroid are studied. Among them, 649 (1.97%) have Cough. They amount to 0.13% of all the 488,013 people who have Cough on eHealthMe.
Gender of people who have low thyroid and experienced Cough * :
Age of people who have low thyroid and experienced Cough * :
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Hypertension (181 people, 27.89%)
- Osteoporosis (84 people, 12.94%)
- Asthma (82 people, 12.63%)
- Pain (82 people, 12.63%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (75 people, 11.56%)
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (70 people, 10.79%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (69 people, 10.63%)
- Depression (68 people, 10.48%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (56 people, 8.63%)
- Prophylaxis (47 people, 7.24%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Synthroid (320 people, 49.31%)
- Levothyroxine sodium (217 people, 33.44%)
- Aspirin (98 people, 15.10%)
- Humira (96 people, 14.79%)
- Fosamax (90 people, 13.87%)
- Spiriva (66 people, 10.17%)
- Levoxyl (61 people, 9.40%)
- Lipitor (57 people, 8.78%)
- Nexium (46 people, 7.09%)
- Prednisone (41 people, 6.32%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
Get connected! Join a mobile support group to help out with your experience or learn from others anytime and anywhere:
- group for people who have Cough and Low thyroid
- group for people who have Low thyroid
- group for people who have Cough
Common treatments for Low Thyroid and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 weeks ago):
1. Moderate usually dry cough, sometimes mild mucous, for 8-10 years duration, no other symptoms. 2. Mild & now fully controlled hypertension duration of 5-8 years.
3. Recurrent prostatitis 10-14 years past, but symptom free since then.
4. Mild hypothyroidism, fully corrected with low-dose thyroxine.
5. Ex-smoker, began age 16, quit age 26, hasn't smoked for past 44 years.
No other known medical conditions.
From this study (6 months ago):
Started glutathione two days ago. I started coughing the first morning after the night i took it. Very strange. On top of it all , this is the second day and I feel like I have the flu. I just recovered from the flu about two weeks ago. Very strange
Ronen Brown L.A. on Feb, 12, 2014:
Your description is similar to detox symptoms which mean you are increasing your intracellular glutathione levels. A good thing to do :)
If you want to find out the best way to increase the natural production of glutathione contact me.
Ronen Brown Los Angeles
Paul on Jun, 1, 2013:
The flu symptoms are a common side effect of introducing glutathione back into the system. It's not the glutathione that's making you sicker, it's all the toxins in your body being flushed out all at once. Once they're all gone, you're body will be cleaner and healthier than it was before.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Low thyroid, Cough
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Levaquin and confusion symptoms
Confusion. Stopped dosage at day 6 of 7; prescribed 500 mg. 1 daily. I thought the confusion was from the weeks of pretty severe coughing symptoms, associated with the sinusitus - thought maybe from a lack of oxygen from not being able to breathe well for so long. I finally stopped the med. when ...
- My memory loss due to omeprazole
I took omeprazole for 20 years until I developed edema of the lower extremities. I started having memory problems right away and they still persist even though I have not taken omeprazole now for about 6 yrs. I am hoping it will dissipate or clear my system. I do not have a constant memory proble ...
- Lipitor bad reaction
I was on lipitor for 5 years started at 10mg and the headaches started. At 5 years on I was up to 80mg and had severe migraines every day. Was also diagnosed with hypothyroidism and given synthroid. Also had a prescription for migraine meds that did nothing. My daughter found out she and her kids ha ...
More reviews for: Low thyroid, Cough
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.