Home > Menopause > Diarrhea > Menopause and Diarrhea
Review: could Menopause cause Diarrhea?
We study 3,935 people who have Menopause from FDA and social media. Among them, 134 have Diarrhea. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Get a free personalized report of your drugs: we study for you 352 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. Start to use eHealthMe >>>
Menopause (end of monthly cycles in women) (latest reports from 13,787 patients) can be treated by Estradiol, Premarin, Prempro, Prometrium, Progesterone, Femhrt.
Diarrhea (latest reports from 1,096,425 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, depression.
On Sep, 13, 2014: 3,934 people who have menopause are studied. Among them, 134 (3.41%) have Diarrhea.
Age of people who have menopause and experienced Diarrhea * :
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Hypertension (29 people, 21.64%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (22 people, 16.42%)
- Depression (17 people, 12.69%)
- Osteopenia (17 people, 12.69%)
- Osteoporosis (16 people, 11.94%)
- Multiple sclerosis (16 people, 11.94%)
- Hypothyroidism (15 people, 11.19%)
- Pain (14 people, 10.45%)
- Hot flush (14 people, 10.45%)
- Atrial fibrillation (14 people, 10.45%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Premarin (50 people, 37.31%)
- Vitamin d (39 people, 29.10%)
- Fosamax (29 people, 21.64%)
- Celebrex (29 people, 21.64%)
- Provera (28 people, 20.90%)
- Prempro (27 people, 20.15%)
- Lipitor (23 people, 17.16%)
- Estradiol (22 people, 16.42%)
- Vioxx (21 people, 15.67%)
- Zoloft (20 people, 14.93%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Menopause and Diarrhea?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who have Diarrhea and Menopause
- group for people who have Menopause
- group for people who have Diarrhea
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 hours ago):
LizBeet on Sep, 11, 2014:
Worried about achlorhydria with long-term antihistamine use; 13yo boy is smaller than peers and has 2+ extremely loose bowel movements daily.
From this study (2 days ago):
My most severe symptoms would be the shortness of breath, muscle weakness and this chronic pain under my left rib that goes around to my back and up to my shoulder blade. Occasionally that pain will go to my left chest, clavicle and jaw. But all of my pain is on the left side. I have degenerative disc disease and spinal stenosis too. Chronic headaches are dizziness are awful and debilitating.
Arlene. on Sep, 8, 2014:
I am afraid to take Gabapentin. I do not suffer from seizures but I hear people can have a seizure taking this med, is that for real truth or as they say 10% of 36,000.
From this study (3 days ago):
diarrhea continues even tho switched from multaq to Amiodarone 100mg. day.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Menopause, Diarrhea
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Isoniazid: the downside continued
I also have extreme fatigue. I can sleep 8 hours and then take a 4 hour nap. I have dizziness which seems to be increasing in the last few weeks. I have nausea on and off. I have diarrhea in the morning 45 minutes after taking it. Then I am mostly constipated for the rest of the day. It seems ...
- Gemfibrozil, depression and sleepiness
I would like to hear from anyone who has had these symptoms, and how they dealt with it, by either lowering dosage or quitting the med, or other. Also would like to hear from others who continued to drink moderately and if this drug lowered their triglycerides...or those who were no longer able to ...
More reviews for: Menopause, Diarrhea
Common treatments for Menopause and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Menopause symptoms:
Diarrhea related symptom studies:
- Diarrhea in Arthritis - rheumatoid (4,566 reports)
- Diarrhea in Blood pressure (7,465 reports)
- Diarrhea in Depression (4,494 reports)
- Diarrhea in Diabetes mellitus non-insulin-dependent (4,230 reports)
- Diarrhea in Dyslipidemia (3,936 reports)
- Diarrhea in High blood pressure (7,886 reports)
- Diarrhea in Inflammatory bowel disease - crohn's disease (3,665 reports)
- Diarrhea in Ms (3,260 reports)
- Diarrhea in Osteoporosis (4,399 reports)
- Diarrhea in Pain (4,528 reports)
Diarrhea is also known as: Diarrhoea, Frequent bowel movements, Loose bowel movements, Stools - watery.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.