Home > Multiple sclerosis > Chest pain > Multiple sclerosis and Chest pain
Would you have Chest pain when you have Multiple sclerosis?
Summary: Chest pain is found among people with Multiple sclerosis, especially people who are female, 50-59 old, also have Hypertension, and take medication Avonex.
We study 4,190 people who have Chest pain and Multiple sclerosis from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, other conditions they have and drugs they take.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who have Multiple sclerosis and Chest pain >>>
Multiple sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath) (latest reports from 223,215 patients) can be treated by Copaxone, Tysabri, Avonex, Rebif, Baclofen, Betaseron.
Chest pain (latest reports from 136,288 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, pain, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 203,354 people who have multiple sclerosis are studied. Among them, 4,192 (2.06%) have Chest Pain.
Gender of people who have multiple sclerosis and experienced Chest pain * :
|Chest pain||80.96%||19.04% |
Age of people who have multiple sclerosis and experienced Chest pain * :
|Chest pain||0.02%||0.00%||0.57%||6.26%||17.47%||31.21%||32.23%||12.27% |
Severity of the symptom * :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Chest pain||0.00%||66.67%||33.33%||0.00% |
Top co-existing conditions for these people * :
- Hypertension (149 people, 3.55%)
- Depression (141 people, 3.36%)
- Pain (92 people, 2.19%)
- Menopause (75 people, 1.79%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (75 people, 1.79%)
- Headache (68 people, 1.62%)
- Hypothyroidism (57 people, 1.36%)
- Osteoporosis (57 people, 1.36%)
- Fatigue (53 people, 1.26%)
- Migraine (52 people, 1.24%)
Most common drugs used by these people * :
- Avonex (1,975 people, 47.11%)
- Tysabri (1,498 people, 35.73%)
- Rebif (764 people, 18.23%)
- Gilenya (567 people, 13.53%)
- Baclofen (408 people, 9.73%)
- Copaxone (406 people, 9.69%)
- Neurontin (298 people, 7.11%)
- Betaseron (250 people, 5.96%)
- Aspirin (209 people, 4.99%)
- Provigil (199 people, 4.75%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Multiple Sclerosis and Chest Pain?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Chest Pain and Multiple sclerosis
- support group for people who have Multiple sclerosis
- support group for people who have Chest Pain
Could your drug cause:
Other conditions that could cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can my sister take phentermine with multiple sclerosis to lose weight
(Asked by a 37 year old woman who has Multiple Sclerosis)
I worry she is taking a pill that will affect the nervous system and may not be good for her body.
- Can the use of triamcinolone ointment on the eyelids, nose, and side of mouth cause headache, uneven heartbeat and aura
(Asked by a 17 year old boy who has Chest Pain, Aura, and takes Triamcinolone)
Started noticing slight chest pain, small tension like headaches and auras after a year and half, did not apply everyday, maybe on average once ever week or two for a year and a half
- Can my symptoms actually pinpoint a cause/condition?
(Asked by a 27 year old woman who has Vulvovaginal Dryness During Intercourse, Acne Cystic, Bilateral Stenosis, Irregularity Of Bowels, Muscle Tightness, Menstrual Periods - Heavy, Prolonged, Or Irregular, Menstruation - Painful, Painful Sexual Intercourse, Pelvic Discomfort, Chest Pain, Abdominal Bloating, Deep Knee Pain, Extreme Thigh Pain, Sometimes Bulging, Flattened/deflated & Bulging Discs, Chronic Pain, Hirsutism, and takes Soma, Norco)
I would just like insight on this. I'm on pain management right now, but it's just to manage the pain. Every thing else has really been not taken serious by any physican it office I've been to. Is this normal stuff many woman go through? I'm just sick of feeling like this between the constant pain & ...
- Can i take marijuana while taking gilenya
(Asked by a 36 year old woman who has MS, and takes Gilenya)
Hello i would like to know if is safe to have marijuane with gilenya and methotraxate
- Could the iud cause body pain nerevous,dizziness,confessing after about a year?
(Asked by a 40 year old woman who has Nervousness, Chest Pain, Lightheadedness - Dizzy, Weakness, and takes Hydroxyzine, Zoloft)
I was having a light chest pain going over to my right arm went to the hospital and they said they could find anything ....Once again said it was anxiety.... I was woundering if the iud could have infected my body some how causing the symptoms and more..thank you for you time....
More questions for: Multiple sclerosis, Chest pain
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Ms relapse - changed to copaxone in april
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has MS, and takes Copaxone)
I've never joined one of these sites but saw this site. I have had MS for 14yrs but changed to Copaxone in April, had a relapse last week and wondered how others were getting on with it. I have a puffy left calf/ankle which can be a side effect of Copaxone - have others had this - can you reduce the ...
- Chest pain while on yasmin
(Posted by a 27 year old woman who has Chest Pain, and takes Yasmin)
started experiencing severe chest pain and Vision disturbances since day one of taking yasmin. today is day 4 and I don't wanna take them anymore. I've ever taken yasmin about a year ago with no side effects so I'm a lil lost as to why its been a bother now. last menses was June 12th, had it prescri ...
- Developed systemic scleroderma while on copaxone for 10 yrs.
(Posted by a 41 year old woman who has Multiple Sclerosis, Scleroderma, and takes Copaxone)
I just tested positive for both crest and systemic scleroderma. I already have ms and have been on copaxone over 10 yrs. I believe copaxone may have caused this. I dont blame the makers. I am sure it has helped more then hurt, but I wonder if this has happened to others. If so it should be something ...
- Febrero 2014 - daniel alberto romero
(Posted by a 60 year old man who has Chest Pain, Stomach Pain, and takes Flecainide Acetate, Pradaxa, Bisoprolol Fumarate)
The dosis: Flecainida-Diondel: 100 mg (twice a day) - Pradaxa-Dabigatran Etexilato: 150 mg twice a day - Bisoprolol fumarato-Corbis: 2.5 mg daily
sometimes I get a chest pain and other days an acid sensation coming from the stomach. I assign these drugs as to be the cause as I never felt this wa ...
- Topamax for weight loss, causing diarrhea
(Posted by a 59 year old woman who has Overweight, Multiple Sclerosis, Tibia Fracture, and takes Topamax, Aubagio, Cymbalta, Celebrex, Fosamax)
I was taking Topamax for weight loss and it worked very well. After 2 months I started having diarrhea. I stopped Topamax and the diarrhea stopped. Is there any drug or supplement I can take Topamax that will stop the diarrhea?
More reviews for: Multiple sclerosis, Chest pain
- A study of side effects of Amoxicillin for a patient with Ear Infection. The patient has Chest Discomfort
Comments: I have been experiencing some chest discomfort on and off for about 3 days. I also have localized pain under my left breastbone. This didn't start until I started the Amoxicillin which I am on 875 mg twice a day. I do have acid reflux which I am on protonix 40 mg twice a day. I am not having any tro ...
- A study of side effects of Avonex for a patient with MS. The patient has Loss Of Vision
Comments: Was recently told that my white blood count was low, I believe that it is a direct result from my medication as I have no other symptoms. My question is , if I go off the medication will my blood count go up if it was indeed the medication causing the drop.
- A study of side effects of Xeloda for a patient with Colon Cancer Stage Iii. The patient has Chest Pain
Comments: Have been on Xeloda 5days. 2000mg bid and past few days intermittent chest and arm pain. I had check up at hospital, including a stress test which was all normal. Pain fells like muscle tightness and comes on after exertion.
- A study of side effects of Tecfidera for a patient with Multiple Sclerosis. The patient has
Comments: I lived in a condominium where each of my neighbors smoked and after I began taking Tecfidera I developed a strong sensitivity to this. Other than myself, no one else could sense the smoke. I became so sensitive that I could tell when a neighbor would start and stop smoking. I then developed constan ...
- A study of side effects of Nexium for a patient with Multiple Sclerosis. The patient has Making A Small Disagreement Into A Big Problem, Getting In Trouble At Work, Feeling Like I Don't Belong, Feeling Guilty, Feeling Cold, Crying - Excessive (0-6 Months), Mouth Ulceration Aggravated (mouth ulcers)
Comments: I feel like I don't belong, little disagreements make me cry with outbursts of yelling, always want to keep busy or don't want to do anything. Always biting down on my teeth or always feel like I am sucking on my tongue, cannot stay still sometimes always depressed
More related studies for: Multiple sclerosis, Chest pain
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.