Home > Multiple myeloma > Atrial fibrillation > Multiple myeloma and Atrial fibrillation
Review: could Multiple myeloma cause Atrial fibrillation (Atrial fibrillation/flutter)?
We study 56,686 people who have Multiple myeloma from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,353 have Atrial fibrillation (Atrial fibrillation/flutter). Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Multiple myeloma and Atrial fibrillation >>>
Multiple myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells) (latest reports from 133,906 patients) can be treated by Revlimid, Velcade, Dexamethasone, Zometa, Thalomid, Dexamethasone Sodium Phosphate.
Atrial Fibrillation (fibrillation of the muscles of the atria of the heart) (latest reports from 381,971 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes, multiple myeloma.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 56,686 people who have multiple myeloma are studied. Among them, 1,353 (2.39%) have Atrial Fibrillation.
Gender of people who have multiple myeloma and experienced Atrial fibrillation * :
|Atrial fibrillation||37.37%||62.63% |
Age of people who have multiple myeloma and experienced Atrial fibrillation * :
|Atrial fibrillation||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.23%||1.54%||14.97%||83.31% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Atrial fibrillation||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Prophylaxis (109 people, 8.06%)
- Pain (81 people, 5.99%)
- Hypertension (79 people, 5.84%)
- Arrhythmia (62 people, 4.58%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (55 people, 4.07%)
- Depression (53 people, 3.92%)
- Angina pectoris (46 people, 3.40%)
- Arthritis (44 people, 3.25%)
- Nausea (38 people, 2.81%)
- Hypercalcaemia (37 people, 2.73%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Dexamethasone (883 people, 65.26%)
- Velcade (842 people, 62.23%)
- Revlimid (779 people, 57.58%)
- Aspirin (648 people, 47.89%)
- Zometa (538 people, 39.76%)
- Aredia (437 people, 32.30%)
- Decadron (368 people, 27.20%)
- Thalomid (339 people, 25.06%)
- Lasix (337 people, 24.91%)
- Prednisone (325 people, 24.02%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Multiple Myeloma and Atrial Fibrillation?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Atrial Fibrillation and Multiple myeloma
- support group for people who have Multiple myeloma
- support group for people who have Atrial Fibrillation
Comments from related studies:
From this study (4 days ago):
hx multiple myeloma x 3 years. Developed elevated AST/ALT liver enxymes due to chemo a year ago.
Have been treated with prednisone/dexamethasone for year. Recently put on imuran with positive results.
No chemo in the past year.
Right elbow painful and significant swelling off and on x 2 months.
From this study (2 weeks ago):
After 11 cycles of revlimid 20 mg X 21 days swallowing tablets/capsules and firm lumpy food became difficult and sometimes obstructive around level of C6 vertebra (behind laryngeal cricoid).
From this study (2 weeks ago):
Continue to have intermittent tachycardia/flutter
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Multiple myeloma, Atrial fibrillation
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Atrial fib and ibs, is there a connection?
I felt wonderful, after a good night sleep and a nice breakfast. Took my heart medicine. Took off for an hour shopping and the A-Fib began with a vengeance and lasted five hours.
During the time, interestingly, I had continuous IBS. If I had not used butter (an IBS trigger) on my toast that morni ...
- Hydrocodone and a-fib
After having two strokes and was given pain and burning on my right side but still had full use of limbs and speech, memory etc. That was in 2003 and I still have the pain and burning in my larger muscle groups every day, every hour of the day. I have tried the many different pain management progr ...
- Mental or emotional symptoms of warfarin sodium
Took Coumadin or Warfarin sodium for 18 years it introduced some strange behaviors causing the people around me to think it was caused by the small stroke I had (why I was put on Coumadin). I was switched to Xarelto and within a few days I could remember the things I had been doing and thinking abo ...
More reviews for: Multiple myeloma, Atrial fibrillation
Common treatments for Multiple Myeloma and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Multiple myeloma symptoms:
- Death Of Companion in Multiple myeloma (7,299 reports)
- Myeloma - Multiple in Multiple myeloma (6,174 reports)
- Bronchopneumonia in Multiple myeloma (4,743 reports)
- Osteonecrosis in Multiple myeloma (3,191 reports)
- Disease Progression in Multiple myeloma (3,066 reports)
- Anaemia in Multiple myeloma (3,034 reports)
- Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness in Multiple myeloma (2,873 reports)
- Hyperthermia in Multiple myeloma (2,861 reports)
- Muscle Weakness in Multiple myeloma (2,802 reports)
- Diarrhea in Multiple myeloma (2,728 reports)
Atrial Fibrillation related symptom studies:
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin C, Lansoprazole, Chlorpheniramine Maleate, Ibuprofen, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 57-year old woman who has Vitamin B2 Deficiency, Vitamin C Deficiency, Reflux Oesophagitis, Chronic Rhinitis, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, IBS (2 hours ago)
- Compare Ambien Cr and Adderall Xr 20 and Effexor Xr for a 33-year old woman (2 hours ago)
- Doxycycline for a 25-year old man who has Acne-like Skin Bumps (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Azathioprine and Total Knee Replacement
- Fluoxetine and Sildenafil Citrate
- Actemra and Depression
- Solu-medrol and Als
Recent user comments
- "I gave myself 2 injections of Humira one on each thig ... " (5 hours ago)
- "Increase blood glucose while taking herceptin treatme ... " (6 hours ago)
- "It has been almost two months that abovementoined sym ... " (9 hours ago)
- Devil's Head
- Olive Oil