Home > Migraine > Psychotic disorder > Migraine and Psychotic disorder
Would you have Psychotic disorder when you have Migraine?
Summary: Psychotic disorder is found among people with Migraine, especially people who are female, 30-39 old, also have Depression, and take medication Topamax.
We study 74 people who have Psychotic disorder and Migraine from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Migraine and Psychotic disorder >>>
Migraine (headache) (latest reports from 173,300 patients) can be treated by Topamax, Imitrex, Topiramate, Maxalt, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Propranolol Hydrochloride.
Psychotic disorder (latest reports from 83,421 patients) has been reported by people with schizophrenia, depression, quit smoking, pain, bipolar disorder.
On Oct, 24, 2014: 25,953 people who have migraine are studied. Among them, 74 (0.29%) have Psychotic Disorder.
Gender of people who have migraine and experienced Psychotic disorder * :
|Psychotic disorder||85.06%||14.94% |
Age of people who have migraine and experienced Psychotic disorder * :
|Psychotic disorder||0.00%||0.00%||20.55%||19.18%||28.77%||17.81%||10.96%||4.11% |
Severity of the symptom * :
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Depression (10 people, 13.51%)
- Pain (7 people, 9.46%)
- Insomnia (6 people, 8.11%)
- Anxiety (6 people, 8.11%)
- Cognitive disorder (5 people, 6.76%)
- Muscle spasms (5 people, 6.76%)
- Bipolar disorder (4 people, 5.41%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (4 people, 5.41%)
- Convulsion (3 people, 4.05%)
- Multiple sclerosis (3 people, 4.05%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Topamax (39 people, 52.70%)
- Topiramate (17 people, 22.97%)
- Lexapro (12 people, 16.22%)
- Neurontin (8 people, 10.81%)
- Baclofen (8 people, 10.81%)
- Paxil (7 people, 9.46%)
- Bisacodyl (7 people, 9.46%)
- Lorazepam (7 people, 9.46%)
- Promethazine (7 people, 9.46%)
- Ibuprofen (7 people, 9.46%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Migraine and Psychotic Disorder?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Psychotic Disorder and Migraine
- support group for people who have Migraine
- support group for people who have Psychotic Disorder
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is it my thyroid or am i mentally ill? diagnosed w/ hashimoto's thyroiditis but untreated - chronic pain unmanaged also
(Asked by a 54 year old woman who has Spondylosis, Autoimmune Disorder, Asthma Late Onset, Migraine, Degenerative Joint Disease, Lumbar Spinal Stenosis, Facet Joint Syndrome, Sacroiliitis, Diverticulosis, PTSD, IBS, Traumatic Brain Injury, Pelvic Congestion, Fibromyalgia, Interstitial Cystitis (IC), Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, and takes Albuterol Sulfate, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Maxalt, Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Oxycontin, Alvesco, Levothyroxine Thyroid)
I moved to OR from HI and brought all my records, signed releases, and had many diagnoses, all but the thyroid, was being treated and long-term. I also took Oxycontin & Oxycodone for severe chronic pain from bilateral SI joint fusion (right screw protrudes & leg also becomes numb and weak with acti ...
- Will using butalbital 6-7 times a month for migraines result in dependency?
(Asked by a 50 year old man who has Migraines, and takes Multivitamin, Aspirin, Ranitidine, Glucosamine)
I experience migraines 6-7 times a month and have found butalbital/aspirin/caffeine to be very effective in managing pain. Does anyone know if this rate of usage can cause dependency? I have been taking butalbital since 2007. My migraines are very unpredictable--occasionally I will go 2-3 weeks with ...
- Will prednizone help relieve migraines
(Asked by a 37 year old woman who has Migraines)
Suffering continuous migraines as I've been diagnosed with lymes disease for about 10 yrs
- How do you fix gastritis headaches when you get them everyday?
(Asked by a 40 year old woman who has Gastritis, Migraine, Acid Reflux)
I was diagnosed with Esophagus Acid Reflex and gastritis two months ago. Everyday now for the last two months I have been suffering migraine headaches. None of my doctors seem to know why or how to fix it. Is there a certain diet I should be eating that would make the headaches stay away? Is there a ...
- What vitamins can not be taken with fluconazole? anyone know?
(Asked by a 56 year old woman who has Chronic Lyme Disease, Arthritis, Migraines, Nural In Brain / Weight Loss, Seizures / Blackouts, Xanax, and takes Fluconazole, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Xanax)
I was thinking I heard that you can't take certain Vitamins while on Diflucan/ fluconazole. Has anyone heard of this before? Just trying to play it safe! Don't need any reactions. thanks Cin
More questions for: Migraine, Psychotic disorder
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Imetrix verses butalb/acet/caffeine
(Posted by a 58 year old woman who has Migraines, and takes Imitrex)
I have taken both Imitrex and Butalb/acet/caffeine and I have to say that Imitrex works far better than the other one! The substitute I was given for Imitrex doesn't even touch my migraine pain.
- Wheezing stopped after topamax sessesion
(Posted by a 62 year old woman who has Meniere's Disease, Fibromyalgia Syndrome, Migraines, and takes Fexofenadine Hydrochloride)
Wheezing noted by primary physician in this non-smoker. Stopped Topamax per doctor's instruction. 48 hours later was examined by physician and noted that wheezing stopped.
- Review: could lyrica cause intracranial pressure increased?
(Posted by a 62 year old woman who has History Of Concussions, Migraines, Neuropathy, and takes Lyrica)
One dose (75mg) caused severe head pain (increased intracranial pressure) and nausea.
- Bad side effect of melatonin/imitrex use together
(Posted by a 55 year old woman who has Insomnia, Migraine, and takes Melatonin, Imitrex)
I have taken melatonin for insomnia I've been experiencing recently (not a chronic condition). I haven't had any problems or interactions with my other regular medications while using the melatonin, other than drowsiness in the morning. Last night I had a migraine at bedtime, so took 50 mg. of imi ...
- My reaction to talking sumatriptan for the first time.
(Posted by a 16 year old girl who has Asthma, Migraines, Dizziness, Tightness In Chest, Difficulty Breathing, Confusion, Unable To Speak Or Swallow, Swollen Neck, Abdominal Pain, Unable To Walk, Neck Pain, Shaking Uncontrollably, Loss Of Feeling In Right Side, and takes Sumatriptan)
after 10 minutes of taking the sumatriptan tablet i got all of the symptoms i stated and from those i developed a rare movement disorder called 'Dystonia' that has affected my right foot making me unable to walk and my right hand making me unable to write.
More reviews for: Migraine, Psychotic disorder
- A study of drug interactions between Codeine Sulfate, Sumatriptan, Sertraline, Zorvolex, Topiramate, Gabapentin, Carbamazepine, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride, Baclofen for a patient with Pain, Migraine, Depression, Temporomandibular Joint Syndrome, Neuralgia. The patient has Red Blood Cell Count Decreased
Comments: No yet taken any drugs to remedy
- A study of drug interactions between Wellbutrin Xl, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Victoza, Relpax, Humalog Pen, Lantus Solostar, Etodolac, Hydrochlorothiazide, Verapamil Hydrochloride, Lisinopril, Metformin for a patient with Chronic Depression, Chronic Insomnia, Diabetes, Migraine, Arthritis - Osteoarthritis, Hypertension. The patient has Dementia, Burping, Yellow Stool, Nausea, Diarrhea, Chills, Vomiting
Comments: # 3 events over 21 days - chills, vomiting, diarrhea, sulfur smelling burps, reduced cognitive abilities approx. 7 days apart.
- A study of drug interactions between Ibuprofen, Vitamin B12, Atorvastatin Calcium, Vitamin D, Levothyroxine Sodium, Fioricet, Dexilant, Prozac for a patient with Bone And Joint Pain, Fatigue, High Blood Cholesterol, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Thyroid Disorder, Migraine, Gerd, Depression. The patient has Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness
Comments: irritability and lack of patience with myself
- A study of drug interactions between Zoloft, Pravastatin Sodium, Propranolol Hydrochloride for a patient with Anxiety And Stress, High Blood Cholesterol, Migraine. The patient has
Comments: since taking the pravastatin and propranolol together have been extremely fatigued and tired, neck pain has increased, ankles and feet are swollen, and belly is swollen.
- A study of drug interactions between Fludrocortisone Acetate, Sumatriptan, Topiramate, Excedrin for a patient with Hypotension, Migraine, Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine. The patient has Ecg P Wave Inverted
Comments: Normal EKGs in past, severe migraine and took 100mg sumatriptan approx 4hrs before unrelated pre-op EKG, and failed pre-op certification, based on inverted T waves at V2 and V3
More related studies for: Migraine, Psychotic disorder
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Maxalt and Hair Loss
- Myrbetriq and Hyponatraemia
- Muscle Weakness and Finasteride
- Zopiclone and Cocaine Abuse
- Can ciliapram cause emphysemia
Answer: I too have taken citalopram, for fibromyalgia pain, and wa ... (19 hours ago)
- Can chewing tobacco effect results of velcade on myeloma
Father has been on and off Velcade for Multiple Myeloma ov ... (1 day ago)
- What side effects do you experience from sulpfasalazine?
Answer: You must take sulfasalizine with food to avoid stomach iss ... (1 day ago)
Recent user reviews
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue
Response: Do Not, I repeat Do Not take Lipitor!!! I was on 20mg for ... (14 hours ago)
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue
40 mg Lipitor for two months caused 8 pounds weight loss,t ... (18 hours ago)
- Headache after propofol
Was given Propofol while having Colonoscopy and Endoscopy. ... (23 hours ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Dexilant, Crestor, Metoprolol Succinate, Lisinopril, Isosorbide Mononitrate, Clopidogrel for a 44-year old man who has Acid Reflux, Blood Cholesterol Decreased, Blood Pressure Systolic Decreased, Blood Pressure Decreased, Heart Disease, Blood Thinner (42 minutes ago)
- Maxalt for a 46-year old woman who has Migraine - Classic (59 minutes ago)
- Suboxone, Testosterone for a 40-year old man who has Pain - Bones, Hypogonadism Male (1 hour ago)
- Viibryd, Sucralfate, Pantoprazole, Nifedipine, Plavix, Synthroid for a 58-year old woman who has Depression, GERD, High Blood Pressure, Arterial Thrombosis Limb, Hypothyroidism (1 hour ago)
- Aspirin for a 47-year old man who has Headache (2 hours ago)