Home > Multiple sclerosis > Bruxism > Multiple sclerosis and Bruxism
Review: could Multiple sclerosis cause Bruxism?
We study 203,354 people who have Multiple sclerosis from FDA and social media. Among them, 55 have Bruxism. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Multiple sclerosis and Bruxism >>>
Multiple sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath) (latest reports from 279,998 patients) can be treated by Copaxone, Tysabri, Avonex, Rebif, Baclofen, Betaseron.
Bruxism (habitual grinding of the teeth, typically during sleep) (latest reports from 19,644 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, depression, stress and anxiety, osteopenia, high blood pressure.
On Oct, 25, 2014: 203,352 people who have multiple sclerosis are studied. Among them, 55 (0.03%) have Bruxism.
Gender of people who have multiple sclerosis and experienced Bruxism * :
Age of people who have multiple sclerosis and experienced Bruxism * :
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Insomnia (8 people, 14.55%)
- Depression (7 people, 12.73%)
- Convulsion (6 people, 10.91%)
- Anxiety (5 people, 9.09%)
- Contraception (5 people, 9.09%)
- Abnormal behaviour (3 people, 5.45%)
- Hallucination (3 people, 5.45%)
- Crying (3 people, 5.45%)
- Epilepsy (2 people, 3.64%)
- Pseudobulbar palsy (1 people, 1.82%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Avonex (21 people, 38.18%)
- Tysabri (13 people, 23.64%)
- Betaseron (11 people, 20.00%)
- Zocor (8 people, 14.55%)
- Synthroid (7 people, 12.73%)
- Rebif (6 people, 10.91%)
- Lamictal (6 people, 10.91%)
- Klonopin (6 people, 10.91%)
- Neurontin (6 people, 10.91%)
- Amitril (5 people, 9.09%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Multiple Sclerosis and Bruxism?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Bruxism and Multiple sclerosis
- support group for people who have Multiple sclerosis
- support group for people who have Bruxism
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 weeks ago):
I developed severe pain in both forearms while on Cipro. It was assumed to be tendonitis because it was a known side-effect of Cipro. I had outpatient hand therapy for months afterwords.
From this study (3 weeks ago):
Discomfort becomes worse after activities like walking, jogging.
From this study (1 month ago):
spots appeared 3 weeks after starting using bg12. still progressing.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Multiple sclerosis, Bruxism
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Ms relapse - changed to copaxone in april
I've never joined one of these sites but saw this site. I have had MS for 14yrs but changed to Copaxone in April, had a relapse last week and wondered how others were getting on with it. I have a puffy left calf/ankle which can be a side effect of Copaxone - have others had this - can you reduce the ...
- Developed systemic scleroderma while on copaxone for 10 yrs.
I just tested positive for both crest and systemic scleroderma. I already have ms and have been on copaxone over 10 yrs. I believe copaxone may have caused this. I dont blame the makers. I am sure it has helped more then hurt, but I wonder if this has happened to others. If so it should be something ...
- Topamax for weight loss, causing diarrhea
I was taking Topamax for weight loss and it worked very well. After 2 months I started having diarrhea. I stopped Topamax and the diarrhea stopped. Is there any drug or supplement I can take Topamax that will stop the diarrhea?
More reviews for: Multiple sclerosis, Bruxism
Common treatments for Multiple Sclerosis and their efficacy:
Could your drug cause it?
Studies of common Multiple sclerosis symptoms:
- Tiredness in Multiple sclerosis (18,941 reports)
- Multiple Sclerosis Relapse in Multiple sclerosis (18,620 reports)
- Muscle Weakness in Multiple sclerosis (14,531 reports)
- Fall in Multiple sclerosis (14,113 reports)
- Headaches in Multiple sclerosis (11,324 reports)
- Ms in Multiple sclerosis (11,317 reports)
- Urinary Tract Infection in Multiple sclerosis (10,053 reports)
- Gait Disturbance in Multiple sclerosis (9,515 reports)
- Influenza Like Illness in Multiple sclerosis (8,694 reports)
- Pain Relief By Acupuncture in Multiple sclerosis (7,894 reports)
Bruxism related symptom studies:
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Phenergan, Imitrex, Protonix, Xanax, Buspar for a 35-year old woman who has Nausea In The Morning - Females, Migraine, GERD, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Chronic Depression (5 minutes ago)
- Melatonin for a 58-year old man who has Insomnia (38 minutes ago)
- Abilify, Topiramate, Cymbalta, Adderall 30 for a 30-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder, Mood Disorder, Chronic Depression, Depression (42 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Inflammation and Wellbutrin
- Irbesartan and Platelet Count Decreased
- Pustular Psoriasis
- Pelvic Pain and Birth Control
- Vomiting and Blood Pressure
Recent user comments
- "Generally happens every couple of mnths has now moved ... " (57 minutes ago)
- "Edema of ankles and lower legs, blister-like or pimpl ... " (1 hour ago)
- "I gave myself 2 injections of Humira one on each thig ... " (8 hours ago)
- Vitamin C
- Carcinoma In Situ Of Penis
- Application Site Fissure
- Completed Suicide