Would you have Suicide attempt when you have Menopause?
Summary: Suicide attempt is found among people with Menopause, especially people who are female, 50-59 old, also have Depression, and take medication Premarin.
We study 23 people who have Suicide attempt and Menopause from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Menopause and Suicide attempt >>>
Menopause (end of monthly cycles in women) can be treated by Estradiol, Premarin, Prempro, Prometrium, Progesterone, Vivelle-dot. (latest reports from Menopause 4,919 patients)
Suicide attempt has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, stress and anxiety, pain, bipolar disorder.(latest reports from Suicide attempt 32,124 patients)
On Nov, 28, 2014: 23 people who have menopause and Suicide Attempt are studied.
Age of people who have menopause and experienced Suicide attempt * :
|Suicide attempt||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||26.09%||43.48%||30.43% |
Severity of the symptom * :
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Depression (20 people, 86.96%)
- Anxiety (20 people, 86.96%)
- Vulvovaginal dryness (15 people, 65.22%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (9 people, 39.13%)
- Migraine (6 people, 26.09%)
- Contraception (6 people, 26.09%)
- Stress (4 people, 17.39%)
- Hypothyroidism (4 people, 17.39%)
- Hormone replacement therapy (4 people, 17.39%)
- Pain (4 people, 17.39%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Premarin (23 people, 100.00%)
- Prempro (22 people, 95.65%)
- Valium (20 people, 86.96%)
- Prozac (18 people, 78.26%)
- Estraderm (18 people, 78.26%)
- Provera (18 people, 78.26%)
- Evista (15 people, 65.22%)
- Chantix (7 people, 30.43%)
- Promethazine (5 people, 21.74%)
- Vicodin (5 people, 21.74%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Menopause and Suicide Attempt?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Suicide Attempt and Menopause
- support group for people who have Menopause
- support group for people who have Suicide Attempt
Recent conversations of related support groups:
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- If i have had a heart attack in th elast five years, can i take lasix (profemin)
I take antidepressants and would like ot know if this medication would work for my Menopause symptoms. I had a heart attack 3 years ago that I think may have been linked to another antidepressant. Can I take this safely?
- Is trazodone as opposed to paxil better for menopause symptoms?
Does Trazodone or Paxil offer better relief for menopause & insomnia? I am currently using Trazodone & am reluctant & frightened to switch to Paxil, which my current Dr. is prescribing. Please offer advice.
- Can i take garcinia cambogia while taking paxil and synthroid? (5 answers)
I've suffered from depression and generalized anxiety most of my life never understanding what was wrong with me.! 10 years ago an internist doctor prescribed -Effexor-. It helped a little, not much
Two years ago after a -Parathyroid surgery- and ovary surgery, started menopause.
Different doctors gave me medications, didn't know they all were for depression
It's a miracle that I'm still alive -literally-. Currently taking Paxil and Synthroid. Can I start taking Garcinia Cambogia and Royal Jelly without drug interaction? I put on about 40 lb. in the 2 years of "Literally Hell that I went through.
Even with medication, still struggling with anxiety and depression.!
Thank you for all your help!!!.- Eloise
- Is there a connection between excess saliva and menopause?
Wondering if the problem is menopause ... or something else.
- Does neurontin help with hot flashes and night sweats?
I have had hot flashes and night sweats since 2009. I have been on hormone replacement therapy for almost 10 years and my doctor felt it was time to get off them, which I agree. I have tried Effexor and Paxil but developed side effects. She wants me to try neurontin to reduce my hot flashes and night sweats. I am very concerned about taking this drug. Any comments?
More questions for: Menopause, Suicide attempt
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Wellbutrin buproprion two suicide attempts
Started taking Buproprion and almost immediately had suicide ideation but didn't connect it to the med. Did not want to be here anymore and one week later tried to OD but woke up in the morning. Two weeks later wrote a suicide note to my therapist and again tried to OD. She called the police and they picked me up and took me to the emergency room. Both times I tried to OD on Alcohol and the Buproprion. The first time I took it and just went to bed. The second time I don't remember the note or getting into my car with no shoes and no purse and police pulled me over for the suicidal note to my therapist. They took me to the hospital along with me getting a DUI which I was barely over the alcohol limit.
More reviews for: Menopause, Suicide attempt
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- Was prescribed gabapentin 7 yr ago for left fibula fracture and foot dislocation. Severe foot nerve pain.both ankles have been swelling for years.was told by Dr's it was chronic edema from injury. But never explained why in both ankles? ? In last month my feet and calves have became severely red lik ...
- While at a conference, I experienced bradycardia and passed out. I went to the ER and all tests run (EKG, labs, CT Scan) were all normal. I am worried that it will happen again. The Estradol/Norethindrone Acetate is the only drug I am currently taking. I have no chronic illnesses.
- Following moderate whiplash injury in a road traffic accident three years ago, symptoms of pain, exhaustion, IBS, headache, nausea have continued and my quality of life consists of work and recovering.
- I'm highly educated and very successful, and I was never suicidal until.....Two weeks after being prescribed Prozac for insomnia I felt worthless and hopeless. The urge to commit suicide was as strong as breathing; I shot myself in the chest. Never did my doctor or pharmacist mention suicide as a ...
- had a very bad respiratory infection in March - from which my voice has never recovered. Very hoarse and the hoarseness is getting worse rather than better. Not sick in any other way. Doctor said to continue takine the mucinex - i'm wondering if that could be hurting more than helping
More related studies for: Menopause, Suicide attempt
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.