Home > Low thyroid > Cough > Low thyroid and Cough
Would you have Cough when you have Low thyroid?
Summary: Cough is found among people with Low thyroid, especially people who are female, 60+ old, also have Hypothyroidism, and take medication Synthroid.
We study 650 people who have Cough and Low thyroid from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Low thyroid and Cough >>>
Low thyroid (abnormally low thyroid hormone production) (latest reports from 129,604 patients) can be treated by Synthroid, Levothyroxine Sodium, Levoxyl, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Levothroid, Cytomel.
Cough (latest reports from 489,251 patients) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, asthma, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol.
On Nov, 23, 2014: 650 people who have low thyroid and Cough are studied.
Gender of people who have low thyroid and experienced Cough * :
Age of people who have low thyroid and experienced Cough * :
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Hypothyroidism (650 people, 100.00%)
- Hypertension (181 people, 27.85%)
- Osteoporosis (84 people, 12.92%)
- Asthma (82 people, 12.62%)
- Pain (82 people, 12.62%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (75 people, 11.54%)
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (70 people, 10.77%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (69 people, 10.62%)
- Depression (69 people, 10.62%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (56 people, 8.62%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Synthroid (320 people, 49.23%)
- Levothyroxine sodium (218 people, 33.54%)
- Aspirin (98 people, 15.08%)
- Humira (96 people, 14.77%)
- Fosamax (90 people, 13.85%)
- Spiriva (66 people, 10.15%)
- Levoxyl (61 people, 9.38%)
- Lipitor (57 people, 8.77%)
- Nexium (46 people, 7.08%)
- Prednisone (41 people, 6.31%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Low Thyroid and Cough?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Cough and Low thyroid
- support group for people who have Low thyroid
- support group for people who have Cough
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Caugh taking velicade but been taking for long time just starting cough
(Asked by a 78 year old man who has Cough, and takes Velcade)
Been taking Velicade for 5 yrs never had problems before. Being treated for MM
- Is it okay to take co enzyme q 10 with levothyroxine
(Asked by a 66 year old woman who has Hypothyroidism, and takes Levothyroxine Sodium)
Is it okay to take Co Enzyme Q10 with Lovothyroxine. Will it stop my Levothyroxine from working properly. I am also on Simvastaton. Would appreciate any advice on this.
- Omeprazole or pantoprazole?
(Asked by a 39 year old woman who has Hormone Level Nos Abnormal, Hypothyroidism, Tinnitus, Migraine With Aura, Blood Pressure Fluctuation, Insomnia, Ulcer - Stomach, and takes Lasix, Topamax, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Inderal, Pantoprazole)
I take an oral contraceptive, Diane-35 ED, which is not in the list of drugs to choose from on this site.
Recently, the medication I was taking for my stomach ulcer (Omeprazole) became unavailable in my country of residence and was replaced by Patoprazole. I started taking it yesterday morning a ...
- Has anyone been prescribed methotrexate for granuloma annulare?
(Asked by a 59 year old woman who has Hypothyroidism, Granuloma Annulare, and takes Topamax, Calcium , Vitamin D, Zetia, Effexor Xr, Levoxyl)
I have had GA for 2 years now, however it has gotten progressively worse the past 6 months. It has now spread over 80% of my body. I am seeing an Endocrinologist next week as I believe my thyroid may play a big role in this. My Regular Dr. suggested I speak to Endocrinologist about a drug called Met ...
- I have been on armour 8 days started at 1 grain after having been on 88 mcg synthroid.
(Asked by a 58 year old woman who has Hypothyroidism, and takes Armour Thyroid)
Was on 88mcg synthroid. Test was 4.75 tsh and low t3 3.3. Switched 8 days ago to 1 grain armour and now feel shaky. Pulse 90. Had diarrhea and vomiting last night at 1 in am. Is it working too fast? Felt good earlier in week and slept all night for first time in months.
More questions for: Low thyroid, Cough
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Faslodex driven hell
(Posted by a 60 year old woman who has Depression, Stamina, Breathing Difficulty, Muscle Pain, Bone And Joint Pain, Cough, and takes Faslodex)
I have metastatic breast cancer...which has spread to my bones. Needless to say...I'm not a happy camper. Faslodex was my oncologist’s drug of choice for me. I've been on it since July 28, 2014....My first month was loading dosage...and each month that has followed I receive two injections in m ...
- Shortness of breath after taking levothyroxine for 8-10 yrs.
(Posted by a 38 year old woman who has Hypothyroidism, and takes Levothyroxine Sodium)
I have been experiencing shortness of breath lately when taking the levothyroxine. If I stop taking it for a couple of days my shortness of breath is pretty much gone.
- Levaquin and confusion symptoms
(Posted by a 58 year old woman who has Cough, Chest Tightness, Sinusitis, and takes Levaquin)
Confusion. Stopped dosage at day 6 of 7; prescribed 500 mg. 1 daily. I thought the confusion was from the weeks of pretty severe coughing symptoms, associated with the sinusitus - thought maybe from a lack of oxygen from not being able to breathe well for so long. I finally stopped the med. when ...
- My memory loss due to omeprazole
(Posted by a 70 year old woman who has Hypothyroidism, and takes Omeprazole)
I took omeprazole for 20 years until I developed edema of the lower extremities. I started having memory problems right away and they still persist even though I have not taken omeprazole now for about 6 yrs. I am hoping it will dissipate or clear my system. I do not have a constant memory proble ...
- Lipitor bad reaction
(Posted by a 63 year old woman who has Severe Migraine, Hypothyroidism, and takes Lipitor)
I was on lipitor for 5 years started at 10mg and the headaches started. At 5 years on I was up to 80mg and had severe migraines every day. Was also diagnosed with hypothyroidism and given synthroid. Also had a prescription for migraine meds that did nothing. My daughter found out she and her kids ha ...
More reviews for: Low thyroid, Cough
- A study of drug interactions between Mucinex D, Mobic, Gotu Kola, Humira, Levothyroxine Sodium, Singulair for a patient with Sinusitis, Joint Pain, Foot, Leg, And Ankle Swelling, Crohns, Hypothyroidism, Sinus Polyp. The patient has Pain - Joints, Joint Warmth, Swelling Of A Joint
Comments: the joint pain isn't as bad as the swelling!!! its been random & moves from joint to joint...my hands & fingers more severe...ive never had these symptoms before!! my doctor has run RA panels, MS panels etc...waiting on results!! started me on Mobic.....absolutely cant tell ive taken anything...no s ...
- A study of side effects of Tirosint for a patient with Hypothyroidism. The patient has Brain Stem Glioma (cancerous glioma tumour in the brainstem), Ringing In The Ears (a ringing in the ears), Vertigo - Positional (disorder arising in the inner ear cause vertigo)
Comments: I had a radiation treatment 2 summers ago to stop the function of my thyroid due to Grave's dis ease (HYPERTHYROIDISM). I went from brand name synthroidown to a generic version they was switched by my doctor to Tirosint in June 2014. I noticed mild dizziness only occasionally until about a month ago ...
- A study of drug interactions between Excedrin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Pentasa, Cymbalta for a patient with Migraine, Hypothyroidism, Crohn's Disease, Depression. The patient has Cough Aggravated, Indigestion, Stomach Discomfort, Crohn's Disease, Ulcerative Colitis, Tremor, Hair Loss, Difficulty Breathing, Sore Throat, Choking
Comments: Jan 2014 CDiff, mucus in stool, very weak sick, stool incontinence 3-4 times a day. Had been on most meds since March 2014 after diagnosis of UC/Crohn's/Proctitis, in July I started to loose my hair in handfulls. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. I started shaking a lot and noticed facial tremors ...
- A study of drug interactions between Trazodone Hydrochloride, Xanax, Ativan, Synthroid, Effexor Xr, Seroquel, Lamictal Xr, Buspar for a patient with Chronic Insomnia, Anxiety And Stress, Hypothyroidism, Bipolar I Disorder, Insomnia Related To Another Mental Condition, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Elevated Cholesterol, Elevated Blood Sugar
Comments: In the past 3 months I've had numerous medication changes. I never had problems with blood pressure, cholesterol or sugar. I go for blood tests every three months to see if my Synthroid needs to be adjusted and the lab does a battery of other tests also.
Last year my blood sugar was 84 and choleste ...
- A study of drug interactions between Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Levothyroxine Sodium, Depo-provera for a patient with Depression, Anxiety, Ptsd, Hypothyroidism, Excessive Bleeding. The patient has Intermittent Double Vision, Osteoarthritis
Comments: Numerous MS symptoms, balance, numbness and tingling (in arms, hands, palm, fingers and thumbs) head, neck and back sweating, heat intolerent, nervousness, brain zapping, vertigo, random and sudden breathing will be blocked, no air in or out block, all toenails have callused nailbeds, brown verticle ...
More related studies for: Low thyroid, Cough
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Xarelto and Muscle Pain
- Methimazole and Thrombophlebitis
- Zyprexa and Infertility
- Biotin and Vaginal Discharge
- Gynaecomastia and Atenolol
- Can i take melatonin if i take prograf?
I take Prograf to prevent organ rejection in a liver trans ... (1 hour ago)
- What medication can i add to viibryd
Answer: I have, ADHD, depression, anxiety and recently diagnosed w ... (6 hours ago)
- What would be alternative for oxycontin 10 mg tablets?
Urine retention , I wake up with chronic pain in my lower ... (7 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- A really bad day ritalin+orange juice
I took Ritaline, then Orange juice. I couldn't do my exam ... (1 hour ago)
- Tingling feet and hands
I have used flagyl 3 times and after stopping the use of t ... (6 hours ago)
- Urea urine increased while taking topamax
I was on Topamax to lose weight. It worked for me, I lost ... (2 days ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Pantoprazole, Clonidine, Cymbalta, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Alprazolam, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Opana Er, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Augmentin '875' for a 57-year old man who has Heartburn, High Blood Pressure, Fibromyalgia, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Anxiety And Stress, Herniated Intervertebral Disk, Pain, Surgery (23 minutes ago)
- Tylenol W/ Codeine for a 25-year old woman who has TMD (1 hour ago)
- Citalopram Hydrobromide, Ativan, Budesonide for a 56-year old woman who has Anxiety, Colitis Microscopic (2 hours ago)