Home > Migraine > Sleepiness > Migraine and Sleepiness
Review: could Migraine cause Sleepiness (Drowsiness)?
We study 25,953 people who have Migraine from FDA and social media. Among them, 529 have Sleepiness (Drowsiness). Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who have Migraine and Sleepiness >>>
Migraine (headache) (latest reports from 172,142 patients) can be treated by Topamax, Imitrex, Topiramate, Maxalt, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Propranolol Hydrochloride.
Sleepiness (excess sleeping) (latest reports from 494,737 patients) has been reported by people with depression, pain, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, stress and anxiety.
On Sep, 16, 2014: 25,918 people who have migraine are studied. Among them, 529 (2.04%) have Sleepiness.
Gender of people who have migraine and experienced Sleepiness * :
Age of people who have migraine and experienced Sleepiness * :
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Depression (79 people, 14.93%)
- Pain (61 people, 11.53%)
- Hypertension (37 people, 6.99%)
- Back pain (35 people, 6.62%)
- Anxiety (34 people, 6.43%)
- Fibromyalgia (34 people, 6.43%)
- Nausea (28 people, 5.29%)
- Bipolar disorder (25 people, 4.73%)
- Blood pressure (20 people, 3.78%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (20 people, 3.78%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Imitrex (158 people, 29.87%)
- Topamax (117 people, 22.12%)
- Relpax (67 people, 12.67%)
- Lyrica (66 people, 12.48%)
- Maxalt (60 people, 11.34%)
- Neurontin (56 people, 10.59%)
- Effexor xr (56 people, 10.59%)
- Promethazine (50 people, 9.45%)
- Phenergan (47 people, 8.88%)
- Flonase (44 people, 8.32%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Migraine and Sleepiness?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who have Sleepiness and Migraine
- group for people who have Migraine
- group for people who have Sleepiness
Comments from related studies:
From this study (10 months ago):
use to take darvocet..........great on headaches.....took for 20 years....then removed from market.....so tired and weak that I have trouble getting up two steps to home.......blood levels ok....AC1 is 6..thyroid ok,
From this study (11 months ago):
Although I have always required more sleep than most people I know, the condition has gotten progressively more sever over the past 4 years. I am now sleeping 12 hours per night with two 1 to 2 hour naps required during the day.
From this study (2 years ago):
I'm experiencing extreme exhaustion over 12 hours after taking 2mg dose; sometimes to point of nodding off whilst driving. I'm pregnant with severe chronic migraines. I'm taking this as an alternative to narcotics (necessary in last pregnancy). I'll try to post an update in a few weeks to see if I build a tolerance or if the symptoms are reduced.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Can long term use of vicodin cause hallucinations?
My 87 yr Mom has taken copious amts of Vicodin for 25+ yrs for arthritis & surgery pain management. Recently, Mom said the "carpet bubbles up 3-4 ft & trips her". Are hallucinations like this a sign of serious drug abuse? Is Mom's life in danger of drug overdose?
- Can fever be caused by parkinson's disease
I have had 2 attacks which included: Intermittent Low Grade Fever, Hand Tremor, Hand Grasping , and Feelings Of Worthlessness. I have osteopenia and chronic liver cirrhosis.
- Does lasix cause sleepiness
sleeps all the time up for short time and then needs to sleep again
More questions for: Migraine, Sleepiness
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Gabapentin made me comatose
I took Neurontin, and then its generic, Neurontin, for about five years. It was prescribed for chronic pain. I found it ineffective, but kept being told it was a good drug, quite benign, and was probably benefiting me more than I realized. I did NOT realize that toward the end of the five-year pe ...
- Wheezing stopped after topamax sessesion
Wheezing noted by primary physician in this non-smoker. Stopped Topamax per doctor's instruction. 48 hours later was examined by physician and noted that wheezing stopped.
- Profolol side effects-will not use again
It is slightly more than 24 hours since profolol alone was given to me for a colonoscopy and endoscopy. I woke up quickly but very sleepy and tired. Forced to get in wheelchair and leave asap. Slept when I got home all night. The next day was very disoriented, lightheaded when I sat up or got up and ...
More reviews for: Migraine, Sleepiness
Common treatments for Migraine and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Migraine symptoms:
- Drug Ineffective in Migraine (3,386 reports)
- Nausea in Migraine (1,987 reports)
- Headache in Migraine (1,828 reports)
- Pain in Migraine (1,420 reports)
- Chest Discomfort in Migraine (1,301 reports)
- Vertigo in Migraine (1,286 reports)
- Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension in Migraine (1,277 reports)
- Vomiting in Migraine (1,262 reports)
- Tiredness in Migraine (1,177 reports)
- Antidepressant Therapy in Migraine (1,055 reports)
Sleepiness related symptom studies:
- Sleepiness in Add (1,542 reports)
- Sleepiness in Anxiety (2,007 reports)
- Sleepiness in Bipolar disorder (1,732 reports)
- Sleepiness in Blood pressure (3,285 reports)
- Sleepiness in Depression (4,719 reports)
- Sleepiness in Hypertension (3,527 reports)
- Sleepiness in Insomnolence (1,675 reports)
- Sleepiness in Multiple sclerosis (2,043 reports)
- Sleepiness in Pain (4,054 reports)
- Sleepiness in Stop smoking (1,882 reports)
Migraine is also known as: Migraine prophylaxis, Migraines.
Sleepiness is also known as: Can't Stay Wake, Can't stay awake, Drowsiness, Drowsiness, Hypersomnia, Sleepiness - during the day, Somnolence, Hypersomnia, Sleepiness - during the day, Sleepy, Somnolence, sleep.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Memantine, Advair Diskus 100/50, Donepezil, Amlodipine for a 93-year old woman who has Inflammation Localised, Anxiety Disorder, Alzheimers, Asthma, Alzheimer's Disease, Blood Pressure Increased (22 minutes ago)
- Celexa for a 20-year old woman who has Chronic Depression (1 hour ago)
- Prozac for a 25-year old woman who has Depression (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Prozac and Brittle Nails
- Raspberry Ketone and Diverticulitis
- Blister and Gabapentin
- Urinary Tract Infection and Micardis
Recent user comments
- "I feel as if I have a lump in my throat, as if someth ... " (4 hours ago)
- "Took Nexium for one week. After four days started bre ... " (6 hours ago)
- "he was fine till he took prednizone 10 days died the ... " (7 hours ago)
- Swallowing Difficulty
- Renal Failure Acute