Home > Menopause > Suicide attempt > Menopause and Suicide attempt
Would you have Suicide attempt when you have Menopause?
Summary: Suicide attempt is found among people with Menopause, especially people who are female, 50-59 old, also have Depression, and take medication Premarin.
We study 23 people who have Suicide attempt and Menopause from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Menopause and Suicide attempt >>>
Menopause (end of monthly cycles in women) (latest reports from 13,813 patients) can be treated by Estradiol, Premarin, Prempro, Progesterone, Prometrium, Femhrt.
Suicide attempt (latest reports from 145,278 patients) has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, stress and anxiety, pain, bipolar disorder.
On Oct, 28, 2014: 3,941 people who have menopause are studied. Among them, 23 (0.58%) have Suicide Attempt.
Age of people who have menopause and experienced Suicide attempt * :
|Suicide attempt||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||27.27%||45.45%||31.82% |
Severity of the symptom * :
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Depression (20 people, 86.96%)
- Anxiety (20 people, 86.96%)
- Vulvovaginal dryness (15 people, 65.22%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (9 people, 39.13%)
- Migraine (6 people, 26.09%)
- Contraception (6 people, 26.09%)
- Stress (4 people, 17.39%)
- Hypothyroidism (4 people, 17.39%)
- Hormone replacement therapy (4 people, 17.39%)
- Pain (4 people, 17.39%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Premarin (23 people, 100.00%)
- Prempro (22 people, 95.65%)
- Valium (20 people, 86.96%)
- Prozac (18 people, 78.26%)
- Estraderm (18 people, 78.26%)
- Provera (18 people, 78.26%)
- Evista (15 people, 65.22%)
- Chantix (7 people, 30.43%)
- Promethazine (5 people, 21.74%)
- Vicodin (5 people, 21.74%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Menopause and Suicide Attempt?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Suicide Attempt and Menopause
- support group for people who have Menopause
- support group for people who have Suicide Attempt
Recent conversations of related support groups:
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- If i have had a heart attack in th elast five years, can i take lasix (profemin)
(Asked by a 56 year old woman who has Menopause, and takes Lasix)
I take antidepressants and would like ot know if this medication would work for my Menopause symptoms. I had a heart attack 3 years ago that I think may have been linked to another antidepressant. Can I take this safely?
- Is trazodone as opposed to paxil better for menopause symptoms?
(Asked by a 56 year old woman who has Menopause, Insomnia, and takes Trazodone Hydrochloride, Paxil)
Does Trazodone or Paxil offer better relief for menopause & insomnia? I am currently using Trazodone & am reluctant & frightened to switch to Paxil, which my current Dr. is prescribing. Please offer advice.
- Can i take garcinia cambogia while taking paxil and synthroid?
(Asked by a 52 year old woman who has Depression - Chronic, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Hypothyroidism - Thyroid Nodules, Menopause, and takes Paxil, Synthroid, Calcitriol, Calcium, Vitamin D, Fish Oil, Garcinia Cambogia)
I've suffered from depression and generalized anxiety most of my life never understanding what was wrong with me.! 10 years ago an internist doctor prescribed -Effexor-. It helped a little, not much
Two years ago after a -Parathyroid surgery- and ovary surgery, started menopause.
- Is there a connection between excess saliva and menopause?
(Asked by a 49 year old woman who has Menopause)
Wondering if the problem is menopause ... or something else.
- Does neurontin help with hot flashes and night sweats?
(Asked by a 63 year old woman who has Menopause, and takes Neurontin)
I have had hot flashes and night sweats since 2009. I have been on hormone replacement therapy for almost 10 years and my doctor felt it was time to get off them, which I agree. I have tried Effexor and Paxil but developed side effects. She wants me to try neurontin to reduce my hot flashes and n ...
More questions for: Menopause, Suicide attempt
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Wellbutrin buproprion two suicide attempts
(Posted by a 54 year old woman who has Suicide Attempt, and takes Bupropion Hydrochloride)
Started taking Buproprion and almost immediately had suicide ideation but didn't connect it to the med. Did not want to be here anymore and one week later tried to OD but woke up in the morning. Two weeks later wrote a suicide note to my therapist and again tried to OD. She called the police and t ...
More reviews for: Menopause, Suicide attempt
More related studies for: Menopause, Suicide attempt
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.