Home > Lyme disease > Dysphagia > Lyme disease and Dysphagia
Would you have Dysphagia (Swallowing difficulty) when you have Lyme disease?
Summary: Dysphagia is found among people with Lyme disease, especially people who are female, 50-59 old, and take medication Synthroid.
We study 6 people who have Dysphagia (Swallowing difficulty) and Lyme disease from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Lyme disease and Dysphagia >>>
Lyme disease (a bacterial infection that is spread to humans by infected ticks) can be treated by Doxycycline Hyclate, Doxycycline, Amoxicillin, Ceftin, Plaquenil, Biaxin. (view latest reports from 1,451 patients)
Dysphagia (condition in which swallowing is difficult or painful) (latest reports from 36,324 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, pain, multiple sclerosis, depression.
On Nov, 29, 2014: 6 people who have lyme disease and Dysphagia are studied.
Gender of people who have lyme disease and experienced Dysphagia * :
Age of people who have lyme disease and experienced Dysphagia * :
Severity of the symptom * :
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :n/a
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Synthroid (6 people, 100.00%)
- Zantac (6 people, 100.00%)
- Restasis (6 people, 100.00%)
- Doryx (6 people, 100.00%)
- Aldactone (6 people, 100.00%)
- Progesterone (4 people, 66.67%)
- Vibramycin (2 people, 33.33%)
- Calcium gluconate (1 people, 16.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Lyme Disease and Dysphagia?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Dysphagia and Lyme disease
- support group for people who have Lyme disease
- support group for people who have Dysphagia
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- How do you overcome difficulty swallowing. with avapro
(Asked by a 69 year old man who has Impaired Swallowing, Difficulty Swallowing, and takes Avapro, Amlodipine Besylate)
I have been taking AVAPRO for about five years. There is a lot of difficulty swallowing, I just switch amlodipne and have the same problem.
Any ideas what would be an alternative to these 2 drugs or what you can do to relief this.
I have read that taking daily aspirin and vitamin C can cause this. ...
More questions for: Lyme disease, Dysphagia
More reviews for: Lyme disease, Dysphagia
- A study of drug interactions between Wellbutrin Xl, Clonidine for a patient with Depression, Flushing. The patient has Neck Pain, Swallowing Difficulty
Comments: Swallowing Difficulty- Feels as though muscles may be uncoordinated on one side of the throat, or muscles are too tight and causing pressure on throat. Have had this problem on and off for about 3 years. It is a mild discomfort that can be temporarily relieved by stretch the muscles on the left side ...
- A study of side effects of Microgestin Fe 1.5/30 for a patient with Birth Control. The patient has Rapid Heart Beat, Swallowing Difficulty, Rapid Deep Breathing (hyperventilation)
Comments: i have never had this problem before. i smoked marijuana on 2 separate occasions where i got very pale, blue lips, cold sweats, belching, bloated stomach, dizziness, vision gone, and could barely hear. it starts with difficulty swallowing and heavy breathing that leads into the panic. the second tim ...
- A study of side effects of Zoloft for a patient with Depression. The patient has Swallowing Difficulty
Comments: I had been taking Zoloft for approximately two weeks. Within a week, I started having difficulty swallowing. Felt like something lodge in throat. I have been off the medication for approximately 2 days, and the symptoms have decreased but not fully.
- A study of drug interactions between Valium, Fentanyl for a patient with Pain. The patient has Itching, Sweating Increased, Swallowing Difficulty, Stomach Pain
Comments: I have been on transdermal fentanyl for five years. I got up to 100mcg/72 hours. I tried to wean down to get off the fentanyl patches and got down to 25 mcg. but had to increase to 50 mcg. due to pain. I have many allergies and cannot take proton pump inhibitors, Benadryl, or nausea medicines. I ha ...
- A study of drug interactions between Biaxin, Bactrim Ds for a patient with Lyme Disease - Chronic Persistent. The patient has Dysphagia
Comments: Also have Bartonella. Probably having a herxheimer reaction.
Dysphalgia has been intermittent and infrequent, but episodes last for several days.
Begins suddenly, rather than getting progressively worse.
Can swallow liquids (including thick ones like milkshakes) without trouble, but solid ...
More related studies for: Lyme disease, Dysphagia
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Menstrual Cramps
- Cataflam and Duragesic-100
- Adderall 20
- Propranolol Hydrochloride
- Can clindamycin irritate a hi hernia?
Since I have been taking for 4 days my hi hernia has been ... (6 hours ago)
- Can carafate causa a false negative for opiate and clonazepam?
I was in the hospital foe 15 days for acute pancreatitis, ... (10 hours ago)
- What type of seizure do people have using clonidine
My son has been having drop seizures & i believe the Cloni ... (14 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- Amitriptyline involuntary eye movements
I've began having sparatic involuntary eye movements a few ... (3 days ago)
- Hair loss with enbrel
I have been on Enbrel for 4 months and started seeing sign ... (3 days ago)
- Jaw pain and naproxen
Taking naproxen for pain relief of mortons neuromas. 500 m ... (3 days ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Celexa, Klonopin, Adderall 20, Accutane for a 19-year old girl who has Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Anxiety Disorder Nec, ADD, Acne (34 minutes ago)
- Klonopin, Skelaxin, Prednisone, Adderall 20, Lipitor, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Ambien, Mestinon for a 62-year old man who has Myalgia, Myasthenia Gravis, High Blood Cholesterol, Insomnia (1 hour ago)
- Chlorpheniramine Maleate for a 18-year old boy who has N-A-G (1 hour ago)