Would you have Sleepiness (Drowsiness) when you have Migraine?
Summary: Sleepiness is found among people with Migraine, especially people who are female, 40-49 old, also have Depression, and take medication Imitrex.
We study 529 people who have Sleepiness (Drowsiness) and Migraine from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Migraine and Sleepiness >>>
Migraine (headache) can be treated by Topamax, Imitrex, Topiramate, Maxalt, Relpax, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride. (latest reports from Migraine 51,569 patients)
Sleepiness (excess sleeping) has been reported by people with depression, pain, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, stress and anxiety.(latest reports from Sleepiness 68,687 patients)
On Dec, 1, 2014: 529 people who have migraine and Sleepiness are studied.
Gender of people who have migraine and experienced Sleepiness * :
Age of people who have migraine and experienced Sleepiness * :
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Depression (79 people, 14.93%)
- Headache (71 people, 13.42%)
- Pain (61 people, 11.53%)
- Hypertension (37 people, 6.99%)
- Back pain (35 people, 6.62%)
- Anxiety (34 people, 6.43%)
- Fibromyalgia (34 people, 6.43%)
- Nausea (28 people, 5.29%)
- Bipolar disorder (25 people, 4.73%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (20 people, 3.78%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Imitrex (158 people, 29.87%)
- Topamax (117 people, 22.12%)
- Relpax (67 people, 12.67%)
- Lyrica (66 people, 12.48%)
- Maxalt (60 people, 11.34%)
- Neurontin (56 people, 10.59%)
- Effexor xr (56 people, 10.59%)
- Promethazine (50 people, 9.45%)
- Phenergan (47 people, 8.88%)
- Flonase (44 people, 8.32%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Migraine and Sleepiness?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Sleepiness and Migraine
- support group for people who have Migraine
- support group for people who have Sleepiness
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- What are the side effects of catuaba/golden trumpet? is it truly for man only? does it really help with physical and mental fatigue?
(Asked by a 48 year old man who has Physical Fatigue, Poor Memory, Sleepiness - During The Day)
On going, gradual forgetfulness for over 10 years. Concentration is moderate,but memory is very poor. Day time sleepiness is always an issue. No brain tumor, no dementia,nor any other neurological dysfunctions.
- Can meclizine cause insomnia once and sleepiness the next time
(Asked by a 58 year old woman who has Somnolence, Insomnia, and takes Meclizine)
I took Meclizine one night (as advised by pharmacist; she said it causes drowsiness), after experiencing my first attack of vertigo. It kept me awake almost all night. A couple weeks later, as I was getting ready for a special school event for my daughter, I thought another vertigo attack was coming ...
- Can long term use of vicodin cause hallucinations? (1 answer)
(Asked by a 88 year old woman who has Shortness Of Breath, Confusion, Sleepy, and takes Vicodin)
My 87 yr Mom has taken copious amts of Vicodin for 25+ yrs for arthritis & surgery pain management. Recently, Mom said the "carpet bubbles up 3-4 ft & trips her". Are hallucinations like this a sign of serious drug abuse? Is Mom's life in danger of drug overdose?
- Can fever be caused by parkinson's disease (1 answer)
(Asked by a 62 year old man who has Sleepiness - During The Day, Shaking Hands, Feeling Of Being Pulled Backwords, Feelings Of Worthlessness, Hand Grasping , Hand Tremor, Extremely Short Term Memory Loss, Slow Thought Expression, Intermittent Low Grade Fever, and takes Sulfamethoxazole And Trimethoprim, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Lasix, Eplerenone)
I have had 2 attacks which included: Intermittent Low Grade Fever, Hand Tremor, Hand Grasping , and Feelings Of Worthlessness. I have osteopenia and chronic liver cirrhosis.
- Does lasix cause sleepiness
(Asked by a 89 year old man who has Sleepy, and takes Lasix)
sleeps all the time up for short time and then needs to sleep again
More questions for: Migraine, Sleepiness
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Imetrix verses butalb/acet/caffeine
(Posted by a 58 year old woman who has Migraines, and takes Imitrex)
I have taken both Imitrex and Butalb/acet/caffeine and I have to say that Imitrex works far better than the other one! The substitute I was given for Imitrex doesn't even touch my migraine pain.
- Gabapentin made me comatose
(Posted by a 69 year old woman who has Somnolence, and takes Neurontin, Gabapentin)
I took Neurontin, and then its generic, Neurontin, for about five years. It was prescribed for chronic pain. I found it ineffective, but kept being told it was a good drug, quite benign, and was probably benefiting me more than I realized. I did NOT realize that toward the end of the five-year pe ...
- Wheezing stopped after topamax sessesion
(Posted by a 62 year old woman who has Meniere's Disease, Fibromyalgia Syndrome, Migraines, and takes Fexofenadine Hydrochloride)
Wheezing noted by primary physician in this non-smoker. Stopped Topamax per doctor's instruction. 48 hours later was examined by physician and noted that wheezing stopped.
- Profolol side effects-will not use again
(Posted by a 70 year old woman who has Unable To Walk Without Holding Onto Walls, Sleepy, Lightheadedness - Dizzy, Disoriented)
It is slightly more than 24 hours since profolol alone was given to me for a colonoscopy and endoscopy. I woke up quickly but very sleepy and tired. Forced to get in wheelchair and leave asap. Slept when I got home all night. The next day was very disoriented, lightheaded when I sat up or got up and ...
- Review: could lyrica cause intracranial pressure increased?
(Posted by a 62 year old woman who has History Of Concussions, Migraines, Neuropathy, and takes Lyrica)
One dose (75mg) caused severe head pain (increased intracranial pressure) and nausea.
More reviews for: Migraine, Sleepiness
- A study of drug interactions between Codeine, Ibuprofen, Dextroamphetamine Sulfate, Temazepam, Levonorgestrel And Ethinyl Estradiol, Morphine Sulfate, Hydromorphone Hydrochloride, Quetiapine Fumarate, Fluoxetine, Topiramate, Ketamine Hydrochloride, Zonegran for a patient with Pain, Fatigue, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Birth Control, Neuropathic Pain, Depression. The patient has Drowsiness, Vulvovaginal Dryness, Weight Loss, Hallucinations, Mixed, Paranoia, Memory Loss, Anxiety
Comments: I have OCD but after I started Zonegram 50mg bd 3 days ago, I have noticed my anxiety getting increasingly worse and I had a severe panic attack yesterday. The Zonegram has also decreased the severe paranoia I feel with the ketamine but it has introduced some memory loss. Otherwise I feel the best I ...
- A study of side effects of Topamax for a patient with Migraine. The patient has Muscle Pain (muscle pain)
Comments: Pain is due to muscle tension after about a month on Tompamax. All body muscles seem to tense up and it's hard for me to relax them. Legs, back, arms, stomach and lately its in my face and jaw and cheeks. It makes me tired. I'm taking magnesium to try and combat the pain.
- A study of drug interactions between Probiotics, Claritin-d, Krill Oil, Vitamin D, SAM-e, Dexilant, Buspirone Hcl, Buspar, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride for a patient with Frequent Yeast Infections, Allergies, Bipolar 2, Vitamin D, Acid Reflux, Anxiety Disorder, Migraine. The patient has Urinary Incontinence
Comments: It's been happening for about a month now. I only leak if I cough or sneeze hard. Typically even if I've urinated recently if the action is hard enough. Amounts released do very depending on the severity of the action.
- A study of drug interactions between Imitrex, Gabapentin for a patient with Ocular Migraine, Migraine. The patient has Rabbit Syndrome
Comments: I have recently (in the past three winters) been diagnosed with Raynaud's - mainly in my toes but my fingers also suffer. I take neurontin daily 600 mgs and wonder if there could be a correlation between the Raynaud's and the neurontin. I also take imitrex when necessary for the migraines. 20 mg ...
- A study of side effects of Topiramate for a patient with Migraine. The patient has Red Blood Cell Count Increased
Comments: Have a cyst on left Kidney, also cyst on left thyroid. Hoarseness to voice after a miner cold. Blood test showed elevated RBC Hemoglobin and Hemocites. Was 47% first test and 53 % week later, also on monthly cycle if that makes a difference during second blood test. Oxygen pulse was great. I am 5'1 ...
More related studies for: Migraine, Sleepiness
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.