Review: could Migraine cause Simple partial seizures?
We study 25,901 people who have Migraine from FDA and social media. Among them, 8 have Simple partial seizures. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Stay connected: join a mobile support group for people who have Migraine and Simple partial seizures >>>
Migraine (latest reports from 174,297 patients) can be treated by Topamax, Imitrex, Topiramate, Maxalt, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Propranolol Hydrochloride.
Simple partial seizures
Simple partial seizures (seizures which affect only a small region of the brain) (latest reports from 3,174 patients) has been reported by people with epilepsy, depression, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, back pain.
On Aug, 18, 2014: 25,895 people who have migraine are studied. Among them, 8 (0.03%) have Simple Partial Seizures. They amount to 0.25% of all the 3,174 people who have Simple Partial Seizures on eHealthMe.
Gender of people who have migraine and experienced Simple partial seizures * :
|Simple partial seizures||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have migraine and experienced Simple partial seizures * :
|Simple partial seizures||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Simple partial seizures||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Fibromyalgia (4 people, 50.00%)
- Ill-defined disorder (1 people, 12.50%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Topamax (4 people, 50.00%)
- Savella (4 people, 50.00%)
- Cymbalta (4 people, 50.00%)
- Maxalt (2 people, 25.00%)
- Acetaminophen (1 people, 12.50%)
- Valproate sodium (1 people, 12.50%)
- Temazepam (1 people, 12.50%)
- Neurontin (1 people, 12.50%)
- Lorazepam (1 people, 12.50%)
- Morphine sulfate (1 people, 12.50%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who have Simple Partial Seizures and Migraine
- group for people who have Migraine
- group for people who have Simple Partial Seizures
Comments from related studies:
From this study (4 years ago):
Since beginning this medication for migraines due to meningitis, I have begun to have simple partial seizures as side effects believed to be due to using Topiramate.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Migraine, Simple partial seizures
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Overdose of omnicef caused my son simple partial seizures
Given overdose to which seizures started he was 5 years old at time and now 13 years old he has been hospitalized 4 times neurologists say simple partial seizures but nothing to show on his brain why he has them. My son didn't have before taking omnicef but when given accidental overdose by a nurse ...
- Review: could lyrica cause intracranial pressure increased?
One dose (75mg) caused severe head pain (increased intracranial pressure) and nausea.
- Topamax side affects
I have taken Topamax for 14 years. A few months after starting I had difficulty speaking. My specialist said it would improve. It did... Enough to get by.
3 years later I got Encephalitus and was hospitalised.
It took a year to walk normally again.
A year later I began experiencing MS-like symp ...
More reviews for: Migraine, Simple partial seizures
Common treatments for Migraine and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Migraine symptoms:
- Drug Not Working in Migraine (3,386 reports)
- Nausea in Migraine (1,986 reports)
- Headache in Migraine (1,827 reports)
- Alternative Medicine - Pain Relief in Migraine (1,419 reports)
- Chest Pain in Migraine (1,301 reports)
- Loss Of Balance in Migraine (1,285 reports)
- Feeling Uptight in Migraine (1,277 reports)
- Vomiting in Migraine (1,261 reports)
- Lethargy in Migraine (1,174 reports)
- Depression in Migraine (1,051 reports)
Simple Partial Seizures related symptom studies:
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.