Home > Multiple myeloma > Urticaria > Multiple myeloma and Urticaria
Review: could Multiple myeloma cause Urticaria?
We study 56,684 people who have Multiple myeloma from FDA and social media. Among them, 207 have Urticaria. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
Multiple myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells) (latest reports from 127,675 patients) can be treated by Revlimid, Velcade, Dexamethasone, Zometa, Thalomid, Dexamethasone Sodium Phosphate.
Urticaria (rash of round, red welts on the skin that itch intensely) (latest reports from 214,711 patients) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, depression.
On Sep, 17, 2014: 56,684 people who have multiple myeloma are studied. Among them, 207 (0.37%) have Urticaria.
Gender of people who have multiple myeloma and experienced Urticaria * :
Age of people who have multiple myeloma and experienced Urticaria * :
Severity of the symptom * :
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Prophylaxis (11 people, 5.31%)
- Hypertension (11 people, 5.31%)
- Neuropathy peripheral (6 people, 2.90%)
- Arteriosclerosis (4 people, 1.93%)
- Immunosuppression (4 people, 1.93%)
- Blood cholesterol (2 people, 0.97%)
- Neoplasm malignant (2 people, 0.97%)
- Diarrhoea (2 people, 0.97%)
- Angina pectoris (2 people, 0.97%)
- Osteoporosis (1 people, 0.48%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Revlimid (128 people, 61.84%)
- Aspirin (105 people, 50.72%)
- Zometa (96 people, 46.38%)
- Aredia (85 people, 41.06%)
- Dexamethasone (80 people, 38.65%)
- Magnesium (72 people, 34.78%)
- Velcade (60 people, 28.99%)
- Synthroid (56 people, 27.05%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (53 people, 25.60%)
- Lasix (53 people, 25.60%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Multiple Myeloma and Urticaria?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who have Urticaria and Multiple myeloma
- group for people who have Multiple myeloma
- group for people who have Urticaria
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 weeks ago):
my mother is 82 yrs .she has been diagnosed multiple myelona since Jan, 2014. she is taking above drugs along with pantaprozal 40mg daily and multi vitamin.In the early stages i.ei. in feb and march she was treated with Methyl cobalamine injection.
Now from last 8 to 10 days she is having problem in swallowing food.
From this study (1 month ago):
constipated for 7 days with no bowel movement.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Multiple myeloma, Urticaria
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Lansoprazole and vitamin c drug interactions
Whenever I use a gastric ulcer or gastric acid treatment drug and eat any food that contains vitamine C, like lemon, orange, etc. I get a strong skin allergy with swollen insecbyte type itching redness, that lasts about two days for each one.
- Hair loss, no elevated mood or depression, nausea, tiredness
Due to hair loss I switched over to Morphine. The hair loss goes on. While taking Tramadol for 5 month I've already lost 2/3 of my long and thick hair. In about 3 month I'll be bold - as a woman.
Tramadol elevated my mood. Morphine doesn't. It might even depress me - who knows? Taking 60mg at onc ...
- Velcade side effects
I have developed testicular pain after only seven injections of velcade,for my multiple myeloma. I am going to try to get my dosage of velcade reduced. I never had a problem in this area until this chemo medicine. I hope this helps other patients as my doctor never has heard of this side affect. ...
More reviews for: Multiple myeloma, Urticaria
Common treatments for Multiple Myeloma and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Multiple myeloma symptoms:
- Death Of Spouse in Multiple myeloma (7,299 reports)
- Plasma Cell Dyscrasia in Multiple myeloma (6,174 reports)
- Community-acquired Pneumonia in Multiple myeloma (4,743 reports)
- Osteonecrosis in Multiple myeloma (3,191 reports)
- Disease Progression in Multiple myeloma (3,066 reports)
- Anaemia in Multiple myeloma (3,034 reports)
- Lethargy in Multiple myeloma (2,873 reports)
- Pyrexia in Multiple myeloma (2,861 reports)
- Asthenia in Multiple myeloma (2,802 reports)
- Diarrhoea in Multiple myeloma (2,728 reports)
Urticaria related symptom studies:
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.