Home > Multiple sclerosis > Bruxism > Multiple sclerosis and Bruxism
Would you have Bruxism when you have Multiple sclerosis?
Summary: Bruxism is found among people with Multiple sclerosis, especially people who are female, 30-39 old, also have Insomnia, and take medication Avonex.
We study 55 people who have Bruxism and Multiple sclerosis from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Multiple sclerosis and Bruxism >>>
Multiple sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath) (latest reports from 223,215 patients) can be treated by Copaxone, Tysabri, Avonex, Rebif, Baclofen, Betaseron.
Bruxism (habitual grinding of the teeth, typically during sleep) (latest reports from 2,465 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, depression, stress and anxiety, osteopenia, bipolar disorder.
On Nov, 25, 2014: 55 people who have multiple sclerosis and Bruxism are studied.
Gender of people who have multiple sclerosis and experienced Bruxism * :
Age of people who have multiple sclerosis and experienced Bruxism * :
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Insomnia (8 people, 14.55%)
- Depression (7 people, 12.73%)
- Convulsion (6 people, 10.91%)
- Anxiety (5 people, 9.09%)
- Contraception (5 people, 9.09%)
- Abnormal behaviour (3 people, 5.45%)
- Hallucination (3 people, 5.45%)
- Crying (3 people, 5.45%)
- Epilepsy (2 people, 3.64%)
- Pseudobulbar palsy (1 people, 1.82%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Avonex (21 people, 38.18%)
- Tysabri (13 people, 23.64%)
- Betaseron (11 people, 20.00%)
- Zocor (8 people, 14.55%)
- Synthroid (7 people, 12.73%)
- Rebif (6 people, 10.91%)
- Lamictal (6 people, 10.91%)
- Klonopin (6 people, 10.91%)
- Neurontin (6 people, 10.91%)
- Amitril (5 people, 9.09%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Multiple Sclerosis and Bruxism?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Bruxism and Multiple sclerosis
- support group for people who have Multiple sclerosis
- support group for people who have Bruxism
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can my sister take phentermine with multiple sclerosis to lose weight
(Asked by a 37 year old woman who has Multiple Sclerosis)
I worry she is taking a pill that will affect the nervous system and may not be good for her body.
- Can i take marijuana while taking gilenya
(Asked by a 36 year old woman who has MS, and takes Gilenya)
Hello i would like to know if is safe to have marijuane with gilenya and methotraxate
- Is it safe for me to take ginkgo biloba with gabapentin (neurontin)?
(Asked by a 26 year old woman who has Multiple Sclerosis)
i also take Neurontin (Naprosyn) 500 mg 2 times a day and the gabapentin (Neurontin) usually 3 times a day.
- Does morphine time released pills cause sudden baldness on scalp??
(Asked by a 47 year old woman who has Herniated Lumbar Disk, MS, and takes Morphine Sulfate, Baclofen, Meloxicam)
I recently started taking meds for a herniated disc in my lower back. These include morphine, OxyContin and oxycodone. I now have a bald spot on the top of my scalp. I noticed this within 2-3 weeks after taking the meds. The morphine is time released as well as the OxyContin. Could these meds be ca ...
- How do you justify the seemingly wild and alarming claim that 2,583 out of 90,294 people using tysabri get pml? this is far fetched according to fda reports.
(Asked by a 54 year old man who has MS, and takes Tysabri)
Wild and alarming figures about getting PML from Tysabri. The numbers given are vastly greater than those of any other reporting site. Is reporting from social media sites reputable, in this case?
More questions for: Multiple sclerosis, Bruxism
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Ms relapse - changed to copaxone in april
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has MS, and takes Copaxone)
I've never joined one of these sites but saw this site. I have had MS for 14yrs but changed to Copaxone in April, had a relapse last week and wondered how others were getting on with it. I have a puffy left calf/ankle which can be a side effect of Copaxone - have others had this - can you reduce the ...
- Developed systemic scleroderma while on copaxone for 10 yrs.
(Posted by a 41 year old woman who has Multiple Sclerosis, Scleroderma, and takes Copaxone)
I just tested positive for both crest and systemic scleroderma. I already have ms and have been on copaxone over 10 yrs. I believe copaxone may have caused this. I dont blame the makers. I am sure it has helped more then hurt, but I wonder if this has happened to others. If so it should be something ...
- Topamax for weight loss, causing diarrhea
(Posted by a 59 year old woman who has Overweight, Multiple Sclerosis, Tibia Fracture, and takes Topamax, Aubagio, Cymbalta, Celebrex, Fosamax)
I was taking Topamax for weight loss and it worked very well. After 2 months I started having diarrhea. I stopped Topamax and the diarrhea stopped. Is there any drug or supplement I can take Topamax that will stop the diarrhea?
- A self-conducted trial with prozac in a case of "benign" ms
(Posted by a 59 year old woman who has MS, and takes Prozac)
I want to show that, with the approval of my doctor, I started taking Prozac (10 mg daily) to see if the number of the lesions on my brain remains the same. After 14 months no new lesion showed on the MRI. I should mention that I have a mild form of MS, if one may put it like this, but the previous ...
More reviews for: Multiple sclerosis, Bruxism
- A study of side effects of Vyvanse for a patient with ADHD. The patient has Irritability, Pain - Back, Dry Mouth, Teeth Grinding And Clenching (a condition in which you grind, gnash or clench your teeth), Vision Problems, Tolerance Increased, Sleep Talking (talking during sleeping), Breathing-related Sleep Disorder
Comments: These are some of the problems I am experiencing. It seems like my dosage is too high, however if I do not take more than 60mg at a time then the Vyvanse has no affect on me whatsoever. I am most concerned about waking up to catch my breath every 30 seconds at night. I was prescribed Adderrall throu ...
- A study of side effects of Avonex for a patient with MS. The patient has Loss Of Vision
Comments: Was recently told that my white blood count was low, I believe that it is a direct result from my medication as I have no other symptoms. My question is , if I go off the medication will my blood count go up if it was indeed the medication causing the drop.
- A study of side effects of Tecfidera for a patient with Multiple Sclerosis. The patient has
Comments: I lived in a condominium where each of my neighbors smoked and after I began taking Tecfidera I developed a strong sensitivity to this. Other than myself, no one else could sense the smoke. I became so sensitive that I could tell when a neighbor would start and stop smoking. I then developed constan ...
- A study of side effects of Nexium for a patient with Multiple Sclerosis. The patient has Making A Small Disagreement Into A Big Problem, Getting In Trouble At Work, Feeling Like I Don't Belong, Feeling Guilty, Feeling Cold, Crying - Excessive (0-6 Months), Mouth Ulceration Aggravated (mouth ulcers)
Comments: I feel like I don't belong, little disagreements make me cry with outbursts of yelling, always want to keep busy or don't want to do anything. Always biting down on my teeth or always feel like I am sucking on my tongue, cannot stay still sometimes always depressed
- A study of drug interactions between Clonazepam, Gabapentin, Pristiq, Citalopram Hydrobromide for a patient with Anxiety, Social Phobia, Depression. The patient has Teeth Grinding And Clenching
Comments: I have A lifelong history of depression and have taken many other meds strictly following my
therapist's instructions to the letter and being followed closely. This is the first time I have
experienced such serious side effects. They have been present for about 3 yrs and are
More related studies for: Multiple sclerosis, Bruxism
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.