Would you have Agitation when you have Menopause?
Summary: Agitation is found among people with Menopause, especially people who are female, 50-59 old, also have Hypertension, and take medication Estradiol.
We study 28 people who have Agitation and Menopause from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Menopause and Agitation >>>
Menopause (end of monthly cycles in women) can be treated by Estradiol, Premarin, Prempro, Progesterone, Vivelle-dot, Prometrium. (latest reports from Menopause 4,919 patients)
Agitation (state of anxiety or nervous excitement) has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, pain, stress and anxiety, high blood pressure.(latest reports from Agitation 54,307 patients)
On Nov, 30, 2014: 28 people who have menopause and Agitation are studied.
Age of people who have menopause and experienced Agitation * :
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Hypertension (5 people, 17.86%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (2 people, 7.14%)
- Somatoform disorder (2 people, 7.14%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (2 people, 7.14%)
- Depression (2 people, 7.14%)
- Panic attack (2 people, 7.14%)
- Anxiety (2 people, 7.14%)
- Cardiac disorder (1 people, 3.57%)
- Hypothyroidism (1 people, 3.57%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (1 people, 3.57%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Estradiol (25 people, 89.29%)
- Arimidex (25 people, 89.29%)
- Estrace (25 people, 89.29%)
- Lisinopril (25 people, 89.29%)
- Prempro (25 people, 89.29%)
- Gentamicin (24 people, 85.71%)
- Ibandronate sodium (24 people, 85.71%)
- Femhrt (24 people, 85.71%)
- Erythromycin ethylsuccinate (24 people, 85.71%)
- Combipatch (24 people, 85.71%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Menopause and Agitation?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Agitation and Menopause
- support group for people who have Menopause
- support group for people who have Agitation
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Menopause, Agitation
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Generalised anxiety relief for me
It's been almost a year on Viibryd. I have not had the brain fog/lack of personality I had with Zoloft, I feel like myself and not a zombie. It was a slightly rough start the first two weeks of it due to some increased agitation and insomnia but at a snap of a finger that was gone. I'm on a mild dose of 10mg which seems to do the trick. I do however notice quickly if I miss a dose. There have been no sexual side effets and as far as weight gain... there's been a some but I was also post-baby, tubes tied and started on birth control due to hormone issues so i'm not sure I can blame it on the Viibryd. I take the 20mg pill and cut it in half but i've taken the 10mg and i almost feel like the 10mg (no cutting of it) works better... I'm overall a happy camper with this drug.
- Still ill after several years (1 response)
I became ill several years ago.
It all started with a head cold that lasted a few months and left me with Tinnitus and chronic sinusitis.
After a nose operation and many visits to the doc and hospital, I am no closer to felling better or being cured.
My doc gave me Beconase Aq at first and this made me very unwell, causing me fatigue which would last for a few days. I'm still searching for help.
- Epilepsy and depression drug side effects (2 responses)
42yo male having infrequent seizures since he was 19yo.
Was recently placed on Neurontin and Topamax after a single seizure. This combination of meds appeared to increase the frequency of seizures ( from 1 every few years unmedicated, to 1 every month ). Dosage being increased after each seizure. No seizure control achieved.
Changed Neurologist, had a 48hr EEG and was changed to Sodium Valproate.
Have not had a Tonic Clinic seizure since. Suffer myoclnic seizures every day, Lamotrogine and Lacitimal? and Topamx introduced to try a stop the myoclonus... Lamotrogine made them far worse and dizzyness caused by Lacitimal was un-bearable even at very small dose.
Over the last 3yrs I have noticed and my family even commented on my changed personality - from a care free to someone that is easily aggitated and angry...even when I know things like young children being noisey etc shouldn't make me snap, they do... I know its wrong, but can't help myself... and then hate myself for being so "short" or intolerant of petty things.
My weight increased by 30kg with 4 months... more than 40% increase in weight.
My hair just falling out, by the 1000's every day... my bike helmet is full of hair and when washing, hair is visible in the shampoo bubbles.
My gums bleed very easily and they no longer grow up around the base of my teeth - they seem to be retracting away ( believe this message s called attrophy ).
Have researched quite extensively to see the likely hood of all these medical problem I have now being associated with the medications I take for my primary condition ( epilepsy ).. And given the frequency of seizure off medication is every few years, seeking advice from or to hear from anyone with similar conditions about how they addressed them and if they remained on the medications.
From this web site, all my symptoms seems to affect a very low % of people taking the meds... am I trying to link medical concerns to the medications unjustly... the likely hood of suffering all these side effects is extremely remote when most affect only 2 or 3 in100 people.
( likely hood of suffering all 5 conditions = approx 1 in 40,000,000
- more likey to be hypercondriact aren't I?
More reviews for: Menopause, Agitation
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- doc says that i have diskinesia but reading few articles on akithisia , those symptoms are matching with my present state. pls clarify if i can ever come out of this condition? no one in my family has such disease and it started a year back.
- This drug does not help a person with social anxiety and or panic disorder. I was tired for the first couple of days but couldn't sleep due to restless leg. Now, after three weeks of taking it, I'm up til 2am. Does not help me sleep. I feel restless and tired/awake.
- While at a conference, I experienced bradycardia and passed out. I went to the ER and all tests run (EKG, labs, CT Scan) were all normal. I am worried that it will happen again. The Estradol/Norethindrone Acetate is the only drug I am currently taking. I have no chronic illnesses.
- Following moderate whiplash injury in a road traffic accident three years ago, symptoms of pain, exhaustion, IBS, headache, nausea have continued and my quality of life consists of work and recovering.
- had a very bad respiratory infection in March - from which my voice has never recovered. Very hoarse and the hoarseness is getting worse rather than better. Not sick in any other way. Doctor said to continue takine the mucinex - i'm wondering if that could be hurting more than helping
More related studies for: Menopause, Agitation
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.