Home > Lupus > Insomnia > Lupus and Insomnia
Would you have Insomnia when you have Lupus?
Summary: Insomnia is found among people with Lupus, especially people who are female, 50-59 old, also have Systemic lupus erythematosus, and take medication Plaquenil.
We study 93 people who have Insomnia and Lupus from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Lupus and Insomnia >>>
Lupus (any of various ulcerous skin diseases) (latest reports from 12,502 patients) can be treated by Plaquenil, Prednisone, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate, Cellcept, Imuran, Methotrexate.
Insomnia (sleeplessness) (latest reports from 135,811 patients) has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, high blood pressure, pain, stress and anxiety.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 5,230 people who have lupus are studied. Among them, 93 (1.78%) have Insomnia.
Gender of people who have lupus and experienced Insomnia * :
Age of people who have lupus and experienced Insomnia * :
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Systemic lupus erythematosus (93 people, 100.00%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (15 people, 16.13%)
- Fibromyalgia (11 people, 11.83%)
- Pain (11 people, 11.83%)
- Osteoporosis (8 people, 8.60%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (7 people, 7.53%)
- Depression (7 people, 7.53%)
- Gastritis (5 people, 5.38%)
- Hyperthyroidism (5 people, 5.38%)
- Gastric disorder (4 people, 4.30%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Plaquenil (31 people, 33.33%)
- Benlysta (24 people, 25.81%)
- Prednisone (22 people, 23.66%)
- Prednisolone (11 people, 11.83%)
- Azathioprine (11 people, 11.83%)
- Nexium (10 people, 10.75%)
- Methotrexate (10 people, 10.75%)
- Alprazolam (9 people, 9.68%)
- Percocet (9 people, 9.68%)
- Zoloft (8 people, 8.60%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Lupus and Insomnia?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Insomnia and Lupus
- support group for people who have Lupus
- support group for people who have Insomnia
Recent conversations of related support groups:
- Support group for people who have Insomnia
My insomnia was provoked by a 'medicine cocktail', prescribed medications that were contraindicated. I just had a rough experience with Serotonin Syndrome, grateful to be alive.
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- What can i do to help my wife who is on ambien and sometimes has horrible restless leg syndrome?
(Asked by a 25 year old woman who has ADD, Restless Leg Syndrome, Insomnia, and takes Adderall, Ambien)
She will take her meds like a hour and a half before actually going to sleep. The Zambian that is and sometimes she has uncontrolled restless leg syndrome. She has to move them a certain way and everything. This last time it lasted a hour and a half. I was just wondering if there is anything I could ...
- Can meclizine cause insomnia once and sleepiness the next time
(Asked by a 58 year old woman who has Somnolence, Insomnia, and takes Meclizine)
I took Meclizine one night (as advised by pharmacist; she said it causes drowsiness), after experiencing my first attack of vertigo. It kept me awake almost all night. A couple weeks later, as I was getting ready for a special school event for my daughter, I thought another vertigo attack was coming ...
- Is there a support group in the us for people with insulinomas?
(Asked by a 44 year old woman who has Insulinoma, Pancreatic Abdominal Resection, Neuropathy - Facial, Neuropathy - Brachial Plexus, Neuropathy Peripheral, Muscle Cramps, Cataract Surgery, Strabismus, Aorto-duodenal Fistula, Pancreatic Neuroendocrine Tumour, Antiphospholipid Syndrome, Lupus, Posterior Spinal Fusion, Bone Degeneration, Osteoarthritis, Bradycardia, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Islets Of Langerhans)
SUPPORT GROUP IN UNITED STATES!!!
Hi, the only support group that I've been able to find for people with insulinomas is located in the UK... just wondering if there is one in the US. I had pancreatic surgery to remove my first insulinoma in 2012, we're thinking there's another because I'm stil ...
- I take 20mg of amitriptyline each notgh to help me sleep. i have just been diagnosed with parkinsons and need to takae azilect, whihc is an mao-b inhibotor, can i take them together
(Asked by a 66 year old woman who has Insomnia, Parkinson's Disease, and takes Azilect)
Can I take both these tables together? My consultant said it was ok to take both
but the Amitriptyline instructions say do not take with MAO-B inhibitors, Azilect is an MAO-B inhibitors
- My sister has been taking depakote cogentin and geodon and suffers with great memory loss inability to carry on a conversation and drops things all the time is this the effect of these drugs?
(Asked by a 55 year old woman who has Halucinations, Talking Out Of Her Head, Sleeping Difficulty, Falling , Memory Loss, and takes Wellbutrin, Prozac, Geodon, Cogentin, Depakote)
Sister takes over 16 perscriptions but the ones mentioned are severe.. due to being bi-polar, and severe agoraphobia and anxiety with depression..is this now her life? Not being able to fully comprehend or remember anything? Dropping things and falling when under the full impact of this medication? ...
More questions for: Lupus, Insomnia
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Doxylamine succinate and severe restless legs and insomnia
(Posted by a 53 year old woman who has Insomnia, Severe Restless Legs, and takes Doxylamine Succinate)
Could not sleep so took 2 doxylamine gel tablets. Got very sleepy but could not actually fall asleep. So I ended up, over the next few hours, taking 3 more. More sleepiness and more restless legs, and still couldn't sleep At All. Up the entire night but couldn't really do anything cause I was so ...
- Lorazepam nearly killed me during cancer treatment
(Posted by a 66 year old woman who has Insomnia, Bowel Movement Irregularity, Withdrawal Syndrome, and takes Wellbutrin Sr, Prozac, Lorazepam)
Day 31 of cold turkey and I want to die. It is a roller coaster from body tics and sweats to rage and crying in one day. I felt so good the 4h day of c/t. It was like before my cancer diagnosis. My bowels are better off Lorazepam. I threw up during bowel movements from the pain. Off Lorazepam first ...
- Zolpidem er side effects
(Posted by a 60 year old woman who has Bipolar Ii Disorder, Sleeping Difficulty, and takes Zolpidem Tartrate)
I was in this medicaion for 2 weeks.I had severe headache,muscular backache and a rash in one side of my body.I didn't had problems falling asleep but I had problems staying asllep.I will switch to Lunesta 3mg.
- Lipitor and panic attack insomnia
(Posted by a 55 year old man who has Anxiety, Panic Attack, Insomnia, and takes Lipitor)
My doctor put me on generic lipitor my triglycerides were slightly high 158 vs 150 goal and cholesterol not bad 128/28 although my ratio is bad. After less than a week on the medicine I woke up at 3 am wide awake and unable to calm down. I had anxiety issues several years go but have been off t ...
- Lupus induced by amoxicillin
(Posted by a 49 year old woman who has Lupus Erythematosus, and takes Amoxicillin)
Was given Amoxicillin for Strep Throat and on day 10 I noticed a rash starting on my torso and began to feel ill, as if I had the flu. Went to emerg and got sent home with Benadryl. Woke up the next morning to the rash getting worse and an overall feeling of fatigue. Went to emerg again and this ...
More reviews for: Lupus, Insomnia
- A study of side effects of Hydromorphone Hydrochloride for a patient with Lupus. The patient has Weight Gain - Unintentional
Comments: I have Lupus and Fibromyalgia and I had surgery on my intestine. 5 1/2 inches were taken removed from my rectum because of a polyp that was flat against the wall of my intestine. My joints and muscles are really sore and because I was given prednisone for years my bones are very bad. I get a shot of ...
- A study of side effects of Lo Loestrin Fe for a patient with Help Painful Monthly Cycle. The patient has Insomnia (sleeplessness)
Comments: My obgyn tried this pill to help my cycles. My cycles were painful 3 out of 4 weeks a month. I have had a lot of stress going on in my life so I blew it off as that was why I am crying, can't sleep/well and ready to blow at any time. Now I am wondering if it is the pill.
- A study of drug interactions between Omega-3, Biotin, Multivitamin, Vitamin B12, Restasis, Vyvanse, Escitalopram, Plaquenil, Alprazolam, Trazodone Hydrochloride for a patient with Malnutrition, Sjogren's Syndrome, Add, Depression, Lupus, Anxiety, Fibromyalgia. The patient has Eating Disorder, Anxiety And Stress, Ocd, Weight Below Normal
Comments: In 2011- Gastric Bypass (wt 245#), In Feb. 2014, I weighed 145#. I am 5'8", Dr. wants me at 155#.
Increased stress from a new roommate in April caused severe anxiety resulting to weight dropping in July to 120# and subsequent diag of severe malnutrition. Anxiety is Diag and Alprazolam prescribed. ...
- A study of drug interactions between Alprazolam, Lorazepam, Pristiq, Synthroid, Cytomel for a patient with Anxiety Disorder, Essential Tremor, Md, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis. The patient has Uneasiness, Muscle Pain, Sleeplessness, Fatigue, Dizziness
Comments: Concerned could have Serotonin Syndrome....not sure how long body takes to adjust to change in meds. From 100mcg.Synthroid to 75mcg then 5mcg
Cytomel added...have been on Pristiq (100mg for 5 years with one adjustment and little to no adverse side effects)...been on Synthroid for 44 years. Could th ...
- A study of drug interactions between Restoril, Omeprazole for a patient with Insomnia, Gerd. The patient has Ear Wax, Insomnia
Comments: While on genetic restoril I am wearing a heart monitor because of pulse 125. For 4 hrs
I am not going to take this to see if palpitations or tachycardia stops
Is this fairly common. The drug has been a miracle worker but I am now afraid to take it
More related studies for: Lupus, Insomnia
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.