Home > Multiple myeloma > Atrial fibrillation > Multiple myeloma and Atrial fibrillation
Would you have Atrial fibrillation (Atrial fibrillation/flutter) when you have Multiple myeloma?
Summary: Atrial fibrillation is found among people with Multiple myeloma, especially people who are male, 60+ old, also have Prophylaxis, and take medication Dexamethasone.
We study 1,353 people who have Atrial fibrillation (Atrial fibrillation/flutter) and Multiple myeloma from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Multiple myeloma and Atrial fibrillation >>>
Multiple myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells) (latest reports from 127,747 patients) can be treated by Revlimid, Velcade, Thalomid, Zometa, Dexamethasone Sodium Phosphate.
Atrial fibrillation (fibrillation of the muscles of the atria of the heart) (latest reports from 382,143 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes, multiple myeloma.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 56,686 people who have multiple myeloma are studied. Among them, 1,353 (2.39%) have Atrial Fibrillation.
Gender of people who have multiple myeloma and experienced Atrial fibrillation * :
|Atrial fibrillation||37.37%||62.63% |
Age of people who have multiple myeloma and experienced Atrial fibrillation * :
|Atrial fibrillation||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.23%||1.54%||14.97%||83.31% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Atrial fibrillation||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Prophylaxis (109 people, 8.06%)
- Pain (81 people, 5.99%)
- Hypertension (79 people, 5.84%)
- Arrhythmia (62 people, 4.58%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (55 people, 4.07%)
- Depression (53 people, 3.92%)
- Angina pectoris (46 people, 3.40%)
- Arthritis (44 people, 3.25%)
- Nausea (38 people, 2.81%)
- Hypercalcaemia (37 people, 2.73%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Dexamethasone (883 people, 65.26%)
- Velcade (842 people, 62.23%)
- Revlimid (779 people, 57.58%)
- Aspirin (648 people, 47.89%)
- Zometa (538 people, 39.76%)
- Aredia (437 people, 32.30%)
- Decadron (368 people, 27.20%)
- Thalomid (339 people, 25.06%)
- Lasix (337 people, 24.91%)
- Prednisone (325 people, 24.02%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Multiple Myeloma and Atrial Fibrillation?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Atrial Fibrillation and Multiple myeloma
- support group for people who have Multiple myeloma
- support group for people who have Atrial Fibrillation
Latest outcomes in real world:
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can chewing tobacco effect results of velcade on myeloma
(Asked by a 47 year old woman who has Multiple Myeloma, High Mspike And Light Chains, and takes Velcade)
Father has been on and off Velcade for Multiple Myeloma over last 3 years with much success in maintaining his counts. Suddenly in last 2 months his Mspike and light chain counts went up causing doctor to stop the Velcade treatment. He began chewing tobacco about 6 months ago. Just wondering if it ...
- I have a-fib after taking benadryl. i've been off it for a few days, but flutters remain. how long does it last?
(Asked by a 86 year old woman who has Atrial Fibrillation/flutter, and takes Benadryl)
I took 6 pills a day for a week, have been off medication for several days, but A-Fib symptoms continue.
- Dabigatran,rivaroxaban, apixaban (eliquis) or aspirin - which is most suitable for a patient with af (atrial fibrilation), left subdural hematoma, right ischemic stroke with hemorehagic transformation
(Asked by a 82 year old woman who has Thyroid Disorder, Ischemic CVA Stroke With Hemorrhagic Transformation, Chronic Subdural Hematoma (Left), High Blood Pressure, Diabetes, Atrial Fibrillation)
My grandmother have Atrial Fibrillation (AF) and suffered a ischemic CVA stroke with hemorrhagic transformation on right brain this week. She also had left sudural hematoma for some time now, due to which Asprin (ecospirin-75) that she was taking because of her AF was stopped and I believe that stop ...
- My mom is 88. she takes lexapro in the evening. she wakes up hallucinating. it's starting to get to her. what should i try for her?
(Asked by a 88 year old woman who has Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Atrial Fibrillation, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Dementia (controlled), and takes Multivitamin, Lipitor, Claritin, Allopurinol, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Namenda Xr, Aricept, Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Bystolic, Lexapro)
My mom has been taking Lexapro for about 2 1/2 to 3 months. She was taking it in the morning and her therapist felt it was making her drowsy. I began giving it to her before bed, and I believe that is when she started waking up during the night with hallucinations. I'm not sure if they are vivid ...
- Will marijuana trigger my afib
(Asked by a 67 year old man who has Atrial Fibrillation/flutter)
When I smoke pot will this aggravate my afib? This occurred last night after smoking a one hitter a couple of times and lasted 4-5 hours.
More questions for: Multiple myeloma, Atrial fibrillation
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Turmeric and atrial fabrillation
(Posted by a 69 year old man who has Atrial Fibrillation/flutter, and takes Turmeric)
I am a "health nut" who has always avoided any and all tobacco and alcohol, am on no medication, am on a reasonably purer diet (organic foods etc.,) and daily take and assortment of vitamins, minerals and a few herbs like garlic and saw palmetto. I had recently began taking therapeutic doses of Tur ...
- Atrial fib and ibs, is there a connection?
(Posted by a 89 year old woman who has Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Atrial Fibrillation, and takes Pradaxa, Multaq)
I felt wonderful, after a good night sleep and a nice breakfast. Took my heart medicine. Took off for an hour shopping and the A-Fib began with a vengeance and lasted five hours.
During the time, interestingly, I had continuous IBS. If I had not used butter (an IBS trigger) on my toast that morni ...
- Hydrocodone and a-fib
(Posted by a 67 year old man who has A-fib)
After having two strokes and was given pain and burning on my right side but still had full use of limbs and speech, memory etc. That was in 2003 and I still have the pain and burning in my larger muscle groups every day, every hour of the day. I have tried the many different pain management progr ...
- Mental or emotional symptoms of warfarin sodium
(Posted by a 59 year old man who has Stoke, Atrial Fibrillation, and takes Warfarin Sodium, Coumadin)
Took Coumadin or Warfarin sodium for 18 years it introduced some strange behaviors causing the people around me to think it was caused by the small stroke I had (why I was put on Coumadin). I was switched to Xarelto and within a few days I could remember the things I had been doing and thinking abo ...
- Levitra affect on atrail fibrulation
(Posted by a 75 year old man who has Atrial Fibrillation, and takes Levitra)
On Levitra 4 days 20mg for prostate issues AF flated up after the fourth day. Urine flow was back to normal after a month on antibiotic, enlarged Protate.
No affect on increasing ER.
More reviews for: Multiple myeloma, Atrial fibrillation
- A study of side effects of Revlimid for a patient with Myeloma - Multiple. The patient has Primary Hypogonadism (decrease in one or both of the two major functions of the testes)
Comments: Tumor on the pituitary gland
- A study of drug interactions between Calcium, Magnesium Sulfate In Plastic Container, Acyclovir, Dexamethasone, Velcade, Thalomid for a patient with Multiple Myeloma, Myeloma - Multiple. The patient has Sudden Memory Loss
Comments: Many other drugs during Velcade weeks
- A study of side effects of Prednisone for a patient with Myeloma - Multiple. The patient has Swelling
Comments: hx multiple myeloma x 3 years. Developed elevated AST/ALT liver enxymes due to chemo a year ago.
Have been treated with prednisone/dexamethasone for year. Recently put on imuran with positive results.
No chemo in the past year.
Right elbow painful and significant swelling off and on x 2 months.
- A study of side effects of Revlimid for a patient with Myeloma - Multiple. The patient has Swallowing Difficulty
Comments: After 11 cycles of revlimid 20 mg X 21 days swallowing tablets/capsules and firm lumpy food became difficult and sometimes obstructive around level of C6 vertebra (behind laryngeal cricoid).
- A study of drug interactions between Synthroid, Wellbutrin Sr, Tenormin, Cardizem Cd for a patient with Hypothyroidism, Depression - Elderly, Atrial Fibrillation/flutter. The patient has Atrial Fibrillation
Comments: Continue to have intermittent tachycardia/flutter
More related studies for: Multiple myeloma, Atrial fibrillation
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.